Bourbon question. John?

Started by Chills, Sep 28, 2005, 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chills

So, I checked my local store and they've only got Four Roses. Worth picking up? Mind you, you can't get all that other fancy brands out here!

The alternative is a fine blend called Famous Grouse.

antoniostrohs

I'm not John,But the Four Roses single barrel bourbon is top of the line. I had a bottle given to me on my birthday.Most excellent. Great mellow flavor.

Chills

Thanks. Is the single barrel a better, more expensive version or is it just the basic Four Roses?

antoniostrohs

It is a better and more expensive than their other bourbons.But I bet their other bourbons are very good quality.
www.fourroses.us

Chills

Yay, thanks for helping out.

That site was too funny:
"You must be of legal drinking age in your country of residence to enter FourRoses.us"

:)

Four Roses it is then!

peanut butter puddin surprise

aw yeah, that stuff is the shiznit.  if there's no "fancy" labels there, try some Jim Beam Black label or Heaven Hill...you can usually find those anywhere...

then, if the mood is for pure drunkeness, go for Wild Turkey.  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

Quoteif the mood is for pure drunkeness, go for Wild Turkey.  ;)
But you must be prepared to feel fucked up, and to have a shit-ass hangover the next day.  :)

But yes.  Turkey will do if there is nothing else.  

peanut butter puddin surprise

100 Proof baby!  You know it!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Chills

But you must be prepared to feel fucked up, and to have a shit-ass hangover the next day.  :)

I am prepared, always.

Party time

EC

Are those m&ms?

:)  I would like to party with some m&ms.  Riiiiight about now.

Chills

Let's all party together with some M&M's!

EC

primushead

Anyone ever dive into the Kentucky Gentlemen?  I think it's like 12 bucks for a handle.  Reaaaaaaaaaaal fucked up tasting, but it's cheap and it'll get you drunk.

Also, Mellow Corn is a good, cheap ass bottle.

marktwain

If you're ever stuck with bourbon that's not worth drinking, buy some beer that's not worth drinking and do boilermakers.
[smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif] [smiley=drunk.gif]

aMillionDreams

QuoteAnyone ever dive into the Kentucky Gentlemen?  I think it's like 12 bucks for a handle.  Reaaaaaaaaaaal fucked up tasting, but it's cheap and it'll get you drunk.

Also, Mellow Corn is a good, cheap ass bottle.

Kentucky Gentlemen is what we call rot gut, and for good reason.  At least take a step up and go with Kentucky Tavern, that's about as cheap as I can go without physically feeling the liver damage I'm doing to myself.   mmmmmmm...liver damage ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

primushead

I was wondering what that green bile was that I was puking up... :D

corey

QuoteI think it's like 12 bucks for a handle.  Reaaaaaaaaaaal fucked up tasting, but it's cheap and it'll get you drunk.

Best line ever.

primushead

Best line ever.

Feel free to use that around your friends.  They'll think more of you for it:)

corey

Check the sig!
 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

primushead

QuoteCheck the sig!
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

NIIICCE.  But now I need a witty comment from you to put on my profile.