Chris Isaak

Started by SmoothOprtr, Jul 18, 2005, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmoothOprtr

I'm going to be out in Vegas this week and Chris Isaak is playing at the MGM Grand.  I like his music a lot but I'm not sure I want to pay 68 bucks to see him (and I probably have to buy a 9 dollar drink or something)... has anyone seen him live and shed some light on how worth (or not worth) this opportunity is...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

jonjon

seems a touch pricey. Hell, that's 3 different shows anywhere else. Maybe if it was a class act, say Tommy Dorsett, Tom Jones, etc, but this is young Chris. Not trying to be a hater or anything, but geez, he's still gotten Johnson Baby Oil behind the ears.

Hell, use the money on the rollercoasters. But that's just me.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

McGuire

I like him but not as much as 68 bucks.
All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

jonjon

Then may I suggest Ripley's Museum, Theatre Of the Stars, The Car Museum at Imperial Palace, the disco at Caesar's, and any buffet where the meat doesn't look horselike. Oh yeah, the tigers at MGM. All less than 68 smackers.

lfish

Great music but shitty guy, as I read somewhere.  68 bucks is a lot of money.  

Better spent it on the new jacket cd  :D
lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteBetter spent it on the new jacket cd  :D

muwhaahahahahhahha!!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

lfish

Quotemuwhaahahahahhahha!!

Reminds me of sideshow bob  :D
lfish

now, I ask you...is it just me or is there a startling resemblence here??

EC

Yeeeehaw, that's hilarious.  

(Who's the guy on the left?)

oh come on, you haven't seen the cinematic classic "From Justin to Kelly"?

EC

No...  :-/  (Don't forget that I'm a nerd.)

first off, no you are NOT a nerd.  :)

secondly, it's that American Idol thingy.  I haven't seen it either, but that dude was the runner up in the first season.  he's the bo brice of season 1.  :)

EC

Ahhhhhh.  Thanks for the pop culture clarification.  :)

(Bo Brice - was that the guy that everybody was all weirded out by because he was at the MMJ show, and he made an announcement or something?)

jonjon

QuoteAhhhhhh.  Thanks for the pop culture clarification.  :)

You are waaaayyyy to generous by making him pop culture. Justin is, well, hmmmm, let's just say I'd love to see the expression on his face as he's walking the plank with the tip of a sword poking into his ass.