Confession time, pt. 2

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, Jul 06, 2006, 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorothy_Mantooth

I drop everything I'm doing when the Hoveround commercial comes on tv. seriously.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

whothrewthecake

tomEisenbraun

i have a strange love for A Flock of Seagulls...

"Space Age Love Song" is in my top 20 favorite songs of all time?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

marktwain

QuoteI drop everything I'm doing when the Hoveround commercial comes on tv. seriously.

That's awesome.  I'm that way with the Alum-Alloy infomercial..  It's so soothing.  Listening to that lady's extremely calming voice while watching close-ups of people welding shit.  Man.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Allum-Alloy rules.

What about the Magic Bullet? I find myself watching that at 2am.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

corey

Quotei have a strange love for A Flock of Seagulls...
My 80s coverband just learned "I Ran". Totally fun song to play. I'm borrowing a sweet-ass delay pedal from a friend until I can sell my multi-effects pedal and buy my own delay. There's a deal on a used one here in town that I have my eye on.

peanut butter puddin surprise

my dearly deceased pappy loved him some flock of seagulls....called them "his favorite band of all time".  which, coincidentally, was quite strange as he was 64, worked in a steel mill his whole life, wore nothing but combat boots, and generally lived the army-vet-hunter-militiamen-redneck lifestyle.  still can't figure that out.  not many hillbillies in PA like Flock of Seagulls.  even sported a pin of theirs on his oh-so faded and nontrendy trucker hat at all times.

(scratches head)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dragonboy

my dearly deceased pappy loved him some flock of seagulls....called them "his favorite band of all time".  which, coincidentally, was quite strange as he was 64, worked in a steel mill his whole life, wore nothing but combat boots, and generally lived the army-vet-hunter-militiamen-redneck lifestyle.  still can't figure that out.  not many hillbillies in PA like Flock of Seagulls.  even sported a pin of theirs on his oh-so faded and nontrendy trucker hat at all times.

(scratches head)
Nice post John  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Clarkwork

I've always loved that song.  Thought I might be the only one.  

Another one would be Godley and Creme's "Cry".  Great 80's music
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wellfleet

i love me some avocados... one of the many cool things (seriously!) about the south is delicious, ripe, fresh avocados.
i love me some guacamole and for an eastern-european jewish chick, i make a mean mole if i do say so myself. recipe? PM me...

confession... i ***LOVE*** infomercials for random stuff. there's a lot of fascinating shit out there at 3am that normal people have never heard of... i love infomercials for time life cd collections, especially this soul one they have now, i'm thinking about getting it... i love the food dehydrator, the rotisserie thingie, the magic bullet is way cool...

all of a sudden feeling like a total loser...  ;D
everything sucks. really.

tomEisenbraun

I've always loved that song.  Thought I might be the only one.  

i've actually been working on recording an iron and wine style acoustic version of this song. i need to just finish up the one guitar part and mix down and be done with it, and then i'll throw it on myspace.

it's ridiculously mellow though, and i had to quit recording it for a little while, because it put me in a funk. pretty slow, and kind of sad, too, strangely enough. that and i was kind of sleep-deprived. but i put it aside so that i could screw my head back on and never finished it up. maybe i'll do that this week.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

primushead

I watch Dawson's Creek reruns whenever I can. :o

EC

sometimes i eat ice cream for breakfast.
not today though.
but only because there isn't any. ;)

i like dawson's creek, too.  (or, at least, i used to) :-[

Chills

I was on the edge of my seat for the last episode too. Pacey or Dawson. That question is more essential than "to be or not to be." Add the hideous music, endless sunsets at the pier, Dawsons incredible movie success and Jen's emotional death scene and you have a classic series  ;)

I enjoy the Bee Gees as well.

Mmm, pretty freaky  :D

ratsprayer

i often dream of trains.

ycartrob

you know, that's a great song.

I bought that album when it first came out and then I went to the Wendy's drive through, so, sometimes when I am at Wendy's drive through, I think of that song.

I also had another epiphany at the Wendy's drive through....(uh oh, this has to be a new thread)

Dorothy_Mantooth

I own Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order on vinyl with about 10 variations.

dragonboy

I don't hate Phil Collins as much as I should  :-[
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SMc55

QuoteI don't hate Phil Collins as much as I should  :-[

LOL!!!!
You should be ashamed of yourself  ;)