Not John Conaway

Started by Drunkre, Sep 29, 2005, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkre

Not that I'm trying to be John Conaway, or steal the thunder, but my wife is pregnant.  We just found out a few days ago; I am in serious need of a drinking buddy.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

marktwain

Congratulations, Drunkre!  Just wait 21 years and some months, and you'll have the perfect drinking buddy.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteNot that I'm trying to be John Conaway, or steal the thunder, but my wife is pregnant.  We just found out a few days ago; I am in serious need of a drinking buddy.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!  That is totally awesome!  Congratulations!!  

You have no idea how wonderful and life alterating having a lil one around is.  You will love that baby with all your heart...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteNot that I'm trying to be John Conaway, or steal the thunder, but my wife is pregnant.  We just found out a few days ago; I am in serious need of a drinking buddy.

Congratulations!!!  How exciting!!

SMc55

Wonderful news! I'm delighted for you  :D

MMJ_fanatic

Nice worke Drunkre!  I notice your avitar has disappeared, did you finally wise up and drop that America basher Noam Chomsky?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Drunkre

QuoteNice worke Drunkre!  I notice your avitar has disappeared, did you finally wise up and drop that America basher Noam Chomsky?

I'm just gonna let this one slide.  Chomsky and I (drinking buddies) love America more than anyone else I know.  But we love it like we love our child; we want to see it grow up right, and if it needs discipline to set it straight, we know that although it may hurt us to make our child angry with us, it is also our responsibility and we cannot shirk such a duty.  Most Americans love America like they love their mother; unconditionally, and in need of psychoanalysis.  

That being said, I'm not sure what's going on with the avitar.  Maybe the website I stole it from is down?  Or they may have redone some programming on MMJ.com

marktwain

Most Americans love America like they love their mother; unconditionally, and in need of psychoanalysis.

:D
That's awesome.  Chomsky's or yours?

Drunkre

:D
That's awesome.  Chomsky's or yours?

You mean the line about loving your mother?  Sort of mine; sort of Al Franken's.  Bastard child of both.

MMJ_fanatic

::)Chomski and Franken in the same sentence, "woo-boy" 'nuff said.

MMJ_fanatic

I hereby formally apologize for the preceding post.  I am not here to trample on anyone's freedom of thought.  I just prefer to avoid that level of discourse.

Oz

Drunkre, I absolutely love you: "Hey, my wife is pregnant, but that doesn't mean I'm John Conaway!"

John Conaway, king of the pregnant women?  ;)
I'm ready when you are

EC

(Oz!  I couldn't figure it out!  That's perfect!! :))

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteDrunkre, I absolutely love you: "Hey, my wife is pregnant, but that doesn't mean I'm John Conaway!"

John Conaway, king of the pregnant women?  ;)

I really shouldn't post following that, but hey...

Wow!  King of the Pregnant Women! Does that make my wife "Queen of the Pregnant Women?!"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there