NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

MJ........ugh this isn't looking good brother :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

EAZYE

Texas  Tech just shook up the Big 12 South ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

I can't wait to see the Top 5, tomorrow. I think Alabama is an obvious #1, but since #2 Penn St was idle, they could be jumped by one or even two teams.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

corey

I was pulling for Tech early in the game but found myself rooting for Texas late in the game. I'm still not sure that Bama is ready to handle the pressure of being #1. I guess we'll find out, though.

TheBigChicken

ALA vs FLA in the SEC championship is going to be a BARN BURNER
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Damn. I knew it was going to be a bloodbath, but fuck 62-28? ugh.

Brad, are you sure Alabama even wants to be number 1 right now? It seems to be the kiss of death this season.

corey

QuoteIt seems to be the kiss of death this season.

See my post above. I'm not sure I want that right now.

And yeah, the AL/FLA game should be awesome assuming that it will happen. We still have to get past LSU next week. I'm already sweating bullets about that one.

Penny Lane

so you really think PSU will be jumped? we've been talking about that trying to figure it out ;-(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

corey

How 'bout them Rebels, Tracy? That was fun to watch.

ycartrob

yeah, it was a great win especially against tubberville, who is hated in Oxford. We might even go bowling unless we flop.

I see Florida and Penn State in the BCS title game, even though I see the Big 12 as having the best conference this year. I believe Texas Tech loses and Florida jumps to number 2 ahead of a couple of 1 loss Big 12 teams and USC. And everyone will cry and gnash their teeth... Hopefully the LSU/Bama game will live up to it's billing b/c every other "big" SEC game this year has been a blow out (Bama/UGA- FLA/LSU- LSU/UGA- FLA-UGA). I don't see the SEC as powerful this year against the likes of Oklahoma and Texas Tech and Texas, I think they got us beat; they just look bigger and quicker. I mean, Georgia and LSU were obviously overrated out of the chute, I can't think of one really good team that either of them has beaten this year and we saw what Florida did to both of them.

But, I am pulling for upsets and conrtoversy so we can eventually get a playoff.

Angry Ewok

QuoteAnd yeah, the AL/FLA game should be awesome assuming that it will happen. We still have to get past LSU next week. I'm already sweating bullets about that one.

It's pretty much Alabama @ Florida, unless something ridiculous happens. BAMA is +2 in the West - beating LSU seals the deal, or beating MSU and Auburn seals the deal. Naturally, I'd like to see all three go down.

The DARK

QuoteAnd yeah, the AL/FLA game should be awesome assuming that it will happen. We still have to get past LSU next week. I'm already sweating bullets about that one.

It's pretty much Alabama @ Florida, unless something ridiculous happens. BAMA is +2 in the West - beating LSU seals the deal, or beating MSU and Auburn seals the deal. Naturally, I'd like to see all three go down.

Florida's not home free yet, though.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

QuoteBrad, are you sure Alabama even wants to be number 1 right now? It seems to be the kiss of death this season.

We're the worst undefeated team in the country. I've been saying that all year, it seems... Hopefully, Saban keeps everybody focused, and we can continue to roll through our schedule quietly. At this point, LSU, MSU, and Auburn are done for - so nothing will make them happier than to ruin our title shot.

Angry Ewok

Florida's not home free yet, though.

Yes, Florida can easily back themselves out of the division. In fact, I hope they do...

brkndwnbus

the coaches poll has PSU #2.

the only way PSU really gets jumped is if TT remains undefeated, then it'll be 'bama and TT in the MNC.

Penny Lane

AP

1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600 2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528 3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525 4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398 5. Texas 8-1 1,353

Angry Ewok

Quotethe coaches poll has PSU #2.

the only way PSU really gets jumped is if TT remains undefeated, then it'll be 'bama and TT in the MNC.

PSU was barely spared a jump in the Coach's Poll. It's practically tied with Texas Tech. And in the AP Poll...

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. Oklahoma
7. USC
8. Oklahoma State
9. Boise State
10. Utah

So... Never say never. BCS may have Penn at three or even four.

ycartrob

QuoteAP

1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600 2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528 3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525 4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398 5. Texas 8-1 1,353

I think Bama and TT both lose, and then the BS that is the BCS will begin.

Enough of the scam that is the BCS. Enough. Once we do have a playoff, we will look back and ask ourselves why we let the scam go on for so long. I'll give the 8 team format a whirl; can you imagine the excitement (and integrity) this would offer? (if the season ended today; of course some of the Big 12 would filter out and hopefully a Boise St. or Utah would feed in.)

1. Alabama vs 8. Oklahoma State
2. Texas Tech vs 7. USC
3. Penn State vs 6. Oklahoma  
4. Florida vs 5. Texas    

But no, the rich cats actually think a 1 game format is the best.

scam city.

Penny Lane

i agree, tracy---all about $$ (eventually no one will be able to afford to go to the bowl games, anyway) i like the playoff system

brkndwnbus

PSU could be 3 in the BCS. I'd be shocked if they were 4. Either way, there is too much season left. Penn State just needs to stay focused and not repeat 1999. What happens after that is out of their control.

I don't see TT winning the next four. Something will happen and they'll slip up. It's far too common not to happen.