where to buy vinyl on line?

Started by chris, Aug 03, 2007, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

I know there are a lot of vinyl users on here, and I was wondering what on line retailers people thought were best.  I've got a lot of classiscs from the 60's and 70's that i inherited from my parents, but there are a lot of contemporary artists that I own on CD, but would like to additionaly own in vinyl form (a few of my favorites/"contemporary classics"). Most of them are indie artists, so I thought that might complicate my search. At the moment I'm specifically looking for these albums: Flaming Lips (albums prior to soft bulletin), Guided by Voices (bee thousand and alien lanes), MMJ (At Dawn and ISM), Palace Brothers (days in the wake), Pavement (slanted and enchanted), Sonic Youth (daydream nation), Yo la Tengo (painful and electro pura). Thanks.
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

chris

Also, what's a good way to clean some of these old records I recently inherited.  A lot of them haven't been played in over 20 years and they are quite dusty.  Also what about proper storage, I presently have them lined up like books, spine facing out (I've always heard it was bad to stack them, unfortunately that's how they have been stored for a long time prior to me getting them).  And finally where can I order some plastic dust covers for them, I assume these are a necessity for good storage.  Again, thank you in advance to anyone helping me with these questions.

chris

All right, I know there's a bunch of vinyl aficionados on here  ;D.  So somebody's gotta help me out with some info on where to buy, how to clean, and store.  Should I post this question on a different msg board (e.g., other music), b/c I know I read this section the least often, and thought others might be the same way? Thanks.

aMD

http://www.ehow.com/how_1625_clean-vinyl-record.html

as for buying online. i'm pretty much limited to ear xtacy and ebay.  I've always found the best place for vinyl is yard sale, flea markets, and speciality stores.