Favorite Coffee?

Started by johnconaway, Jul 06, 2005, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

i hear that you should use "near-boiling" water instead of boiling because it will scorch the beans or whatever? i may be wrong, i'm a n00b

EC

Quotei hear that you should use "near-boiling" water instead of boiling because it will scorch the beans or whatever? i may be wrong, i'm a n00b
Hm.  By the time we figure out what that "weird noise" is, and turn off the burner, and then usually forget, and then remember, and finally pour the water into the coffee, it's usually not boiling anyhow.  ;)

darkglow

haha.. cool.. i was thinking about getting the hand lever type machine.. but i hear it takes skill to operate those correctly

EC

Quotehaha.. cool.. i was thinking about getting the hand lever type machine.. but i hear it takes skill to operate those correctly
I'm not sure what the hand lever type machine is...

I also like one of those stovetop espresso machines.

darkglow

EC

Beautiful.

That'll do you well.  Mildly difficult to manouvre in the morning.

Does that have a grinder on it?

darkglow

i guess so.. i'm flying by the seat of my pants with this whole self-made coffee stuff

utonynashm

EC

Quotecoffee is for fools
I imagine you saying that as Mr. T.

SmoothOprtr

I tell you another coffee that sucks- that 8 O'clock coffee I see all over the place.  Taste like someone shit in my mouth, but hey, at least it wasn't Starbucks....

The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

darkglow

suddenly i am unable to drink the rest of this sweet tea. thanks smooth

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

SmoothOprtr

Quotesuddenly i am unable to drink the rest of this sweet tea. thanks smooth

LOL all apologies....
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

J. Dixon

QuoteHeine Brothers offers 'Ronda's Blend' in memory of Ronda Mahaffey, who died in a car accident on her way home from a MMJ show almost 2 years ago. A portion of the proceeds go to the Center for Women and Families. Ronda loved MMJ.

Heine Bros. rocks for doing this and the coffee is quite tasty as well.  

As far as Louisville coffee is concerned, I'm really trippin' on Highland Coffee. You get to choose between 5 or six different types (dark roast, flavored, decaf., etc.)Lately, I've been there every morning. 8)

jonjon

You get to choose between 5 or six different types (dark roast, flavored, decaf., etc.) 8)

Decaf? Unleaded coffee = rehab is for quitters. I can't find the point. Gotta love a hot brew that will gently kick you in the butt and have you functioning in just a few minut...er, make that hours.

J. Dixon. Did you make a prediction for me one time?
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

EC

So, I went to bed really really late last night, and woke up feeling quite groggy and weird.  I go to the kitchen, and there's a present for me.  Like, an actual wrapped up present.  Jen felt really bad that she's taking the bodum (which is hers anyway) with her to Iowa.  The kettle is also hers, and she got upset yesterday because I don't have a kettle.  "Kettle," I said, "I don't need a kettle.  I don't drink tea."  (I don't think I've ever owned a kettle in my life.)

Anyhow, you know those espresso makers that you put directly onto your stove?  Yeah.  She got me one of those, only this one is really big, and it makes coffee proper.  And it's beautiful.  And it's a combined coffee maker kettle, so I don't need the two things.

So three cheers for Jen who made my morning really nice.  :) Oh man she leaves in two days.  

bllllaaaaeeeccchhhhh.

antoniostrohs

That Jen sounds like a true sweetheart and a great friend.Megan,you might need another bottle of bourbon to drown your sorrows when she hits the road in a couple of days.Hang in their girl and give Jen my best.

EC

QuoteThat Jen sounds like a true sweetheart and a great friend.Megan,you might need another bottle of bourbon to drown your sorrows when she hits the road in a couple of days.Hang in their girl and give Jen my best.

I will do, Tony.  :)

whothrewthecake

aw sweet story, EC!
aren't good girlfriends just the best? friends are good.
in other news, i'm now inspired to go get some coffee. it's gross and rainy here today, so i think this sounds like a good plan.