whats wrong with the dirty south?

Started by thebugman, Sep 11, 2008, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebugman

this topic is for the the kids who get looked over every tour. why no ms? al? just a damn shame...home of the blues and we are looked over...or are we just not on the maps of the us anymore?
four on the floor and four in the air....

SplatSplatSplat

we don't count because we're a bunch of racist rednecks who drink a lot of budweiser, screw our sisters and preach hate.  And we only like country music, not none of that hippie, trippie guitar blastin' thinga majig.  I don't even know how to spell or drive, much less how to form coherent sentences.  I doubt you do either.
why bother with us? we don't count. or can't.
Heaven forbid ANY band come around here.    
You need it.  That's for sure.

coupon

They don't pull through Idaho either, but by the end of this month I'll have seen'em twice in the span of 40 days. I guess the dirty south is just lazy?

easy way

OUCH! Some of us make the effort, bro...I'm sure you're kidding anyway. But seriously, besides Birmingham...AL and MS are tough markets to break into.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

megalicious

QuoteOUCH! Some of us make the effort, bro...I'm sure you're kidding anyway. But seriously, besides Birmingham...AL and MS are tough markets to break into.

i wish they would play sloss furnace again. i still kick myself in the ass for missing that show.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

megalicious

Quotewe don't count because we're a bunch of racist rednecks who drink a lot of budweiser, screw our sisters and preach hate.  And we only like country music, not none of that hippie, trippie guitar blastin' thinga majig.  I don't even know how to spell or drive, much less how to form coherent sentences.  I doubt you do either.
why bother with us? we don't count. or can't.
Heaven forbid ANY band come around here.    

i doubt the boys see all southerners that way. they don't strike me as being the judgmental type.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Grateful Chabo

personally a memphis appearance would be great....might only be able to pay in cotton but this mississippi boy loves his face melted
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

purvis9876

Quotepersonally a memphis appearance would be great....might only be able to pay in cotton but this mississippi boy loves his face melted

I agree. Memphis or even the Coliseum in Jackson. Where are you from; Greenville myself.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

mjkoehler

Hey don't feel bad. They aren't coming to St Louis....yet. I don't consider this part of the dirty south.

thebugman

not lazy dude...ive traveled to see mmj...to knoxville, nashville...bham...atl...dallas...dont call us lazy mofo...and i mean that in the nicest of ways dude so dont get pissed...but i understand we are hard to tap into but hey...thats why there are so many great small places for them to still play here...in oxford, starkville, jackson wherever dudes...i missed on the lville show cuz i moved and didnt have the $$$ to go but already had the tickets...they make a great beer coaster they do....hell come on to YAZOO CITY...you heads take it easy tonight
four on the floor and four in the air....

ycartrob

this thread really never got going...  :-/

Sassbox

I'm no Magellan, but I'm pretty sure KY is the south.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

easy way

Yeah Tracy...there was some potential in the title, eh? The thread's still young.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

ycartrob

QuoteYeah Tracy...there was some potential in the title, eh? The thread's still young.

ya know it be all flowin in aight yeah bitches

ycartrob

Quotepersonally a memphis appearance would be great....might only be able to pay in cotton but this mississippi boy loves his face melted

it is odd that they have never played Memphis. I have seen Wilco and Neko Case there recently, so they get good shows.

Love Dogg

I think it's got everything to do with market research before the tour.  There didn't seem to be a whole lot of demand from the south.  Obviously, they hit Louisville, Nashville, Altanta, Florida and South Carolina.  But I think Jim finds the South very endearing and from the looks of one of his t-shirts, apparently somebody in Birmingham loves him.  

Next time, my friend...next time.  Keep representing.  Keep wearing the t-shirt and slipping in some tunes at parties and get people on board.  Don't let your friends burn cds, make them buy them and when sales and demand start to show up on the market, the South is gonna rise again!  Guaranteed shows!  PEACE!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ratchetisfake

QuoteI'm no Magellan, but I'm pretty sure KY is the south.
Kentucky is a happy medium of both north and south. I dont consider it either one.
who fanned the fire that burned down the lake?

ycartrob

QuoteI'm no Magellan, but I'm pretty sure KY is the south.
Kentucky is a happy medium of both north and south. I dont consider it either one.

Angry Ewok

MMJ has put on 15 shows in the South this year. That's after 5 shows last year, 10 shows in 2006, and 14 shows in 2005. And most, if not all, of those shows were sold out venues.

Complaints aren't warranted.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

corey

Threads like this are always funny to me. You know why they're not hitting certain areas? It's because people in those areas don't get out to shows. Plain and simple.
I'm not saying that there's not ANY people in those areas that go to shows, but you know damn well what I'm saying. Those markets can be pretty fickle. I can't bitch about bands not playing in certain areas of Alabama, because I know that the crowds can be pretty thin.

And it's not like the guys are plotting the tours themselves, ya know? They just go where the booking agent tells them to go. So don't take any shots at them.  ;)