YOUR FAVORITE BEER?

Started by mickeyreds, May 19, 2005, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteAll the love for Blue Moon, and yet so much hate for Coors?

Yes.

heh.

Seriously, what's the comparison?  I don't like Coors light, but I don't hate it either.  I just find it weak.  Actually, I probably just don't choose it because it has less alcohol.  :)

TN_Fire

For all the Blue Moon fans....While Blue Moon is an excellent American micro-brew it is an imitation of some of the best beer in the world...Any Belgian beer.  Just try a Chimay, Piraat, or even the Quebec version Unibrou's La Fin Du Monde, or Don De Dou.  The difference between our interp of the Belgian Style and the real deal is the fact that the avg Belgian beer is 9% ABV.  Blue moon is approx 5%.  Long story short you just need a few.  Anyone who lives in the Louisville area needs to visit beer Mecca....Rich-O's Public House in New Albany.....You'll never drink the same way again!!

SmoothOprtr

QuoteI had Blue Moon once.  It gave me the worst hearburn ever.  Perhaps it was the chili I was eating with it....hmmmmmm.

Or was perhaps because you were pouring the beer in your ear?  :)
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

peanut butter puddin surprise

hahhhahhah like "in your ear with a can of beer?"  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jonjon

Red Stripe or Mickey's for the lagers. That's about the heaviest I can tolerate. I know I'll get smashed for this, but the liteness of the pilsner BudWeiser is a very refreshing to my soul.

Next question, how early is beer drinking allowed? I work nights, so 8:00am in the morning is perfect for me. Plus, an omlett with a beer is part of a complete breakfast in my opinion as well. Hops, wheat, etc, it's all good fer ya.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

fiftymillimeter

locals are my staple. terrapin rye pale if i have a choice, sweetwater 420 a close second. but i'm not the kind of guy to turn down a highlife or pbr if it's cold.

PatricSaint_III

In a bottle it would be Newcastle Brown Ale hands down...

In a pint glass it would be down to:

1- If I'm in Ireland, Murphys Stout
2- If near home in the Philly area, Yards (any kind)
mind the gap, mind your head,
mind the things your mama said... - the soundtrack of our lives