I Hate Valentines Day

Started by capt._headdy, Feb 14, 2009, 12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

All you happily married people here can grind a cheese grater for the next 24 hours.

Sorry excuse of a holiday so women get some new jewelry, flowers, and a box of chocolates.

Worst holiday ever.

Black History Month is tarnished by the fact Valentine's Day was forced into its month.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Janet

Before I hit up the cheese grater, I do have to say I totally agree with you.  It's nothing but a stupid hallmark holiday.

joey_rogo

o lawd, thanks for this thread. i kinda hinted at something like this in the random thoughts thread, and BAM, here it is.

not a fan of St. Vs day either.

and i wasnt coming from the hallmark side of it, i was just saying, yeah, it totally poops on the face of all single people. WHERE'S OUR HOLIDAY??

Janet

Well, I know a few married people who think that if you are single that every day is a holiday!  Or maybe I've just watched too many Married with Children reruns....

the sun and moon

I can tell you that I could care less about damn flowers!  >:( Get me a plant!  :) bamboo preferably. And cheap chocolates? Please, that's sick. Jewelry? Too sappy. Valentines is corny. I hate it.

tomEisenbraun

Highly agreed. Though a good excuse for lonely white people to find someone to make out with among all the desperate peoples in their cities, I really can't see a redemptive value in it for the singles who don't necessarily tend to partake in that manner of pastime.

Humbug it.

Hell, it gets ruined way too easily when you're not single (and the other party puts too much stock into it...)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mjkoehler

We don't celebrate Valentines Day in our house. I was reminded again not to buy anything! Yes it is a dumb Hallmark holiday. Celebrate the one your with all the time, not just 1 time a year.

capt. scotty

Also, Why is it that the women are the only ones who are supposed to be showered with love and gifts on Valentine's day??

I wish I had one of those money vacuums they call a vagina
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TGMC421

QuoteAlso, Why is it that the women are the only ones who are supposed to be showered with love and gifts on Valentine's day??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ycartrob

QuoteAlso, Why is it that the women are the only ones who are supposed to be showered with love and gifts on Valentine's day??

I am totally shocked that you are single.

Ghostess on TV

I am totally shocked that you are single.

;D

librarian

I had decided that I'd get the most out of my Valentines day by hinting to the love of my life (who has of yet to become aware of my rather strong affections, but has nevertheless intimated to a mutual friend that my adoration is not in the least bit unrequited) that I had a couple of hours to kill before heading to a bar with my pals. We spent 5 hours strolling up and down along the riverbank, and what did I get at the end of it? A tight hug and a meaningful look. I mean come on, when better to make a romantic pass at someone? We spent a good 40mins making up a hypothetical cheesy Hollywood chick flick ("a love so strong that they overcame all obstacles, even scurvy") in which we would play the lead roles, but to actually implement it (sans scurvy, of course), not a chance.

In a nutshell, if I see one more rose I'm going to march to the nearest flower vendor, drench the place in gasoline and nonchalantly flick a lit match in its direction as I saunter away casually, whistling a merry tune.
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?

capt. scotty

Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, he probably likes dudes

Thanks for teaching me a new word, I now know what unrequited love means thanks to websters [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dragonboy

Here in Japan we have Valentines Day & White Day. Girls give to boys on Valentines Day & the other way round on White Day (March 14th)
My wife cooked a fantastic meal for me last night & gave me a Nintendo DS Lite + game for a present!!!
& guess what? I don't even have a vagina!

Seriously though Capt, you need to post a pic of yourself in the Members pics thread. After starting this thread & making such bitter comments you look like this guy in my head  ;)

;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

See, Japan knows whats up then.

And no, im not bitter about VDay, I was having more fun with it than anything. Dont most people not really care for VDay though? (unless they live in Japan and get it both ways).

I didnt even think of that why doesnt it go both ways thing until yesterday, and I think thats actually a good point.

So you didnt think I looked like that guy before my so called bitter comments??  :D

Might have to wrangle up a pic from somewhere  ;D

dragonboy

QuoteSo you didnt think I looked like that guy before my so called bitter comments??
White guy likes Hip-Hop? Gotta look like this:

;) ;) ;)

I knew you were only kidding  :)

In England I think it works both ways. I've definitely been given cards, chocolates & presents etc from girlfriends in the UK...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

Proud to say there is no FUBU, Rocawear, Sean John, or anything similar in my wardrobe.

Timberland or Lifted Research Group is about as gangsta as I get  [smiley=cool.gif]

dragonboy

Not even any Wu Wear?!!  :o

ali

it works both ways here.

this one in particular sucked, especially when your new other spends it showing his ex-girlfriend around your city (she's here on "holiday") instead of with yours truly.

thank god for friends who care, otherwise i'd have gone cd shopping to alleviate my pissedoffness.
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Penny Lane

yes valentine's day is GHAYYYYY--whether you're in a relationship or not; flowers die, candy makes you fat and we're in a recession for god's sakes, jewelry? really? eh....glad it's over although mine wasn't too bad.

capt, you NEEEEED to post a pic of yourself soon. ha ha.....you're too much
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill