Where is everyone livin?

Started by whitepepper, Apr 24, 2005, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonjon

Any club downtown is great. The ratio is said to be 11 to 1 women to men. Though it's a college town....DO NOT walk down the street with a beer...even if it's in a paper cup. Depending on how the cops feel, you'll either get a $120.00 ticket that you have to come to court for...or they will handcuff you and take you straight to jail. This really is the dirty south.

The laser show at Stone Mountain is awesome isn't it. I used to work there back in 1984.(Damn) It is again the biggest with some of the images being over 500 ft high. The lasers from the top installation travel to the mountain surface over 1/4 of a mile, that's why they can be projected so big. Things have changed due to politics and corporates, so it's not as kewl as it used to be. I think the neatest thing is an exact replica back at the studio where the show is created. It's scaled down into a 20 x 10 room. Did I mention that there are speakers at the base of the mountain and speakers placed in the trees all the way up the hill to the top installation and they are on an entire 3 second delay so sound will match?

Sorry, starting to geek out.
Look into Western skies, your answer is over there.

Tree

Frankfurt a.M., Germany
am I the only german here??  ::) :P

SMc55

QuoteFrankfurt a.M., Germany
am I the only german here??  ::) :P

I think you probably are. I can't think of another.

Tree

okay...so we can say that most germans have a bad taste of music!!  ;)

SMc55

Don't know about that. Maybe they just need you to spread the word! By the way, I saw a German group recently. Rammstein - do you know/like them? I thought they were fantastic  :D

Tree

of course! but i don´t like them! they have some good songs...but i wouldn´t go on a concert.
where did you see them?

SMc55

I saw them at the Arena in Newcastle in the North of England. It was a really impressive show. Flames and explosions. We loved it. They had a good crowd there, too.

EC

I've always wondered what kind of music Rammstein is...

SMc55

QuoteI've always wondered what kind of music Rammstein is...

You can listen to a sample here: http://www.universalmotown.com/mediaplayers/rammstein/#

EC

You can listen to a sample here: http://www.universalmotown.com/mediaplayers/rammstein/#
Thanks, dith.  They are exactly what I thought they would sound like.  :)

I suddenly had a flashback to Lollapalooza '92 (I think it was '92).  

Tree

QuoteI saw them at the Arena in Newcastle in the North of England. It was a really impressive show. Flames and explosions. We loved it. They had a good crowd there, too.
yeah their show is always amazing!! i think in "xXx" they show a concert! also with flames and explosions!  8)

SMc55

yeah their show is always amazing!! i think in "xXx" they show a concert! also with flames and explosions!  8)

Hey I hadn't realised that about xXx. I'll have to have a look at that.

Tree

yeah it´s pretty cool!!
"...FEUER FREI..."  ;D

SMc55

Quote"...FEUER FREI..."  ;D

bang bang!   :o

vielfras

Wow a German here huh?  Thats cool so there are a couple of you who like decent music.  Just kidding, so do you know Truckstop?  My fiancee is German and her father loves listening to Truckstop.  It is apparently Germany's number one country group.

When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

EC

Germany has a number one country group called Truckstop?

Wow.  I would LOVE to hear what German country music sounds like.

Tree

truckstop?? never heard of them...but i don´t wanna listen to german country music!!  ;) in germany there are bands called  "Roy hammer & die pralinées","Torf Rock" etc. sounds scary and thay´re so crappy!!  :D strange people...^^
well..i´m not exactly a german! i´m a portuguese guy who lives in a small town near Frankfurt (just dirty...i hate frankfurt!)   :)
@vielfras
what´s the meaning of your name?

vielfras

Vielfras means "glutton" :)

Oh and EC, you don't want to hear them, they are number one in a country that thinks David Hasselhof is hot shit.  Don't bother.

I like Germans, but their language is not the prettiest thing to hear speaking or singing.  Let alone country
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

Chills

QuoteWow a German here huh?  Thats cool so there are a couple of you who like decent music.  Just kidding, so do you know Truckstop?  My fiancee is German and her father loves listening to Truckstop.  It is apparently Germany's number one country group.

Amazing, I know one of their songs: "Wilder Westen"
It's horrible, but funny.
Hey do you know Guildo Horn? He's kind of a cult figure with me and my friends because we saw him perform one day on German TV. Man, that was great.

Tree

Hey do you know Guildo Horn? He's kind of a cult figure with me and my friends because we saw him perform one day on German TV. Man, that was great.
oh man...i hate him!!  ;D his music is just terrible and his hairstyle...  :-X

okay "vielfras". i was wondering about the name...
in germany it´s written with 2 "s" or "ß"
i was thinking like..."hmmm i know the word vielfras...let me just think about it."
 :)