what artist on repeat would be your personal hell?

Started by RockNRollJunkie, Jul 21, 2008, 12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRollJunkie

Come on, we all have a certain artist that would just do it for us. Put us in the mental institution, make us go on a serial killing spree, or rip out the radio from the wall if they were on 24/7. They don't have to be conventional artists of poop. In fact mines not.

Mine is Van Halen. Sorry if you like him, but ever since I went on a 3 day car trip and XM's classic rock station played him over 4 times an hour, I have been burnt out ever since. The 30th time I heard "JUMP!" I broke the car radio and told the band just where they can jump. Yeah. I was a tad bit stir crazy. :-/
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

RockNRollJunkie

Quotesmashmouth?  :-/
I agree. The song "All Star" or what ever was on the shrek pinball machine at my old job. Man. I hated when people would play that game.
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

Penny Lane

bloodhound gang----hooray for boobies--i burned myself completely out on this---i hope i never hear the inevitable return of the great white dope...ever again
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

sweatboard

I'm not sure why, but this thread has inspired me to change my bands name to "Your Mom"
There's Still Time.........

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

ycartrob

in college I worked at a Tex Mex place for 2 years and listened to the Gypsy Kings every day, all day.    >:( >:(

DavidCrosby

....Steely Dan or Todd Rundgren....my boss always plays this stupid compilation he made himself (two seperate ones for each of them) and it is the worst 80 minutes of my life when he puts it on.....
listen to vinyl

red

Quote....Steely Dan or Todd Rundgren....my boss always plays this stupid compilation he made himself (two seperate ones for each of them) and it is the worst 80 minutes of my life when he puts it on.....
No love for the Runt?!  Something/Anything? is a great album, but I'll be honest, it's the only Todd Rundgren album I own.  

TheBigChicken

Really I mean how stupid IS Steely Dan...Walter Becker and Donald Fagan...really a couple of no talent idiots...oh and ALL of their music is SO STUPID to boot. I really couldn't have said it better Dave.
Pretzel Logic....sucks
The Royal Scam.....shit
Countdown To Ecstasy...sucks
Aja....sucks
Katy Lied.....sucks
Can't Buy A Thrill....just plain boring
Another brilliant comment for another brilliant thread
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

QuoteReally I mean how stupid IS Steely Dan...Walter Becker and Donald Fagan...really a couple of no talent idiots...oh and ALL of their music is SO STUPID to boot. I really couldn't have said it better Dave.
Pretzel Logic....sucks
The Royal Scam.....shit
Aja....sucks
Katy Lied.....sucks

I own every Steely Dan release; Fagan and Becker are fabulous musicans and lyricists, IMO. Their music is probably closer to jazz than rock, which throws a lot of people off. To call them "no talent idiots" is juvenile.

In fact, I'll be down at The Sunglass Hut (across from Perfumeania) at the mall at 3 today if you want to settle this like men...

Or are you Reelin' in the Years?

Jaimoe

"Artist" means merit where I'm sitting, so I won't include Fergie, Jessica and/or Ashley Simpson, Avril Lavigne or Good Charlotte.

How about then, Gwen Stefani, Depeche Mode and/or New Order and/or The Cure and/or Phil Collins-led Genesis. I hate all of them with an unholy passion.

I'm actually going to crank some Women and Children First just because old Halen rocks and helped save rock back in the late 70's and early 80's.

Penny Lane

QuoteReally I mean how stupid IS Steely Dan...Walter Becker and Donald Fagan...really a couple of no talent idiots...oh and ALL of their music is SO STUPID to boot. I really couldn't have said it better Dave.
Pretzel Logic....sucks
The Royal Scam.....shit
Aja....sucks
Katy Lied.....sucks

wait, i am missing the sarcasm? i have all those albums---they're music is so sleek and smooth---you HAVE to be kidding here. (i think you're joking) but if you're not....WTF!!!! Aja is one of the best albums of all time lol!!!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jaimoe

I know a few folks that really hate Steely Dan. I totally understand their hatred, but I do not agree with them either.

mjkoehler

Man I feel like I've been mortally wounded. I love Steely Dan, The Cure, and Depech Mode.

I don't know what a Holla Back Girl is but I hate her.

Killgies

1a.The Eagles

Used to have a job where they pretty much played the Eagles all day on the PA. Hotel California all damn day long.

1b. Lynard Skynard
Always that certain as$ who wants to hear freebird.

2. Smashmouth

3. Avril Lavigne

4 Jessica and Ashley Simpson

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TheBigChicken

Pretzel Logic....sucks
The Royal Scam.....shit
Aja....sucks
Katy Lied.....sucks

wait, i am missing the sarcasm? i have all those albums---they're music is so sleek and smooth---you HAVE to be kidding here. (i think you're joking) but if you're not....WTF!!!! Aja is one of the best albums of all time lol!!!!
This is the one band I've seen several times. Damn Tracy I thought you would catch the sarcasm. Got all their albums as well. Had to respond to D.Crosbys comment up the thread a ways ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

ycartrob