Sending good vibes to Louisiana and Alabama

Started by wellfleet, Aug 30, 2005, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

i'm usually pretty self-involved but i swear my heart goes out to all those poor people in louisiana, alabama and mississippi. can we all think some good thoughts and send 'em their way?
also, i had an idea but i will defer to the elders of this forum. i have the MMJ Gold Hole 7". It's a 500-piece, ltd. edition pressing. what if we set up an auction right here and the winner's money would go to a Katrina relief-related charity we all decide on? thoughts?
everything sucks. really.

dragonboy

I can't begin to imagine how those poor people must be feeling. To lose your home or worse still a loved one because you couldn't leave town...
I've been watching the news all morning & it's the looting that makes me sick! That's one of the lowest things I've ever seen in my life.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

wellfleet

there's a special place in hell for the looters. i saw these people try and walk back into their not-completely-destroyed house and someone had broken in and taken the TV and the computer... these were already pretty poor people. i don't get it. you're all in the same boat (literally!). and that man who had to let go of his wife's hand and he can't find her so she's probably dead... i just cried and cried...
everything sucks. really.

whothrewthecake

dragonboy

Quoteand that man who had to let go of his wife's hand and he can't find her so she's probably dead... i just cried and cried...

I saw that guy on the news too. Heartbreaking stuff...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Quotei'm usually pretty self-involved but i swear my heart goes out to all those poor people in louisiana, alabama and mississippi. can we all think some good thoughts and send 'em their way?
also, i had an idea but i will defer to the elders of this forum. i have the MMJ Gold Hole 7". It's a 500-piece, ltd. edition pressing. what if we set up an auction right here and the winner's money would go to a Katrina relief-related charity we all decide on? thoughts?
Dude, that's awesome.  I would bid on that.

SMc55

Dude, that's awesome.  I would bid on that.

Me too. Love and all good wishes to everyone affected. I've seen some heartbreaking stories on the news. Awful.

A generous idea, wellfleet (not bad for somebody who's self involved  ;))