Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

QuoteIt's your league Corey, I'm cool with almost any rules as long as they are set before the draft.
;D
Agreed. In fact, I'd almost rather you not change it so I will have an excuse if I don't win.  ;D

capt. scotty

I dont really care if its 7 or 8, not a big difference. Since there's already 6 starting slots for RBs and WRs combined, I doubt anybody has more than a couple on the bench for each position, more than that and the guys probably arent worth rostering anyway.

...and damn you Ruckus, now I cant talk shit about your shitty team!  ;D ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

QuoteThat will give us 20 man rosters. With 12 teams there wont //be shit left on waivers. I'm good either way just something to think about. I think I'm good to go tonight!

All I need is a starting lineup so "it don't matter to the jesus "  ;D

We're only a ten team league this year so it won't be so bad. 8 sounds good, corey
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

Alright.  8 it is. I'm stickin' to it!  :)

capt. scotty

arghhh...the suspense is killing me. lets get this show on the road!! :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Killgies

Quotearghhh...the suspense is killing me. lets get this show on the road!! :D

agreed. Tired of all these mock drafts. Hopefully I won't collapse like I did last  year.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

aMillionDreams

.Walt

I almost forgot about the draft. I need number 1!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Killgies

the 4th or 5th pick is where I would like to land. I would be happy with the last pick too.

capt. scotty

This is what the rate my team program I just used told me:

Bottom line:

* With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
   * With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
   * With average inseason management, we think you have a 92 percent chance of making the playoffs.

---------------------------------------------------------------
8-)

VICTORY!!

corey

Nice.

I still can't believe I had the first pick in 2 different drafts. While I was really excited about it last night before the draft, that quickly changed when I had to wait forever for my 2nd pick. I would probably prefer to be in the middle somewhere.

So as I mentioned before, I took AP in both drafts. I'm kinda second-guessing myself on that one and wish that maybe I'd should have shaken things up a bit. I'll entertain any reasonable offers.  :)  
But then again, it'd have to be a damn good deal.

Ruckus

Well I hope it went well for everyone.  I was on the phone with my buddy who drafted for me a few times throughout and we had some hiccups, particularly when he timed out and it autodrafted Akers ;D

Oh well.  I also told him to take Willis and Ware on the turn because I thought that Ware was DL eligible.  THat sucked!

So, that said, Justin Tuck or Demarcus Ware are available for a trade.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

I just checked out the rosters and man, I think Crispy's team is stacked.

Brilliant drafting I say, Brilliant [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

My computer lays a turd a anytime any kind of messaging is involved. This was no exception. I got to actually draft one person (forte) and the rest were auto picked. That being said, my team isn't as bad as iexpected. I apologize if y'all had to wait on me to time out everytime.

corey

I checked out the most of the teams just now. Some interesting choices, to say the least. I saw a couple of teams that didn't have a 3-man D yet, but are loaded at the RB slot.

Since this was my first time with IDPs, I was sketchy on when I should start drafting and what I should get for the bench. I think I have it mostly how I want it, but I'll have to end up dropping a RB at some point to get a backup TE and K.

capt. scotty

QuoteI checked out the most of the teams just now. Some interesting choices, to say the least. I saw a couple of teams that didn't have a 3-man D yet, but are loaded at the RB slot.

Since this was my first time with IDPs, I was sketchy on when I should start drafting and what I should get for the bench. I think I have it mostly how I want it, but I'll have to end up dropping a RB at some point to get a backup TE and K.

I actually have 3 IDPs, since Mario Williams was the 1st one picked though it put him in D flex so Ruud was on my bench. I do think my RB's are stacked though. And the RBs and WRs on my bench are all upside.

I thought I was stacked with the 8RBs I have, but Walt has 9 and is missing 2 IDP's  ;D

Killgies

I'm looking for a solid running back. I'm stacked at WR.

aMillionDreams

I wasn't prepared for the RBs to go as quickly as they did, but I feel like I'm stacked at WR and have a few RBs with the potential to have breakout years.  I did okay but could have a great year depending on how everything plays out.

.Walt

I thought I was stacked with the 8RBs I have, but Walt has 9 and is missing 2 IDP's  ;D

Yeah, I didn't have a clue on IDP's, and the draft window didn't allow me to see my bye weeks. (Cassel and Brady same bye) I figure there's still a bunch of IDP left, so I'll be alright. Just gonna wait for them all to get off waivers first. I fucked up on the McClain pick, I can't believe I did that, fucking stupid! So dropping a couple of players shouldn't be too hard.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Killgies

I feel like I jumped the gun on Witten. Last couple years I've been stuck without a good TE.

McClain not's a bad pick. He's going to get the TD's just maybe not the yards.