Where is everyone livin?

Started by whitepepper, Apr 24, 2005, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

Shelbyville, Kentucky.

In fact, we're only two miles from "Above the Cadillac Studio", where MMJ layed down all those great sounds.
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

utonynashm

EC

QuoteShelbyville, Kentucky.

In fact, we're only two miles from "Above the Cadillac Studio", where MMJ layed down all those great sounds.

(Did you know that at the time?  Did you go and hide out in the fields to try and hear what was going on?)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteah..Long Beach Island, NJ..my home away from home! My lady's parents have a house there. Ween made 2 great records in LBI

HOLY SHITE.  what a small world after all.

first off, you are in bethlehem, PA...a short jaunt from washington county, PA where myself, the missus, and my son grew up.

secondly, LBI?  HOLY SHITE.  I've been only a few times but it was always AWESOME.  truly a small world if we were there about the same time (all my visits were in the late 80s).

oh, and I'm in Louisville, Kentucky...home of all things Louisville... ;D
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

thebigbang

(Did you know that at the time?  Did you go and hide out in the fields to try and hear what was going on?)

I knew where the farm and studio was from talking to the band members, but alas, we moved to our small farm only six months ago.  I have bought corn and flowers at the farm for several years, but I think the studio was on the other side from the public market.

If you ever are near Shelbyville and want to get a feel of the place where some great Jacket tunes were cultiviated, make a trek to their market some day.  It's a really nice place that has not gone over-the-top touristy yet.

http://www.gallreinfarms.com/visit.htm

Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

EC

QuoteI knew where the farm and studio was from talking to the band members, but alas, we moved to our small farm only six months ago.  I have bought corn and flowers at the farm for several years, but I think the studio was on the other side from the public market.

If you ever are near Shelbyville and want to get a feel of the place where some great Jacket tunes were cultiviated, make a trek to their market some day.  It's a really nice place that has not gone over-the-top touristy yet.

http://www.gallreinfarms.com/visit.htm

Wicked!  I will be around there fairly soon, and will probably be aching for some good, fresh produce.  So that's certainly good to know about.  Thanks for that.  

mmztaylor

primushead

DD

i was at that studio about a month or two ago.  i was picking up a fender rhodes that sits in my living room now.  

jeffersonville, in.  

which since you have never heard of it is right across the river from louisville kentucky.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

neal

Louisville, Kentucky

"I Love This Town"

Chills

ironchefbenjata

Elizanne33

Livermore, CA
it's about 40 miles from San Francisco

twilightzzz

yazoo city, ms...some say the capital of the drrty south...

some say

EC

yazoo city, ms...some say the capital of the drrty south...

some say
"goin' back to old yazoo-ooo
everythin' out here is neeeewww
i can't stand it
jez must land it
goin' back to old yazoo."

Man, I LOVE that song.  I have this great old version of it, but it's on tape.  
(if you don't like beans and rice, git your rii-iice and beans.)

Billy_Pilgrim

London, England, Europe, Earth.
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

ironchefbenjata

QuoteLivermore, CA
it's about 40 miles from San Francisco

my best friend and his wife live in Livermore

Elizanne33

my best friend and his wife live in Livermore

Hey some folks in my neck of the woods, I hope they are MMJ fans too!

otter