Best thing that's ever happened

Started by bowl_of_soup, Feb 21, 2008, 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

B.O.S, that's a very sweet story; thanks for sharing. I actually showed my wife this thread over the weekend, and she loved it. You're alright in her book...TEO, Jon. T and Kimbos Bread made a good showing too...the rest of the characters on here she still regards as HIGHLY suspect (that includes me)  ;)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bowl of soup

QuoteB.O.S, that's a very sweet story; thanks for sharing. I actually showed my wife this thread over the weekend, and she loved it. You're alright in her book...TEO, Jon. T and Kimbos Bread made a good showing too...the rest of the characters on here she still regards as HIGHLY suspect (that includes me)  ;)

You obviously didn't show her the thread where I talked about nearly killing 12 of my closest friends in a drug-fueled rage, or the one where I called everyone in the South (including MMJ) a racist, or my discussion with Tracy about donkeys....

On another note, sharing this thread with your wife may indicate a deep desire on your part to breed in the near future.  If so, good luck.  Any questions in that regard can be handled by my wife who has this magical Chinese system of making sure people get pregnant quickly
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

pawpaw

QuoteB.O.S, that's a very sweet story; thanks for sharing. I actually showed my wife this thread over the weekend, and she loved it. You're alright in her book...TEO, Jon. T and Kimbos Bread made a good showing too...the rest of the characters on here she still regards as HIGHLY suspect (that includes me)  ;)

You obviously didn't show her the thread where I talked about nearly killing 12 of my closest friends in a drug-fueled rage, or the one where I called everyone in the South (including MMJ) a racist, or my discussion with Tracy about donkeys....

On another note, sharing this thread with your wife may indicate a deep desire on your part to breed in the near future.  If so, good luck.  Any questions in that regard can be handled by my wife who has this magical Chinese system of making sure people get pregnant quickly

Yeah, we both missed those posts. I take all that all that shit I said back, ass hole.  ;)

Seriously though, the fact that you felt proud enough to post that on this site really says a lot about your character. I think that's great.

Huh huh...you said, "breed". And, well, my wife has a doctor's appointment this Thursday to, ahem, confirm what the ept test told us over the weekend, so we probably won't be needing that Chinese pregnancy magic. Nothing is certain yet, but I think that I'm going to be a father coming up pretty quick here. It's a wonderful feeling.

Jon T.

Yeah, we both missed those posts. I take all that all that shit I said back, ass hole.  ;)

Seriously though, the fact that you felt proud enough to post that on this site really says a lot about your character. I think that's great.

Huh huh...you said, "breed". And, well, my wife has a doctor's appointment this Thursday to, ahem, confirm what the ept test told us over the weekend, so we probably won't be needing that Chinese pregnancy magic. Nothing is certain yet, but I think that I'm going to be a father coming up pretty quick here. It's a wonderful feeling.

Congrats man.  That is awesome.  I think I remember readint that you were going to RCMH.  The only reason I say that is the first time my wife felt our son move was at the Tabernacle show.  My first and only Jacket show so far.  Anyway that doesn't mean much to her but it is something I'll never forget.  I hope you have some memorable experiences as well.

Let the fetus rock, indeed!

pawpaw

Thanks Mr. T! We were talking a little about our trip out to NYC for the show, and things are kind of up in the air at this point. I might be heading to the show on my own, she may still be coming...as first time parents, we need to talk to our doctor and figure out what we can get away with, ease our minds. The noise isn't a concern, just second hand smoke at the show...we're just kind of unsure and super cautious right now. I'll pass on your story though...she'll like that.

But yes, I'd love for our fetus to be able to have the RCMH show as it's first! Rock fetus, ROCK!!!

TEO

QuoteThanks Mr. T! We were talking a little about our trip out to NYC for the show, and things are kind of up in the air at this point. I might be heading to the show on my own, she may still be coming...as first time parents, we need to talk to our doctor and figure out what we can get away with, ease our minds. The noise isn't a concern, just second hand smoke at the show...we're just kind of unsure and super cautious right now. I'll pass on your story though...she'll like that.

But yes, I'd love for our fetus to be able to have the RCMH show as it's first! Rock fetus, ROCK!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! There is nothing like being a father.   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bowl of soup

QuoteThanks Mr. T! We were talking a little about our trip out to NYC for the show, and things are kind of up in the air at this point. I might be heading to the show on my own, she may still be coming...as first time parents, we need to talk to our doctor and figure out what we can get away with, ease our minds. The noise isn't a concern, just second hand smoke at the show...we're just kind of unsure and super cautious right now. I'll pass on your story though...she'll like that.

Congrats!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  My wife and I went to see the Pixies when she was about 6 months pregnant with my 2nd and there were no issues and our doctor had no concerns.  I doubt you can smoke in RCMH and if you smell something funny walk away.  That's good life advice if you think of it.  Flying does become an issue later in the pregnancy, so check with your doctor about that.  I'm fairly certain that my wife flew during both pregnancies up until about 7 months.

When you get pregnant everyone turns into an expert.  We were overly paranoid with our first and super relaxed with our second and I think that their personalities reflect that.  I had never even held a baby before we had our first, but I figured it out quickly and that's the deal - you've got to figure it out and you will.  People get really obsessed with measuring their child's development against some arbitrary norm and it's stupid and it will drive you crazy.

Rant over.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jon T.

When you get pregnant everyone turns into an expert.  
Rant over.

Truer words have never been spoken.  I made a promise to myself to never give unsolicited pregnancy advice to anyone, now matter how trivial.  That shit got so old.  The bad thing is that it gets even worse when the baby is born.  
Uh, that's not considered advice is it?

pawpaw

Thanks guys...yeah, I realize that most of our concerns and fears are probably unnecessary at this point, but it's a really new and major thing at this point...pretty much the most important thing we'll ever do, so we don't want to screw it up. I'm pretty sure most people feel that way. BUT, I'm pretty sure when I was a fetus that I was around smoke and loud music, and I'm not completely screwed up...I did most of the damage myself as a younger man!

And yes, we've already been getting advice, actually been getting advice from pregnant friends and family for years now, so don't worry about it. I've always kind of tuned that kind of talk out anyway...whoops. I'll come here for any advice I need, you guys can be my pregnancy support group. (and my child will end up an illiterate felon, but a HUGE MMJ fan)

BH

Awesome bbill!!!! How exciting.  I know it's early, but congrats.  Please allow me to buy you a beer at RCMH, and your wife a nice lemonade/ice tea.  Or maybe a small glass of wine, it wouldn't hurt.  My mom drank wine when she was pregnant with me and I turned out.....well, on second thought, let's just go with the lemonade.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

QuoteAwesome bbill!!!! How exciting.  I know it's early, but congrats.  Please allow me to buy you a beer at RCMH, and your wife a nice lemonade/ice tea.  Or maybe a small glass of wine, it wouldn't hurt.  My mom drank wine when she was pregnant with me and I turned out.....well, on second thought, let's just go with the lemonade.

Might explain your love for Merlot?  ;D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

QuoteAwesome bbill!!!! How exciting.  I know it's early, but congrats.  Please allow me to buy you a beer at RCMH, and your wife a nice lemonade/ice tea.  Or maybe a small glass of wine, it wouldn't hurt.  My mom drank wine when she was pregnant with me and I turned out.....well, on second thought, let's just go with the lemonade.

Might explain your love for Merlot?  ;D

;D Yes, could be, now I just need to explain my love for wiskey, scotch and beer!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.