Eels, Weezer, and Beck

Started by TheLink, Aug 19, 2005, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLink

what the hell happened?!  this new stuff is quite lame. any thoughts?
 ???

peanut butter puddin surprise

I agree the Weeze has lost it's edge.  Even the Green album was pretty awesome, but "Beverly Hills" makes me want to go stab my eardrums with a Qtip.

I have Beck's Guero and it's not all that bad, just sounds retreaded from Odelay and Midnight Vultures...

as for the eels, I don't get it.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

TheLink

wow, my thoughts exactly.  i friggin loved the sweater song back in high school.  even hashpipe was okay, but Weezer is done from what I can tell.  Eels were pretty good in the day, but i think E has lost his mind and ability to make decent music.

whothrewthecake

poor weezer. the blue album and pinkerton will always have a place in my heart, i can even jam to the green album. but maladroit and this latest one make my noggin hurt.

Tree

yeah, after releasing maladroit the music got worse...and i  donĀ“t even want to listen to the new one!! but the blue one and pinkerton are great...and the dvd is also great!

aMillionDreams

I can't really comment on the eels or weezer but I think that 'Guero' is a good CD.  It's a summertime, feel-good vibe.  Hell Yes!  I think it's amusing that people are criticizing the album because it's somewhat similiar to the Odelay-feel.  People used to criticize Mutations and Sea Change because it didn't sound like Odelay.  But I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.  Hell Yes!  ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

JacketGal

aMillionDreams, I agree with you on Guero! I didn't like it at first and what was worse is that I got the EP on iTunes and it sounded like video games! The record is much better and it is very summer like!
Go it Alone!

They just announced a Weezer/Foo Fighters show in Chicago! I want to go for the Foo Fighters but Weezer, not so much!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.