The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

I can deal with Matt Jones.  He's never lived up to his potential, he could be another Cedric Benson.  I guess they aren't enough thugs in this year's draft, we have to sign all the ones in free agency too.  

I shouldn't be bad mouthing my own team but I can be a fan and hate the owner, which most of us do.  Looks like they signed Matt Jones to a one year deal near league minimum.  Mike Brown can never pass up a deal. Cheap bastard!

However, the worst news I've heard out of Bengals camp is that they asked the City of Cincinnati for the option to leave after the current stadium deal is done in 7 years.  Nothing decisive, but I don't even like to hear whispers of that.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteI can deal with Matt Jones.  He's never lived up to his potential, he could be another Cedric Benson.  I guess they aren't enough thugs in this year's draft, we have to sign all the ones in free agency too.  

I shouldn't be bad mouthing my own team but I can be a fan and hate the owner, which most of us do.  Looks like they signed Matt Jones to a one year deal near league minimum.  Mike Brown can never pass up a deal. Cheap bastard!

However, the worst news I've heard out of Bengals camp is that they asked the City of Cincinnati for the option to leave after the current stadium deal is done in 7 years.  Nothing decisive, but I don't even like to hear whispers of that.

Matt Jones and Cedric Benson weren't thugs.  They just liked coke and cars and booze and boats respectively. ;D  On the other hand, Adam Jones is a piece of shit that should never be allowed on a football field ever again.

Sorry to hear about the Bengals.  Hopefully it's just a little levaraging to get a new stadium and something is done about it.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Matt Jones shouldve never been a 1st round pick in the first place. He's basically the equivalent of a Hines Ward, Randle-El, or to a lesser degree Tebow. Those guys shouldnt go in the 1st.

So yeah, he hasnt lived up to his potential, but he had 65 catches and over 750 yards in 2008. At this point, he's at least as good as Lav Coles and probably better, so I would say it makes a lot of sense for the bungals
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

QuoteYou sure TO can still ball?! I realize he had Buffalo's QB who I cant even remember who it was, but he had a pretty bad year.

I think so. It's not like a Marvin Harrison situation where he had a serious injury. He had a good year in Dallas the year he got released. If he went to Cincy, he'd the clear number 2. I think he could still do work. And lets face it, the Bengals need a little more offense. It seems like just yesterday Carson Palmer and the Bengals were one of the most feared passing teams, but now they're a running team. I don't trust Cedric Benson. Give me two years, and then I'll trust him.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

I like the idea of TO going to to Cincy. It'd be fun to watch him and 85 on the same team. Now, does it make a lot of sense? I think they need to think about long-term and TO maybe has another year, possibly 2, left in him. I do think he could do some great things in Cincy, but it's gonna be more of an "in the moment" instead of "in the future" decision if they get him.

aMillionDreams

I think they should pick up a WR and TE in the draft and fill in holes in their depth on O and D in free agency.  I really don't think TO is the answer.  Pacman, definitely not.  I agree that Matt JOnes is a good signing, he hasn't lived up to his draft status but he's definitely worth league minimum especially since TJ left and Henry left for good.  We need a tall receiver who can catch a third down pass.  It's crazy that our weakness is now the passing game, as Walt said, but we just need someone other than 85 to catch the ball.  Well, I would also like a new Offensive coordinator... and a new owner, but beggars can't be choosers.  

I guess we're all hoping the labor despute gets resolved soon.  No one wants to see a strike.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

I dont see a strike happening, but if it does, I'll start a Goodell assassination fund. I'll hire Jean Reno.

I hate just having a year with no cap, let alone a strike
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMatt Jones shouldve never been a 1st round pick in the first place. He's basically the equivalent of a Hines Ward, Randle-El, or to a lesser degree Tebow. Those guys shouldnt go in the 1st.

So yeah, he hasnt lived up to his potential, but he had 65 catches and over 750 yards in 2008. At this point, he's at least as good as Lav Coles and probably better, so I would say it makes a lot of sense for the bungals

Are you really comparing Matt Jones with Hines Ward?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

I thought Hines played QB in college, but it appears his last 2 years at Georgia he was solely a WR. That was what I was comparing: guys who were QBs in college but drafted to play elsewhere in the NFL.

Matt Jones played QB in college. He's 2nd to Tebow in rush yards for a QB in the SEC