Main Menu

aspen edge

Started by BIGVICLBI, May 18, 2005, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGVICLBI

Does anyone know if MMJ ever had their song on an Aspen Edge beer commercial? I swear I remember hearing it last summer maybe and I figure you guys would know.

sweatboard

Yes, I think it was the "One Big Holliday" riff.
There's Still Time.........

Actually, I think it was the riff to "Mahgeetah."  

sweatboard

Yes Mahgeetah, that's right
There's Still Time.........

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

MickeyReds

as does mich ultra
As long as you keep a straight face...

thebigbang

QuoteAspen edge sucks
I admit after seeing the commercial with MMJ music in it I bought a pack of this stuff.  I think it was only the second time in my life I tossed beer in the trash because it was so awful. Just terrible beer.

The first time was a twelve pack of Iron City we took to a tailgate for a UofL football game.  Gotta be pretty bad stuff if a bunch of twenty-somethings will not drink it at a tailgate party.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

primushead

Why would MMJ lend such a FANTASTIC song to such an UNFANTASTIC beer!?!?

EC

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteThe first time was a twelve pack of Iron City

Ah, memories.  Iron City is of course Pittsburgh's "finest" beer, ala Falls City being Louisville's "finest" beer.

The first beer I ever drank was an Iron City Lite.  MMMMMMM.  No wonder I swear by bourbon... ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

kymoose

Falls City is a staple, along with University of Louisville football tailgating.

EC

QuoteUniversity of Louisville football tailgating
What's that?

c'mon Meg, you don't know what "tailgating" is?  ;)

kymoose

There is this great scene at all UofL football games on Saturdays in the Fall.  There is lots of Falls City and lots of MMJ (on boom boxes that is).....

Seriously though, any time you get 40,000 people together to drink beer and watch football it is a great time.

thebigbang

QuoteFalls City is a staple, along with University of Louisville football tailgating.
Falls City we'll drink.

I have to give Iron City some credit here. If it were not for them (Pittsburg Brewing Company) none of our former regional brands would likely exist today. They make Falls City, Sterling and a bunch of others:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/410/

My wife's hometown beer is Genesee (Rochester, NY) and we are offered one every time we visit there, but that beer is almost a bad as IC.  At least it was still being made there last I heard.

I think some of the little brands taste a lot better than Budmilloors products.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

Genneseein'...is believin'!!

Love me some Genny Cream Ale.  Used to do some serious beer bonging with some Genny Cream.  Mmmmmm...beer bongs.

You can't buy any Genny products here in Kentucky, sadly.  Is it true that the Gennesee River flows north?

EC

Quotec'mon Meg, you don't know what "tailgating" is? Ê;)
I don't...  (Should I?)  :-/

hahahha that was my pathetic attempt to be funny.

tailgating is a football inspired activity.  before games, the fans gather in the parking lot of the stadium and grill out, drink beer, and generally stand around and consume.  it is a blast, although I can't remember the last time I went...

EC

Right.

Football thing.

:)

thebigbang

QuoteYou can't buy any Genny products here in Kentucky, sadly.  Is it true that the Gennesee River flows north?

Rochester is on the south side of Lake Ontario and the Genesee flows north from Pennsylvania to Lake Ontario.  

Genesee, the beer, ain't much to write home about, but the river and its gorges in Letchworth Park a few miles south of Rochester are SPECTACULAR. If you go anywhere near that area, skip the beer and see the park.  I love Red River Gorge, but Letchworth offers even more dramatic vistas.
http://jboyd.net/Letchworth.html