The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

johnnYYac

Congratulations to the 2010 Super Bowl Champs, the New Orleans Saints!  I'm a Pats fan, so anyone who can stick it to Peyton Manning is a friend of mine.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteCongratulations to the 2010 Super Bowl Champs, the New Orleans Saints!  I'm a Pats fan, so anyone who can stick it to Peyton Manning is a friend of mine.  

I second the congrats to the Saints, but not for the same reasons (Steelers fan). Happy for the city of New Orleans [smiley=thumbup.gif]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

aMillionDreams

Well, that game was a surprise to me.  I think coaching ended up being the difference.  Caldwell flat got out-coached. I guess it does matter who the Colts coach is.  Peyton didn't get enough chances to do his thing.  I'm happy for Drew Brees but disappointed for Peyton.  But I'm mostly sad that football season is over.  :'(
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

my fiancee fell in love with drew brees when she saw the shot of him holding his son with the head phones on.  

I am really happy for the Saints and the city of NO! It was a good game, I'm bummed that the season is over as well... its going to be a long wait this year!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

Perhaps I didn't expect that big a scoring margin but I really believed the Saints would win.  The Saints were a much better team the public gave them credit for.  What a performance, what a game!  Happy for NO and per usual, Caldwell, Manning and the Colts were class acts.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteCongratulations to the 2010 Super Bowl Champs, the New Orleans Saints!  I'm a Pats fan, so anyone who can stick it to Peyton Manning is a friend of mine.  

yuck.

and why would you have a problem with Peyton? Youve knocked them out basically every year
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

That onside kick had to take major cujones...As the week went on, I started to think the Colts might win, but I just didnt see their D outplaying NO D.

32/39 for Brees and 29/32 after starting 3/7. Skillz  :o 8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

goodjam2bn

Ohhhh when the saints
come marchin in...

Oh when the saints
come marchinnnn....innnnn.

New Orleans needed this!
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

johnnYYac

yuck.

and why would you have a problem with Peyton? Youve knocked them out basically every year

No offense intended.  I've just got a hang up with Manning.  I'm not sure why.  I guess I don't want to admit he's better than Brady (clearly the case these last two years).  And I know being a Pats fan is not necessarily the popular thing to admit these days.  But I've been a fan almost 40 years now, so I take what we get- good, bad, and often ugly.

I should also mention that I wanted the Saints to win NOT because I am anti-Colts but because I believe in the underdog and know New Orleans deserves something big like this.  That they had to beat Indy to accomplish this is just icing  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

corey

This has to be THE Tracy, right?  

corey

Just found your other post. Was wondering if you'd pop in for this...  :)

capt. scotty

corey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4907418

Pac-man works out for Bengals...

Also, Ochocinco kept making references to T.O. on his Twitter account yesterday.

"This is gonna be awesome Mr. Child Please and I Love Me Some Me on the same field!! I would pay to see that."

"dear NFL please change the rules next year for myself and TO, don't fine us -just put our games on #payperview and make $"

"the cat is out the bag son, 85 and 81 = WTF"

You think he's just fuckin' around, or do you think the Bengals are going after TO?

aMillionDreams

Oh god, not Pac-man.  I think I'd rather see TO than pacman.  God, I hate Mike Brown!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

QuoteOh god, not Pac-man.  I think I'd rather see TO than pacman.  God, I hate Mike Brown!

I don't see pacman ever being in the league again, unless the lock out happens. But TO can still ball. I'd take him on the Vikes, but obviously they don't need as bad as other teams.

Anyone think that Vick is going to land a starting role next year?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

You sure TO can still ball?! I realize he had Buffalo's QB who I cant even remember who it was, but he had a pretty bad year.

Id say Vick will find somewhere to start. Oakland, Buffalo, St Louis, etc.

corey

Bengals signed Matt Jones today. Or at least put the offer on the table.

I don't think they've offered Pacman anything yet. I think he just worked out for them.

Ocho's Twitter says that we should have paid attention because he was talking about Pacman 4 days ago. He's still talking about TO today, but I haven't seen it on Yahoo or ESPN.