Main Menu

Be Cool

Started by EC, Jul 15, 2005, 05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

I didn't know a damn thing about this movie except that Andre 3000 was in it, so I rented it.  Well, and for Vince Vaughan, who has never ever done it for me since Swingers.  I keep hoping he will.

Possibly in my top five WORST movies I have EVER seen.

Shit like that drives me crazy.  What a huge waste of money.  So poorly executed.  So badly thought out.  Such a dumb idea in the first place.

Man.

Okay.  I guess the bit where she's singing her song at the community centre piano, where they walk in and there's a big break dancing scene, and she just kind of indicates that she needs to play the piano (they let her play there because she can't afford a piano because she works at the Dairy Queen and at night for Vince Vaughan) is funny.  Although it's not supposed to be.  Watching Uma Thurman close her eyes as she wonders at the beauty of the music filling her ears made me actually fall off the couch.

CC

thanks for the warning.
it's a sequel to 'get shorty' which is overrated too.
except for the scene where john is watching 'touch of evil'. that's brilliant.
oh and the rio bravo reference is cool. that's about it.

EC

Quotethanks for the warning.
it's a sequel to 'get shorty' which is overrated too.
except for the scene where john is watching 'touch of evil'. that's brilliant.
oh and the rio bravo reference is cool. that's about it.

I know that I watched Get Shorty in the theatre, but I can hardly remember it.  Danny DeVito helped produce this one, too...  

Now, Touch of Evil - THERE is a movie!  ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Midnight Express is one hell of a movie.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteMidnight Express is one hell of a movie.
Hmmmm...  I immediately thought of that Gene Wilder film that's called Silver Streak, and realized I was wrong.

Is Nick Nolte in Midnight Express?  I'm drawing a blank...

(Hi John! :))

Hmmmm...  I immediately thought of that Gene Wilder film that's called Silver Streak, and realized I was wrong.

Is Nick Nolte in Midnight Express?  I'm drawing a blank...

(Hi John! :))

heya!  aw hell no, nick nolte ain't in nothing this good.  midnight express is from the 70's, it's a harrowing story about an American who gets arrested in Turkey.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/
Just don't read the reviews.  Golly, doesn't anyone read those before they get posted?  What a crock.

CC

heya! nolte was badass in 'who'll stop the rain'
from the same year as 'midnight express'
just so you know ;)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078490/

EC

Thanks for the tips, dudes.  I was wrong - I haven't seen Midnight Express.  Or Who'll Stop the Rain

So many movies to watch.

Same goes with records.

Man.

look up a Russian film called Burnt by the Sun.  and while your at it, go find the Red, White, Blue trilogy.  and also A Very Long Engagement, which I highly recommend.  WWI French movie.  Totally awesome.

jonjon

LOVED that movie. But then again, I'm a train freak. Scatman Caruthers, and of course Richard. Gene and Richard made an awesome pair in many movies. The shoe polish and radio? Can't beat it.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

primushead

Yeah, Be Cool sure did suck.  It was just a poor excuse to get as many celebs packed into a movie as possible.  This movie ranks as the 2nd worst movie I've ever seen.  As for 1st place, that is eternally reserved for "Sugar and Spice" (that horrible movie where the cheerleaders rob a bank...Don't ask what I was doing seeing it in the first place).

tomEisenbraun

I think my vote for absolute most terrible movie that I've seen would have to be Honey. Yes, the Jessica Alba movie from last year. My friend and I, and a girl he was interested in and her sister and boyrfiend went to the theatres and saw it, and walked out. And ditched the kids. It was horrible. If there was any night that i ever wasted $7.50 and wanted my hour and a half back, it was that. The movie so wonderfully avoiding that tricky task of having a plot, choosing instead to focus on Alba's newly acquired blackness. Her dialect was amazing.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

Honey certainly was shitty, but Jessica Alba sure is hot  :D

Builtolast

That's so great that you guys posted this thread.  I was just telling my roommate last night that Be Cool was probably the worst movie I had ever seen, definitely in the top 3 worst movies ever, one of the other 2 worst is the Punisher, that movie was absolutely horrendous.  I would tell you guys not to waste your time with these two, but it's one of those things where you almost need to see them, just to fully understand how exceedingly terrible they are.  ??? I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but if they come on cable, check 'em out, even if only to proclaim to the world that you have indeed seen 2 of the 3 worst movies ever created.

fitzcarraldo

A Very Long Engagement was great. Some of Jean Pierre Jeunet's films are brilliant. Amelie was such a great movie ,and The City of Lost Children..... That was soooo bugged, I loved it. As well as Delicatessen. Grandpa Joe in the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory totally looked like Krank but it wasn't him.
Never saw Be Cool and Get Shorty sucked big time (I give that movie the finger).
Touch of Evil, class!
Terry Gilliam's new one comes out in a few weeks.  :D

Oz

Hey, a month ago I almost went to see that movie. I thought it'd be enjoyable, because of Andre300 and I felt like something shallow Hollywood-like. Eventually I ended up at an Italian arthouse-movie (Conseguenze dell'amor, or something like that) that was okay.. Apparently that was a better choice, then. :)
I'm ready when you are

SMc55

Quote I was just telling my roommate last night that Be Cool was probably the worst movie I had ever seen, definitely in the top 3 worst movies ever

Worse that Get Shorty? I think that was the only time I ever stopped watching a movie before the end. It was dire  :P

jonjon

That makes it complete then. I was talking to a friend of mine who said that she just got done suffering through a suck movie called Be Cool and how bad it was. I mentioned the post here and she completely agreed. Never saw the movie myself, but thanks to yall, I'll save myself the trouble.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.