Mark Mulcahy

Started by doeslittle, Aug 04, 2005, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doEVILslittle

cc's icon is that guy. i just realized after i was looking up some infor on him as i just saw him last night opening for the pixies...very ecclectic, almost pallatable, but too out there for me. he had some damn good stage banter though

CC

you got it doeslittle ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

for some reason, I thought of him:

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

thebigbang

Quoteyou got it doeslittle ;)

And all this time I thought it was Jeff Lynne of ELO fame.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

Weird.  For so long I thought it was Patrick.

doEVILslittle

And all this time I thought it was Jeff Lynne of ELO fame.

i thought the same thing...but then there was that familiar picture staring me straight in the eye in the middle of a mulcahy website
..really doesn't look like him but...it's definitely related somehow

thebigbang

Who knew it'd be so hard to get a picture of Jeff Lynne from the 70's when his beard was scrawnier.  I especially like the last one that came up on the google images search. Wouldn't it be great to be a rock star and get to choose your artwork?

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

Oh how I love ELO.  

A friend of mine was in England, and he's a trumpet player, and he used to just whip out his trumpet and play when he felt like it.  (I think he still does that.)  Anyhow, he was doing that one day, and some kid with a sax came over and they started playing.  And the kid and him got along (it wasn't, like, a child kid, it was like an early twenties kid), and he invited him over for dinner.  And the kid's dad was in ELO, and I totally can't remember which guy it was, now.  Damn.

Anyhow, apparently it was a really, really great night.  

jonjon

ELO was without a doubt one of the biggest contributors to my style of writing. My Mom brought me up on classical, my Dad brought me up on rock. I was a creative nut caught in the middle and ELO brought the 2 genres together for me. Soaring strings with distorted guitars was the zen of my musical side.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.