in the air tonight

Started by darkglow, Jul 25, 2005, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonjon

QuoteDisney didn't make the Muppet Movie, did they?

Muppet songs are wicked.  Disney songs are barf.

thank you Ms. EC for that correction, they didn't make the Muppets stuff. Sorry yall.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

TheLink

it is ok, I knew what you were trying to say.  But he is now with the likes of Elton Fag and every other aging rocker trying to make a buck.  
Wish they could all go gracefully, but look at the Stones.  What a joke!
Peace.

EC

Ummmm, look, I know they're old, but I still think that Elton John and The Stones can still rock.  

I thought that The Stones were very awesome a couple of summers ago.  AC/DC were WAAAAAYYYYYY better, but I still thought that Keith Richards can rock the fuck down.

Okay.  Maybe I take it back about Elton John.  But he's a much better piano player than I am.  Much, much.

jonjon

Quoteit is ok, I knew what you were trying to say.  But he is now with the likes of Elton Fag and every other aging rocker trying to make a buck.  
Wish they could all go gracefully, but look at the Stones.  What a joke!
Peace.

I hope you mean Elton Fag in a good way cause he is a son of Georgia and we are very protective of our own. Elton, The Stones, Floyd, Phil have all aged like a fine wine. Everyone doesn't wear black their entire lives, unless you're Johnny Cash. People change grooves, dip into other areas and continue to grow because of that. The fact that the Stones are still alive after all the years is amazing. That's like saying Aerosmith sold out. Never happen.

How old are you anyway? I know you are probably way deep into the life of J-Blow or Britney, but we appreciate the timeless travels of the rock and roll world.

EC

Now now now.

I seriously doubt that anybody here is into the J-lo and the Britney, hey?

Chills

There's a reference to "In The Air Tonight" in Eminem's "Stan".

"You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air of the Night"
about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning
but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy
and all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call"

I remember because "Stan" was an immense hit when I was working at my holiday job a few years ago. I knew it by heart after a while...

TheLink

I hope you mean Elton Fag in a good way cause he is a son of Georgia and we are very protective of our own. Elton, The Stones, Floyd, Phil have all aged like a fine wine. Everyone doesn't wear black their entire lives, unless you're Johnny Cash. People change grooves, dip into other areas and continue to grow because of that. The fact that the Stones are still alive after all the years is amazing. That's like saying Aerosmith sold out. Never happen.

How old are you anyway? I know you are probably way deep into the life of J-Blow or Britney, but we appreciate the timeless travels of the rock and roll world.
no, i do mean that he is a fag.  is he not?  i just think that all of the above mentioned musicians have changed considerably for the worst.  only my opinion.  I am 28 years old and have been know to do Rocketman at the local Chinese place.  Hate to break it, but Aerosmith has sold out dude.  Peace.

TheLink

by the way, i hate to offend people and none is intended.  just talking openly about music.  peace jonjon. ;)

jonjon

Quoteby the way, i hate to offend people and none is intended.  just talking openly about music.  peace jonjon. ;)

No offense taken, just have a minor problem with any possible fag bashing. Trust me, I'm open to all discussion of music and if you help me learn something, I'm appreciative of it. Now I am curious to hear how Aerosmith sold out?

darkglow

they stopped writing songs like "dream on"

jonjon

I will agree, but to me, that's like Pink Floyd hasn't done another Comfortably Numb. Dream On is a classic that will live forever and everyone will trash it in the kareoke bars. Crying When I Met You is no follow up to Dream On, but Dude Looks Like A Lady still rocks. OK, I could have done without Back In the Saddle, but that's just me.