Started by mickeyreds, May 31, 2005, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

SMc55

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

SMc55

Yeah. Some great quotes - I use them a lot, especially "I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you" when somebody does something impressive  ;D

antoniostrohs

utonynashm

whothrewthecake

hellaciousc

EC

QuoteBottle Rocket

Heh.  hi hellacious.

Rushmore.  (because it's better.  ;))

fitzcarraldo

Hard question, but currently it's got to be Dr. Strangelove, The Fisher King, Night on Earth, Wings of Desire,  Hard Eight or Boogie Nights.

marktwain

BIGVICLBI

braveheart, matrix, star wars can't decide.

SmoothOprtr

Probably Goodfellas, but it's way too broad a question... lol I used to work as a critic for a few small papers before I had to grow up....

Rob Roy was better than Braveheart and The Life Acquatic was better than Bottle Rocket or Rushmore...

Let the debating begin!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

fitzcarraldo

Yeah, saw Bottle Rocket recently (ummm)...but I would definitely say that his other 3 films are super special.
Rushmore, Tennenbaums and Life Aquatic all play like a great record ala MMJ's It Still Moves!

aMillionDreams

I have to make the case for Bottlerocket.  I'm not going to claim that it's Citizen Kane but I think it is far better Than the Life Aquatic.  For those who didn't like it, watch it again with the volume up.  There are a ton of "throw-away" lines and background action that are hilarious but are rarely picked up on first viewing.  I might have liked it better than Royal Tennebaums but Rushmore is still the best of the Wes Anderson collection.  I will close with a speech from Rushmore:
"You were born rich and you will stay rich.  So here's my advice to the rest of you.  Take dead aim on the richboys.  Get them in the crosshairs and take them down.  Just remember: they can buy a lot of things, but they can't buy backbone.  Don't let them forget that.  Thank you".
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

harristrensky

Down By Law by Jim Jarmusch
I was a big old bear once.

ben grimm

.Dazed and Confused or Jesus' Son

dogandponyshow

Have to go with more than one....Lost in Translation, Groundhog Day and Caddyshack....yes, all Bill Murray movies.

D.

goosemeister

dogandponyshow, i'd have to say that bill murray is downright hilarious with his dry wit, which can go unnoticed by those who simply don't get him.  

my favorite bill murray line is from kingpin, and it's a rather small one:

while drinking tanqueray and tab at the diner, ernie mccracken turns to a lady at a booth and says, "hi... not you... hi."  that just cracks me up every single time.

it probably doesn't surprise you that, according to the farrelly brothers, murray ad-libbed virtually all of his lines.  something tells me that this is the case in most of his movies.

SMc55

Yep. Bill Murray is the business. It's his dead pan style that makes Ghostbusters my favourite. I saw him in a film with Randy Quaid about a getaway after a robbery. I can't remember what it was called but it was really funny.