Our Wheels- What drives you?

Started by Johnny_Yac, Feb 22, 2010, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Another picture of my Forester

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

FiddleCastro

QuoteAnother picture of my Forester
..pic snip...

Ahh, I have the same sticker, hehe...

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

MarkW

I seem to spend too much time in this Audi A6:

And not enough time riding my Vespa GT200:

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

BH

Nice avant Mark!   I love sport wagons and don't understand americans distaste for them.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

I blame this guy and this car for our hatred of the wagon.

dcdub

You guys crack me up... good times
I drive a giant gas guzzling '02 Chevy 2500 HD with the king cab and extended bed, talk about a bitch to park. Its good for cold days when shrinkage is a problem, makes me feel good about myself. Also a member of the prick club I suppose. I prefer to drive our 4runner, much smoother ride and better mileage, although its not great either. The 4 wheel drive is nice and it will haul balls which is great for my aggressive driving habits. If you see me behind you don't worry though, it's a Japanese made model and we haven't had any of the safety issues....yet
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

johnnYYac

QuoteYou guys crack me up... good times
I drive a giant gas guzzling '02 Chevy 2500 HD with the king cab and extended bed, talk about a bitch to park. Its good for cold days when shrinkage is a problem, makes me feel good about myself. Also a member of the prick club I suppose. I prefer to drive our 4runner, much smoother ride and better mileage, although its not great either. The 4 wheel drive is nice and it will haul balls which is great for my aggressive driving habits. If you see me behind you don't worry though, it's a Japanese made model and we haven't had any of the safety issues....yet

I used to support the theory that dick size was inversely proportional to truck size, the only way I could drive this in public (not actually me but very close approximation to the 1984 Isuzu P'up I had after college in 1989)

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

The Jets helmet I wear helps
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TEO

Got a '01 2500 HD with about 600 lbs in the trunk for snow traction and to smooth out the ride. I love it because it can crank up a VT hill fully loaded at 80 mph and not even stammer...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dcdub

Got a '01 2500 HD with about 600 lbs in the trunk for snow traction and to smooth out the ride. I love it because it can crank up a VT hill fully loaded at 80 mph and not even stammer...

Is yours 4X4? Mine is rear wheel, which blows. My tires spin almost every time a take off, partly because the rear wheel drive, partly because its chipped to put out about 450hp and it has too much power for its own good. I've been meaning to put some weight in the back, it drives much better when I have a yard or 2 of dirt in the bed

TEO

Is yours 4X4? Mine is rear wheel, which blows. My tires spin almost every time a take off, partly because the rear wheel drive, partly because its chipped to put out about 450hp and it has too much power for its own good. I've been meaning to put some weight in the back, it drives much better when I have a yard or 2 of dirt in the bed

Yeah it is a 4x4. Also have a Roll n Lock cover which cuts the wind resistance considerably. Low miles because I have a 3 minute commute. Really a great vehicle and have never had a problem...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

YouAre_GivenToFly

Bought this yesterday...

2010 Volkswagen Golf. 2-door hatchback, 2.5L 5cyl, 170+ horsepower, automatric transmission with Tiptronic & Sport modes, 8 speaker stereo, bluetooth, heated seats & mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, aux/mp3, 3yrs free scheduled maintinence, 6yr/75k warranty. Even the floormats are cool. Love it so far, handles great, fantastic acceleration, looking forward to many, many years with it.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteBought this yesterday...

2010 Volkswagen Golf. 2-door hatchback, 2.5L 5cyl, 170+ horsepower, automatric transmission with Tiptronic & Sport modes, 8 speaker stereo, bluetooth, heated seats & mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, aux/mp3, 3yrs free scheduled maintinence, 6yr/75k warranty. Even the floormats are cool. Love it so far, handles great, fantastic acceleration, looking forward to many, many years with it.

dude thats awesome looking! My fiancee has a 2 door rabbit, its really fun to drive.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

YouAre_GivenToFly

EDIT... Oops.... pictures too big.... ill repost...
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

BH

QuoteEDIT... Oops.... pictures too big.... ill repost...

Well you win.  You have the BEST kind of car.  A NEW car!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dcdub

That is a badass ride. My wife wants to get one, and I'm pretending to be aloof, but deep down I really can't wait to start making some money again and buy one

Crispy

Soon, it will be warm enough...

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

Nice Crispy!   Oh how I long for spring.

I am selling this set of wheels if anyone is interested.   :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120536433664&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Crispy

QuoteNice Crispy!   Oh how I long for spring.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120536433664&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I don't know Dave, I'm a little concerned about the wear on the tires...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

QuoteNice Crispy!   Oh how I long for spring.

I don't know Dave, I'm a little concerned about the wear on the tires...

;D   Hey just take it to autotire and get some new ones.  They are 65/45-ZR4s.  You could upgrade and get some new chrome 5s to fit if you want.