Favorite Coffee?

Started by johnconaway, Jul 06, 2005, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

are you a Folgers guy/gal, or do you crave something fancy like Starbuck's?  what is your favorite coffeeshop?  do you dig those frozen drinks?  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Okay.

This thread is wicked.

My favourite place to get coffee is Alternative Grounds.  Barring that, Balzac's (where I work) is awesome.

At home, we only buy fair-trade, organic, shade-grown coffee that has a very very dark roast.  And we grind our beans in the morning and make our coffee in one of those french press glass bodum things.

Oh yes we do.  We're fairly retarded about our morning coffee.  We also play Devotchka, and only Devotchka, because it's wonderful wake-up, inspiring music.

I take nothing in my coffee.  I don't really like any sugar in any kind of drink, and I don't drink milk.

My favourite coffee is a double Americano.  Actually, I had a really really good one in Carrborro, North Carolina.

Mmmmm...

But truly, I don't mind a good cup from a truck stop, either.  

Oh yeah, Jonathan - you were witness to this I think, it was during the morning that the wind was blowing all the tents into the sky at Bonnaroo, and those storm clouds were rolling in, and you played my autoharp and I sang a bit-
I put bourbon in my coffee that morning.  Duuuuuuuude.  Dangereuse.

hey, I'm all about the morning ritual.  ;)  i've even got the damn coffeepot on a timer, so that the freshly brewed manna from heaven is ready when Amelia wakes me up at 5 a.m.  :P...

after that, i'm either lurking here whilst drinking my yucky regular coffee or watching the news on mute.  then it's off to work where we have some truly awful coffee.  i think i'll switch to tea.  :)

CC

i'm a senseo guy

favourite coffeeshop? de vrolijke gaper

i do not dig frozen drinks

EC

John, you can get a portable, drinkable bodum.  You could take your ground coffee to work, put a little in the cup (and it has one of those push screens already in there), and just boil water, and voila - good coffee.  ;)

fitzcarraldo

Dunkin Donuts Regular, Cream and One sugar. I'm trying to switch to 2% milk and no sugar but my willpower sucks.  :)
Also love Green Tea for the facts that it is very tasty and is one of the healthiest drinks, decaf especially.  

EC

What's senseo, Riny?

And yes.  Green tea is wicked, wicked good and good for you.

CC

okay, now I'm hankering for some of that.

EC

Holy crap.  I'm totally going for coffee right now.

Please nobody talk about drinking bourbon today.  :)

QuoteHoly crap.  I'm totally going for coffee right now.

Please nobody talk about drinking bourbon today.  :)

how bout an Irish Coffee?  bourbon AND coffee!  ;)

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

jonjon

QuoteJohn, you can get a portable, drinkable bodum.  You could take your ground coffee to work, put a little in the cup (and it has one of those push screens already in there), and just boil water, and voila - good coffee.  ;)

Is that similar to a French press? I have one of those at work and usually grind my beans once a week. Grinding beans is half the fun.

Irish coffee? Bailey's Irish Creme will jumpstart anyone's day. I wanted to being some to the Roo, but didn't know if I could get coffee and they said no bottles.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

callahan

Heine Brothers offers 'Ronda's Blend' in memory of Ronda Mahaffey, who died in a car accident on her way home from a MMJ show almost 2 years ago. A portion of the proceeds go to the Center for Women and Families. Ronda loved MMJ.

ratsprayer

i just bought a french press, and wow!  its like tasting coffee for the first time.   :o

jonjon

Quotei just bought a french press, and wow!  its like tasting coffee for the first time.   :o

It doesn't get any better does it ratsprayer? Embrace your coffee virginity all over again. ;D
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

SmoothOprtr

I can't believe I missed this thread earlier...  this is one of my classic rant topics...

Gloria Jeans is far and away the best coffee out there.  Dunkin Donuts is pretty good coffee, but fucking Starbucks is the worst... I was told they intentionally burn their beans... either way, it taste like shit, and I'm not even holding the terrible experience you have to endure to buy the coffee against them (ie... encountering every fucking yuppie loser too young to consume alcohol with no where else to go)... ugh
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

EC

I had a big row with Starbucks a couple of years ago.  Sometimes I write letters when companies make me mad.  So I did, and we went back and forth, and they ended up mailing me some damn coupons.

So lame.

Anyhow, yeah.  Starbucks sucks on many, many levels.

darkglow

starbuck's coffee is extremely bitter and sometimes muddy

yah.. i'm one of those other people who just sticks the stuff in the machine and sets a timer.. but i'm investimagating on this whole "making your own coffee better"

someone point me in the right direction

EC

Quotestarbuck's coffee is extremely bitter and sometimes muddy

yah.. i'm one of those other people who just sticks the stuff in the machine and sets a timer.. but i'm investimagating on this whole "making your own coffee better"

someone point me in the right direction
You need a coffee grinder and a bodum and some goooood beans.

You grind the beans as you go (4 scoops per bodum), and add the boiling water.

You seriously can't find a nicer morning coffee than that.

Now, occasionally we get pretty stupid in the morning.  Do not stick your fingers in the grinder.  Jen has been known to scoop the beans straight onto the counter, and I've burned myself with hot water.  A lot.  

But it's awesome.  :)