Gasoline Prices

Started by primushead, Jun 06, 2008, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

They really, really blow.  I just traded my pathfinder in for a honda accord (thank goodness) recently and it still sucks to put $60 in to fill the tank up.

And today oil prices rose $35?  What the fuck?!?  

I hate all of you oil companies/speculators.  You can all go fuck yourself.  Especially after gas prices hit $7,000 a gallon this week.  

Boooooo.   >:( >:( >:(

TheBigChicken

3.89 a gallon...1998 Nissan Frontier....207,000 miles :-[ :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

primushead

I feel your pain.  ::pats your back::

.Walt

$3.79 in mankato mn. although i haven't been outside today, so it could be more. i have a malibu (chick car, i know) that usually runs me around 35-40 to fill.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ghosts_on_TV

Driving 24 hours there and back to Bonnaroo next week makes me cringe.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Taterbug

$ 4.19 Northern, ILL.  thank god I did not renew my lease on my chevy avalanche, $ 80.00 fill ups if I still had that hog.  I drive a camry now and it still costs a little more than $ 50.00.

It cost me $ 15.00 to fill up my Harley. WTF

I feel sorry for people that just bought SUV's in the last 1-2 years.  with the payment and gas, I bet it costs $ 1000.00 a month.  And if you try to sell it......  good luck gettin half of what you paid for it on a trade-in.    

BASTARDS
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

brkndwnbus

I have a 2006 Kia...does really good on gas...however, prices here in PA are 3.89-4.05...and I am a writer for a local paper...so I am on the road a lot and only get 28 cents per mile...now, when I first started, it was pretty good (3.00 a gallon)...but it's based on prices of 1.75-1.89...it has not increased since 2001. The government suggests 52.5 cents a mile. I used to break even, now I lose money.

capt. scotty

Quote$3.79 in mankato mn. although i haven't been outside today, so it could be more. i have a malibu (chick car, i know) that usually runs me around 35-40 to fill.

must be a small ass tank if it only costs you 40$ these days

mine is running me 60$ too @ 3.85/g right now (quad cities, IA)...luckily I dont drive much more than 50 miles or so a week
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

joey_rogo

At $4.12/gal i just spent $56 to fill my tank that was still one quarter full before filling. :-/

red

$1.359/Litre here  :-/

Dreading filling up my 1981 Pontiac Acadian tonight.  I love my car, it's not so great gas mileage aside.  

CC

$9/gallon in amsterdam  :-/

ItStillJaimoe

Honestly though, this day of high fuel prices had to come. Oil will run out within 25 years or less. And prices of oil and gas in many places in Europe have always been twice as high as in the US. Here in Canada, our fuel prices are higher than in the US too, but most of the difference comes in taxes (that get funded into social programs... at least that's what the government telsl us). I'd love a world no longer car-dependent, where all people can take transit and live in high density urban areas that are vibrant and healthy. Oh well, one can only dream... but it's coming.

Coltrane

$4.25-$4.40 in San Diego county.....

Rid-goddamn-diculous!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote$9/gallon in amsterdam  :-/

And we're bitching. Sheesh. THat said though, it seems, to me at least, that mass transit in Europe is leaps and bounds more sufficient than here in America. At least in the shithole town that I live in. I have to drive everywhere.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ItStillJaimoe

Quote$9/gallon in amsterdam  :-/

And we're bitching. Sheesh. THat said though, it seems, to me at least, that mass transit in Europe is leaps and bounds more sufficient than here in America. At least in the shithole town that I live in. I have to drive everywhere.

From the country that invented the car and had under-developed land back in the early 1900s-1950s, it's really a nobrainer why suburbia flourished and urban city life declined in the US. Europe simply doesn't have the land for car-depedency and their city cores are still vibrant and vital, and yes, their transit is fantastic (not in every country mind you, but certainly in Spain, France, Britain, Germany etc...). And cities like Paris and London aren't carved-up by highways; train stations are located in the centre of town. Urban sprawl led by the car would absolutely demolish the infrastructure of many European countries. I'm not anti-car, but man oh man, they are destructive.

red

I can't wait until the day when I live somewhere where I don't need my car to get around.  Should be relatively soon.  

ItStillJaimoe

I ran an errand today for my wife to pick up a keyboard she bought online. I live in downtown Toronto (in Greektown in the east end) and the keyboard was in Mississauga, a massive suburb that calls itself a city attached to the western part of Toronto. Normally, the drive without traffic would take 40 minutes door-to-door. Today it took me 1hr 20 to get there and 1rh 30 to get back. Taking transit was not an option. I was in fucking hell and it's blazing hot out today to add to the misery. I'll never live in suburbia and never want to depend on a car to get around. I can't believe a hundred thousand commuters drive every day in this maddness.  

capt. scotty

Itll be interesting to see how this affects travel, vacationing, RVing and such this summer. Ive already heard its expected to be down bigtime. My sisters been trying to get a summer job and apparently a bunch of places (like name brand clothing stores, dept. stores, etc)said they cant higher her bc theyre cutting hours bc no one is buying stuff.

If it keeps going up thatll only get worse. I dont see how it can continue to be increasing in a month, but it certainly looks like. If the economy is effected this much like I said though, maybe the gov't steps in and does something?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ItStillJaimoe

Gasoline prices have already caused major ripples in the auto industry. GM is closing its Oshawa Ontario (a city 45 minutes east of Toronto) plant that makes SUVs and trucks, citing falling truck sales due in part to rising fuel prices. 2600 are out of work, but are still fighting to keep the plant open. Good luck to them.

mjkoehler

St Louis- $3.85-$4.05 USD.

Drive a Ford Focus with 135,000 miles. Fucking Ford made a car that can get to 100,000 miles?! Who knew! I really do wish we were like Europe in that we had great public transit or we all could live near where we work. I hate driving 30 miles each way each day. The only good part is it gives me quite time to enjoy some tunage, but so would sitting on a bus with headphones. When does that hydrogen fuelcell car final hit the streets?  :-?