MMJ on Conan June 19th

Started by rowski22, Jun 06, 2008, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doEVILslittle

I think it might be an entirely new omnichord...can anyone confirm? If it is we must have a memorial service for the old one....i could only wish to go out in such a fashion, in the glorious golden rain of 'roo '08 in the loving arms of cap'n goodies

Clarkwork

Jim pulling out the Flying V at the end is like a cowboy in the old west pulling out his gun and slaying someone!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

dragonboy

Quotein the glorious golden rain of 'roo '08
Someone pissed on it?!!  :o  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

doEVILslittle

jim referred to it as such....and with the pee stories floating around these boards there seems to have been an awful lot of urine at thunderdome part II

edit: bathroom clip!!!! and more

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/my-morning-jacket-meets-their-biggest-fan-on-conan_010563.html

cantrell-r

I think it's hilarious that the bear is singing backup during the song!

MMJ_fanatic

I Loved the V under the cape bit and I see Carl drug out "Blackie" for the show  ;).  They all look they are having more fun than ever.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

mjkoehler

That was fucking awesome. The hiding the V was badass to the 10th degree.

Hey Murph, BH is good people!

TEO

QuoteThat was fucking awesome. The hiding the V was badass to the 10th degree.

The only drag is that I had read about it before hand, could see it, and knew it was coming! Otherwise it would have been total tits.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

getinthevan

The only drag is that I had read about it before hand, could see it, and knew it was coming! Otherwise it would have been total tits.......

Where had you read about it before?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

mjkoehler

I'm assuming here. I read what was going on before I saw it at lunch. Thankfully DB was able to find a link to it.

TEO

I read about it here before I watched it on my dvr.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

Cheers DB!

They just continue to distance themselves from everyone else.

They ARE the innovators!

bluntmaster

they are bad mother fuckers that shit was straight bad to the mother fucking bone.  hard to beat, I could bitch about intonation or some shit but fuck that pompous bs one song seems hard to capture an audience but that shit was on another fucking planet, it's stuns you to watch it almost.  like a dear caught in the headlights.  jaw dropping

mika j.

thanks for the link dragonboy. i was bummed that i got home from work late yesterday and missed conan. i was wondering all day what songs they sang, so thank you :)  

ManNamedTruth

Quotehttp://musicslut.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-morning-jacket-visits-conan.html

Thanks DB. I didn't notice the guitar sticking out of the bottom of the cape last night. Touch Me part 2 might be surpassing a couple songs to be my favorite from the album.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

lisaskye

I am so happy and proud.. to part of the Jacket Nation....   ;)

Agent Cooper

QuoteI am so happy and proud.. to part of the Jacket Nation....   ;)

My sentiments exactly!

TGMC421

QuoteI am so happy and proud.. to part of the Jacket Nation....   ;)

My sentiments exactly!

I'll cheers to that!  [smiley=beer.gif]