MTV should be Shot! (re: Pink Floyd)

Started by the_twilight_kid, Jul 02, 2005, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

"We're sorry, this feature is unsupported in Firefox."
 >:(

EC

It works in Explorer, though.  

Wow.  That's really beautiful, I got all chill-y.  I don't think I've ever seen Neil sing with Peggy (Pegi?) before.  (I feel like she spells her name differently...)  I love seeing couples singing together.  :)

Jellyfish

QuoteIt works in Explorer, though.  

Wow.  That's really beautiful, I got all chill-y.  I don't think I've ever seen Neil sing with Peggy (Pegi?) before.  (I feel like she spells her name differently...)  I love seeing couples singing together.  :)

Pegi has been singing with Neil off and on since 2000....reports are she has taken singing lessons.They did a very nice set together at last years Bridge concerts too.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

QuotePegi has been singing with Neil off and on since 2000....reports are she has taken singing lessons.They did a very nice set together at last years Bridge concerts too.
Aha Pegi.  

That's really awesome.  I like that a lot.  :)

(Brian, did you notice that Neil's wearing a Pearl Jam shirt?)

Man I love that Neil Young.  He's so risky and honest and inspiring.  

jonjon

Man I love that Neil Young.  He's so risky and honest and inspiring.  

I read years ago that he was doing the taping for MTV Unplugged and they had to stop several times including a few walkoffs because the musicians they stuck with him just could not get the feel of the music. I respect that. Don't let anyone fuck wit yo shit. The ability to have the power to say no. That's what those fat cat big bastards need.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

Jellyfish

I read years ago that he was doing the taping for MTV Unplugged and they had to stop several times including a few walkoffs because the musicians they stuck with him just could not get the feel of the music. I respect that. Don't let anyone fuck wit yo shit. The ability to have the power to say no. That's what those fat cat big bastards need.

I think Neil was feeling bad..as in sick,on that MTV unplugged taping...he did scrap the first one,and the producers were miffed because they thought it was great....the musicians were basically his band...Nils Lofgren has played with Neil off and on for years..and his sister and Nicolette(RIP)he sang with before......Spooner Oldham,and I think Larry Craig played the "broom" on "Harvest Moon" who is Neil's guitar tech.... the end product still turned out nice but I would love to see that scrapped show. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need