what artist on repeat would be your personal hell?

Started by RockNRollJunkie, Jul 21, 2008, 12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRollJunkie

QuoteReally I mean how stupid IS Steely Dan...Walter Becker and Donald Fagan...really a couple of no talent idiots...oh and ALL of their music is SO STUPID to boot. I really couldn't have said it better Dave.
Pretzel Logic....sucks
The Royal Scam.....shit
Countdown To Ecstasy...sucks
Aja....sucks
Katy Lied.....sucks
Can't Buy A Thrill....just plain boring
Another brilliant comment for another brilliant thread

wait, i am missing the sarcasm? i have all those albums---they're music is so sleek and smooth---you HAVE to be kidding here. (i think you're joking) but if you're not....WTF!!!! Aja is one of the best albums of all time lol!!!!

I have Aja on vinyl but...I have never listened to it. It was one of my moms when she was a kid. I think I should give it a whirl.
See mom, I have friends. I'm on a "forum".

bowl of soup

QuoteMan I feel like I've been mortally wounded. I love Steely Dan, The Cure, and Depech Mode.

I don't know what a Holla Back Girl is but I hate her.

I feel your pain.  While I'm neutral on Steely Dan, the Cure was super important to me when I was in high school, hated everybody, and saw real possibility in a life of black clothing and mind altering drugs.  Standing in a forest....all alone.

I always thought Music for the Masses was a great album and I still do.  My friends would refer to me in enlightened terms that are generally reserved for people with alternative sexuality and beat me up.  I'm sure they would then go home and pretend that they were cowboys surrounded by super models in a dusty town with cool electronic music playing in the background.

Oh yea, I hate Aerosmith - go ahead kill me.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jaimoe

I forgot to add Morrissey to the list. His moaning warble has driven me crazy for decades. R.E.M. should be on my list too along with Roxy Music (minus their album covers).

I respect these artists' creativity and musical genius. It's their SOUND that I don't like. Oh yeah, I hated the Morrissey fans back in his heyday.

bowl of soup

Morrissey hates you too...and me...and your sister...and Americans...and Canadians...and Europeans...and Earthlings...and Vulcans.  

Jaimoe

QuoteMorrissey hates you too...and me...and your sister...and Americans...and Canadians...and Europeans...and Earthlings...and Vulcans.  

And yet he loves Iggy Pop and The Stooges. I can't figure that one out to save my life.

Jenny

whattabout MY MORNING JACKET???
fuck that shit, amiright?!

i'm so funny.

mjkoehler

QuoteMan I feel like I've been mortally wounded. I love Steely Dan, The Cure, and Depech Mode.

I feel your pain.  While I'm neutral on Steely Dan, the Cure was super important to me when I was in high school, hated everybody, and saw real possibility in a life of black clothing and mind altering drugs.  Standing in a forest....all alone.

I always thought Music for the Masses was a great album and I still do.  My friends would refer to me in enlightened terms that are generally reserved for people with alternative sexuality and beat me up.  I'm sure they would then go home and pretend that they were cowboys surrounded by super models in a dusty town with cool electronic music playing in the background.

I just like Depeche Mode and Cure because it's good stuff. What there hell was wrong with kids in our day. What a bunch of ingnaint fucks.

Check time spot 2:40

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6vqt782H8[/media]

Penny Lane

QuoteMorrissey hates you too...and me...and your sister...and Americans...and Canadians...and Europeans...and Earthlings...and Vulcans.  

morrissey hates men...and women...too---don't forget (a sexual)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

ohhh i think i hate aerosmith, too---

MJ--love that post---you are my new hero...(hollaback girl LOL)

TheBigChicken

1b. Lynard Skynard

FYI

Al Kooper produced the album...total GEM ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bowl of soup

morrissey hates men...and women...too---don't forget (a sexual)

But, strangely, Morrissey loves Mexicans:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/p3K8txP8HVU&hl=en&fs=1[/media]

See also Chuck Kolsterman IV

mjkoehler

ohhh i think i hate aerosmith, too---

MJ--love that post---you are my new hero...(hollaback girl LOL)
I bow before for you my dear.

Penny Lane

how can anyone hate lynard skynard!! communists!!!

Crispy

OK people, even knowing that my Spelling Nazism will be called out, here it is for your copy-and-paste pleasure - spelled as you see it on the record Tracy provided:
[size=20]Lynyrd Skynyrd[/size]
;)
And I agree with penny, thou shalt not hate Lynyrd Skynyrd, even though you will constantly hear the words "Freebird", and "play some Skynyrd" any time you're within choking distance of some tweaked-out redneck.

Aerosmith would greet me at the gates of Hell with a rendition of "Dude Looks Like A Lady", and Toby Keith would then take over as my personal assistant demon.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

is "y"  a vowel or consonant anyway? damn you crispy

Crispy

is "y"  a vowel or consonant anyway? damn you crispy

Sorry.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

tenn

Smashmouth, Nickleback, Aerosmith all fine choices.

I'm gonna go with Bon Jovi with Reba Mcentire and Stevie Nicks on backing vocals and talk box. They would do covers of Sammy Hagar songs for every encore.

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Tree

SomethingCreative

"Ok, we'll stay for Pearl Jam if  you promise to  watch My Morning Jacket." - 2 girls at lolla 07