New to Philly

Started by Coltrane, Sep 09, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

I just moved to Philly, well Lansdowne to be exact, and I was looking for any indie record shops in the area. You know, the ones that will carry "Z" on vinyl and any other of its glorious forms!!! And maybe where the TLA is and parking and what not as the wife and I will be front and center at BOTH shows.........................thanks!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Coltrane

well, this just proves my theory. THERE ARE NO NICE PEOPLE IN PHILLY!

and Germans love David Hasselhoff.

SMc55

Quotewell, this just proves my theory. THERE ARE NO NICE PEOPLE IN PHILLY!
I'm sure there are people here from the Philly area. They'll be along I'm sure.

ratsprayer

and Germans love David Hasselhoff.

quite right!!

Huntley

The TLA is on South Street http://www.theateroflivingarts.net/

I will be heading out to the Friday night show with some buds; can't swing both although I would like to.  Too many good shows coming up, have to watch the finances.  The wife and I will be attending a dandy at the TLA on 9/28 as Sufjan Stevens and his Illinoisemakers will be in town.

I live in New Jersey so I won't speak out of turn about "no nice pople in Philly".  I do know however, there are nice people everywhere you go, good luck in your new town.

fitzcarraldo

Did some searchin for ya Coltrane:
'AKA Music' says they'll have the "Z" vinyl
Their at 21 North 2nd St Near intersection of Church St and North 2nd St  215 922 3855
Cheers, Sean from NYC

whitepepper

I'm in the Philly area...a lot of good music comin out of Philly

Coltrane

A hearty thank you to everyone not from Philly!!! I know there are a lot of great people on this forum!!

I'm usually open to new and exciting things, and I was excited to move here.....but people have been just flat out rude. And not like in NYC where people are just trying to get to work and stuff. People here seem to want to be rude. And apparantly there is a law that you don't have to use turn signals when driving because no one does!! At least in Cali when someone cuts you off they have a signal on.

That's why we're going to both MMJ shows, finances be damned. We need that sweet, sweet music to brighten up our Philly nights!

If only Carrot Top would come to town!