MTV should be Shot! (re: Pink Floyd)

Started by the_twilight_kid, Jul 02, 2005, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

Yeah, halfway through Comfortably Numb the dumbass' cut to the commentators (WTF?!!!?) , and then cut to commercial before the song ends. Hello??????????????????
Good thing I had AOL streaming.
The director should be fired. Nice job. Not.

SmoothOprtr

How did Floyd sound?  I had the fortune to see them live once.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

fitzcarraldo

Hey, the old fellows really sounded great. They played Breathe, Money, Wish You Were Here, and Comfortably Numb.
Live 8, What a show!  

sweatboard

Live 8 sucks my balls.  I hope we end world poverty just so no one has to endure another year of that horse shit.
There's Still Time.........

Jellyfish

Well...the Pink Floyd and Neil Young sets were not horseshit. ;)
Pink Floyd sounded awesome...I got goose bumps.
And MTV cutting short Comfortably Numb is inexcusable for a history making reunion such as that.:(
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

Man.  

I decided not to go because the thought of Sealion Dion singing to us via satellite, and being a representative of Canada made me want to die.

And then Neil Young announced his involvement.  Like two days ago.  Son of a whore.

Canada does a lot of cool things.  Canada does a lot of lame things.

Does the world think that Neil Young is Canadian?  I know that most Canadians do, but when's the last time he actually lived here?

No matter.

At least Live 8 is trying to help the world.  I can forgive Celine for participating in that.

sweatboard

QuoteWell...the Pink Floyd and Neil Young sets were not horseshit. ;)
Pink Floyd sounded awesome...I got goose bumps.
And MTV cutting short Comfortably Numb is inexcusable for a history making reunion such as that.:(

What's horse shit is that they only give them time to play 4 songs.
There's Still Time.........

Jellyfish

What's horse shit is that they only give them time to play 4 songs.

Ok,well,I can agree with that then...but I was not expecting more than 3-4 songs from either of those two...I could have cared less about all the other artists...so you are right most of it was BS...but anytime a band like PF reunites,I will take the 4 songs. ;)

Jellyfish

fitzcarraldo

What was the song Neil Young played right before Free World? Never heard it before, it was beautiful.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Watching Pink Floyd play live was awesome.  I only saw "Money" but it gives me hope to see them reunited, if it were only for one show...and what is it that makes you say it was horseshit?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Chills

QuoteWhat was the song Neil Young played right before Free World? Never heard it before, it was beautiful.

Neil played "Four Strong Winds" from the Comes a Time album and a new song called "When God Made Me".

fitzcarraldo

QuoteMan.  

Sealion Dion

Ha HA! My dad calls her Celine Deline. God Awful.

Daniel Lanois would have been a great addition to the Ontario show. I heard his new instrumental album, very cool stuff. Harkens back to the stuff he did in the 80's with Brian Eno.

Thanks for that Chills!

EC

Quote"Four Strong Winds"

I think that's an Ian and Sylvia song...  It's practically our national anthem.  :)

Chills

I think that's an Ian and Sylvia song...  It's practically our national anthem.  :)

Ha, I didn't knew that was a cover song. Nice to know.

Jellyfish

Yes,Ian Tyson wrote that one.Here is a BT link for the audio and video of the Neil set:
http://www.rustradio.org/tracker/

hellaciousc

i LOVE to hear Neil sing that song.
he sang it at the 1993 Farm Aid, and Willie joined him.
it was awesome.
i still pull out that VHS tape from time to time.

EC

Quotei LOVE to hear Neil sing that song.
he sang it at the 1993 Farm Aid, and Willie joined him.
it was awesome.
i still pull out that VHS tape from time to time.
hellacious!  Does this mean you're back to the grind?

I have never heard Neil sing this song.  I would like to.

I'm pretty sure I remember Ian and Sylvia singin' it on Festival Express...  maybe in the bonus features?

Sylvia Tyson is awesome.  Every time Tom Russell comes to town she shows up and sings with him.  My Dad has a big crush on her.  :)

hellaciousc

yes.
i'm unfortunately back at work.
BUT tomorrow is friday, so that's cool.

did you get the emails i sent you EC?

EC

I did, and I will write back very soon.  :)

The ACL one was hilarious.  Made me laugh.  You're very funny.