Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

some more hot guitars for your viewing pleasure

1)beatles gear

White Falcon

Rickenbacker

stars with hot guitars

stars with hot effects (for gear freaks!) /Nels Cline, Wilco

Mystery guitar prize question. who recognizes this famous axe??

JacketGal

Excellent!  

Q - is Magheeta about Jim's guitar? If so, that song has new and awesome meaning now! :)

This is Mr. Rich Robinson's custom metal front guitar
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Chills

that's my interpretation at least! I like it.

nice Black Crowes "gheeta" there by the way!

EC

Maaaan.  I was talking to a friend last night, and we decided that even if we had loads of money, we'd still be in the same position we are financially - we'd just have more guitars.

My friend Shelby played on her fucking wicked new guitar, and if I find a picture of it somewhere, I'll post it.  It's got a real surf-sounding feel to it (plus it's blue, and it's huge, and she's little), and it has one of those "things" where it warps the sound.  (What're those called?)

Guitars are hot.

JacketGal

Quotethat's my interpretation at least! I like it.

nice Black Crowes "gheeta" there by the way!

Thanks. I'm borrowing your interpretation, if ya don't mind. I think it's extremely cool and makes that song even more awesome! ;D

yes, Geetars are HOT!!!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Chills

Thanks. I'm borrowing your interpretation, if ya don't mind. I think it's extremely cool and makes that song even more awesome! ;D

yes, Geetars are HOT!!!!

Hey, if you want to borrow my interpretation, you can't forget the "h"! It's essential  ;)

And don't forget the mystery prize question! That last guitar had a famous owner, the cool metal crosses should make it a giveaway.
come on you old school metalheads...

tomEisenbraun

Chills,that would be Tony Iommi's custom SG.

Here's a purty one...

She's mine, and I'm bout to build another this summer.

(Gosh, I look wrong without facial hair)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Chills

Nice work Eisey, that was indeed the Tony Iommi signature SG.

Yours is a beautiful guitar, you look damn proud, and right so! Like the kind of tiger-stripe colour thing.

tomEisenbraun

that would be quilted maple, and quite possibly the luckiest buy I've ever made

jonjon

Drill press in the background, sweet.

Oh yeah, nice gheeta by the way. Beautiful finish.

Couple o hummers for pickups?
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

jonjon

Pikasso
Four necks. Two sound holes. 42 strings. Two access doors; one on the upper player's side and one at the tail block.

Created by Luthier Linda Manzer for guitarist Pat Metheny, the instrument took 2 years to build (approximately 1000 hours), and when the 42 strings are strung up to high tension, the Pikasso is under approximately 1000 lbs pressure. It weighs 6.7 kg or 14 3/4 lbs.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteDrill press in the background, sweet.

Oh yeah, nice gheeta by the way. Beautiful finish.

Couple o hummers for pickups?

haha, yeah, i set up my camera on the sehlf over the workbench at the guitar shop i work at where i had the chance to build her.

the pickups started out as Seymour Duncan JB and Pearly Gates (in the neck) but now they're these groovy GFS Bigmouths (noname eBay find) and they sound like a Strat when coiil-tapped. And really fat when left alone. I like em, and its about time for another foray into some geetar building. I'm gonna do a strat.

"Strats are so fun. I like em cuz you can go..."

jonjon

Quotewhere i had the chance to build her.

I have to throw seriously mad props your way Eisey. I have met some fine guitarist in my life, including you, but you are the first person I've ever met with the talent to build your own guitar.

I thought I was doing good when I built double-doors for my  basement. See, that's why you are the shit man. For building your own ax...you seriously fucking rock dude!!!!

tomEisenbraun

Haha, thank you...

I feel like an ass now, because I really just bought the body and neck already finished and slapped em togetehr and did some wiring. I am however, building my own Strat this summer, and it's not a kit job. I'm building the body from the ground up, making some structural modifications and then painting it, with the help of my boss. The neck I'm leaving to www.warmoth.com because that involves waaay too much precision for me to attempt this early, but I will be finishing it myself probably, going for a satin coat with my own decal that m uncle made for me

jonjon

WHAT?!!!!   You lied to me. I want a divorce!!!

Just playing. I bought a $100.00 gheeta from the pawn shop and removed the body from the neck and tried to re-attached. Never played worth a crap ever again(Like it actually played worth a crap from the beginning). So still, mad props are flying your way for the talent you have to build and create. Man. Build. Make sound from wood!
Need more power. Uhnn Uhnn Uhnn Uhnn!!!!!!

jonjon

Mystery guitar prize question. who recognizes this famous axe??

I don't know that many left handed guitarist. I can't recall seeing Daddy Jimi with that model. OK, I give up. Who's guitar?

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

tomEisenbraun

Haha, guys, it's Tony Iommi from Sabbath, I got that in the middle of the first page. The crosses, blank nickel pickup covers, and the signature on the headstock just give it away. Duh!

(just joshin...if you didn't know much about metal, or spend countless hours being a gear whore, I wouldn't expect that to be an easy guess)