Hey Everyone

Started by dragonboy, Aug 27, 2009, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Hey Everyone, how's it going?

Haven't been around for a while, I'm unfortunately going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment - I left Japan 2mths ago, my wife & I are seperated & I'm currently living in Spain with my folks.

Some of you may know that I have lived in Japan for nearly 10yrs. I had my own English school out there but my wife wanted to give up the house we were living in so I've lost my school too (I was teaching from home)

Not sure what the future holds, feeling a little bit low at the moment so I thought I'd drop by & catch up with all of my old friends here.

I finally signed up with Face Book, haven't made a page or anything yet though...

So how are all of you? Hope you're all doing good.
Too many threads/posts to go through, any big news?

All the best, Andrew.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

Best of luck to you and I hope you get through this tough time. Good to hear from you regardless.

Facebook is a blessing and a curse, so use it wisely. After saying that, look me up: David Ball on the Toronto region. Justin True from the board is a friend of mine on Facebook, if that helps you find me?

I'll be in Europe for a month starting this Monday: France, Italy, Germany and a couple of days in Denmark. Maybe one day we'll cross paths.

Ruckus

Well, 1st off, best to you and your family in sorting out everything.
2nd, it's great to hear from you again and I am bummed out knowing you aren't in Japan anymore because I'll be moving out there in a couple of years.

Great to hear from ya :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

megalicious

Hey, DB! I'm so sorry to hear that things have been rough for you as of late. I'm sending my best wishes your way.

If you'd like to find me on facebook, I'm at: http://www.facebook.com/megalishus

Good to see you back around the boards.
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

BH

Hey DB, great to hear from you.  I was starting to worry about you.  Sorry to hear things didn't work out with your wife.  I hope it leads to eventual happiness for both of you.   Did you make your trip to the States awhile back?   Again, great to hear from you.  I missed your presence!  

Monsters of Folk is out soon.   Jim is calling himself Yim now and he released the George Harrison tribute if you haven't noticed already.  

All of the assholes have left the forum (Yea!) and we've learned to get along with the Captain. ;)

I got to see TEO, The Dark, Pennylane and Reenie for the second time at the Forecastle Fest and met Dylan, Kory, Love Dog and Goose for the first time as well.   It was awesome.

Where at in Spain are you?  You know, in case I'm in the neighborhood?  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Hey Dragonboy,

So sorry to hear about you and your wife. Hang in there! When one door closes, another one opens (don't you love it when people spout cliches at a time like this!!) but seriously, good luck with everything.

Were you in the states? MJK mentioned you might  be visiting? I assume you didn't w/all that was going on.

Definitely join facebook if you can! Most of us are on there.

Trying to think what's been huge in the brit pop scene, but i'm out of it. MJK and I enjoyed Jarvis's new album, Noel's supposedly working on his solo album....and the verve broke up again (yet again). lol

take care, welcome back.

Penny
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

Hey Andrew! Things WILL get better for you. Believe that, 'cause it's true.

The George Harrison Tribute is beautiful. If you listen to it, it'll make you happy.  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

Hey bud, glad you're back in Spain safely. I hope the trip to Vegas was good. Tommy didn't cancel on you did he? I know he did cancel some shows for illness not too long ago.

I was wondering if that was you on Facebook as I keep getting your name suggested. As Jaimoe said, it is a blessing and a curse. You know my issues but it is a great way to stay in touch with peeps. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1371835020&ref=profile

Sad I missed a chance to meet up when you were here. Next time. My house is always open and the fridge will be heavily stocked with Samuel Smith and Old Speckled Hen. My email and phone are also open brother if you need to talk.

Mike

mjkoehler

Oh and we had another Forum Love Connection while you were out.

Angry Ewok

Best wishes, Andrew!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

Hang in there Big Feller! There are a bunch of Peeps around here that Love You... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

Glad you're back DB!  :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

The DARK

Nice hearing from ya, DB! Best of luck with the marriage issues.

The forum's lightened up a lot recently from those dark days around the end of last year and beginning of this one. I'm hoping we see some more old friends around here soon.

Monsters of Folk is shaping up to be an amazing album, out in less than a month. The George Harrison tribute is quite refreshing if you were jonesing for some classic reverbed-out Yim.
In another time, in another place, in another face

walterfredo

corey

Glad you're back Andrew. Sorry you hit such a rough patch.   :(

vespachick

Hola DB!

Nice to see you.  What else... Tracy's gone, but alive and kickin', I know that much.  Hang in there brudda! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

aMillionDreams

You might get a kick out of this post of mine from the current complaints thread:

QuoteRemember.when.DB's.spacebar.broke.and.I.gave.him.shit.about.it?

well...yeah.

Mine.barely.works.and.it.is.very.frustrating.

And.no.i.won't.learn.

giving.people.shit.is.too.much.fun

;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AlwxanderD10

Hey welcome back DB!
<- look i is senior sr. now i is specials!
        P.S.- hope things get better for you, hang in there ;)

.Walt

DB, sooo glad to have you back. Wish it'd be under better circumstances. I know you're a positive person, so I know you'll work things out. Time to bump the Reggae Thread! And now we can drink even earlier or later, depends on how you look at. Glad you're back brother!  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

Hello DB! This is True, I also changed my name like Yim. You (or anyone else here who hasn't yet) can add me on facebook. You can be part of my mafia too if you want. Just look for me through Jaimoe or Meg or whoever.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out with the wife.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!