Hotdog Appreciation

Started by HorkoLad, Sep 19, 2005, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratsprayer

QuoteI think the hot dog is a decidedly American thing... idea of throwing a bunch of low grade, potentially cancerous processed meats into a mixing pot is what American was founded on!  While I am sure Germany has some excellent meat- I am sticking to my original stance.  Oddly enough, I am originally from a town with German roots named- Frankfort.  There are a few authentic restaurants there and none serve a hot dog.

i still eat 'em and love 'em, but theres no "potential" about the fact nitrites are carcinogens.  just put some aspartame on them, it wont hurt!   ;D

ratsprayer

i still eat 'em and love 'em, but theres no "potential" about the fact nitrites are carcinogens.  just put some aspartame on them, it wont hurt!   ;D

sorry to be a downer, even though theyre cancerous, i still appreciate hot dogs!   ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

hell, by that logic, we shouldn't eat anything.  it's all bad for us.  unless we're talking about seaweed or something...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

Quotehell, by that logic, we shouldn't eat anything.  it's all bad for us.  unless we're talking about seaweed or something...

i dont like that logic either, its still accepting those chemicals are there, and that complacency allows the industry to keep them in place.  they dont need to be there, but alas i still appreciate hot dogs!  

peanut butter puddin surprise

shoot, just look at the ingredients to cereal, or bread, or anything with preservatives.  nothing like a good ol dose of Red #6....mmmmmmmm, Red #6.....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ratsprayer

Quoteshoot, just look at the ingredients to cereal, or bread, or anything with preservatives.  nothing like a good ol dose of Red #6....mmmmmmmm, Red #6.....

but yet now they make anti freeze that wont kill your pets.  where's the love?   :-/

EC

It's pretty easy to eat well if you make a little effort (and are willing to spend a little more money).  You don't have to buy things with preservatives, and if you stick to the rawest forms of foods, you'll generally be okay.

I could probably go on for about 8 hours, but this is the hot dog thread and I don't wanna wreck it.  Maybe we could start a good eating thread?  Anyone?

I'm not crazy about regular hot dogs, but I do like a grilled sausage with saurkraut and mustard.  is that how you spell that?  Anyhow, another interesting fact, sauerkraut (the real stuff, not the generic stuff) is INCREDIBLY good for you.  It's filled with friendly bacteria.  So if you eat it on yer hot dog, it helps balance the negative effects.

But yeah.  I will stop right there. ;)

ratsprayer

QuoteIt's pretty easy to eat well if you make a little effort (and are willing to spend a little more money).  You don't have to buy things with preservatives, and if you stick to the rawest forms of foods, you'll generally be okay.

I could probably go on for about 8 hours, but this is the hot dog thread and I don't wanna wreck it.  Maybe we could start a good eating thread?  Anyone?

I'm not crazy about regular hot dogs, but I do like a grilled sausage with saurkraut and mustard.  is that how you spell that?  Anyhow, another interesting fact, sauerkraut (the real stuff, not the generic stuff) is INCREDIBLY good for you.  It's filled with friendly bacteria.  So if you eat it on yer hot dog, it helps balance the negative effects.

But yeah.  I will stop right there. ;)

yeah i almost wrecked the thread (i mean, much worse than i already tried.)  start zee good eating thread, and ill share a few secrets.   ;D

waxy

Dear Horkolad,

tell everyone here at the MMJ board about the Hot Dog Tour

Everyone will change their minds REAL quick about who the experts of hot dogs are real quick after Horkolad shows you a thing or two.  Hey, Horkolad, don't be shy....thats righ show them a picture or two from HDT 2005

-Waxy
makes much more sense to live in the present tense