Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizKing531

QuoteI got some of my fav strong ales from the UK (Youngs Special London Ale, Spitfire & Bishops Finger) + a couple of new ones (Wells Banana Bread?!!)
I got some Indian lager (Kingfisher & Maharajah, Cobra is my fav but they didn't have that one), Mexican (Dos Equis & Negra Modelo), Czech (Pilsner-Urquell & Budvar) some Kona Pale Ale from Hawaii & some Grolsch.
I wanted to try Anchor Liberty Ale but it was sold out. I checked for Fat Tire but I still can't find that here in Japan.

Hell, you can't get Fat Tire anywhere in the US east of the Mississippi River - Let me know if you ever find it in Japan

:o

mjkoehler

Ok, 2 days in a row! I come home and there is Treacle Tart waiting for me. Me thinks I'm being fatten up for a kill down the road somewhere.

EC

all this hallowe'en candy at the house that i'm housesitting

red

Just dropped my bagel I was in the process of smothering with peanut butter; landed non-PB covered side-up!!!

sweatboard

Our local radio station 90.3 is doing a 2hr. SUPERDRAG special tonight from 12-2.  :)

I'll post the link in the Superdrag thread.
There's Still Time.........

TEO

Anticipating a leisurely drive through IN, OH, and KY, today on the way to Junkfest. Leaves seem to be right around peak color so should be very pretty with my yellow tinted shades on! Truck fully packed for cold weather. Homemade chili, Guinness, Bass, and ice cold Welch's grape juice to keep me going. This is gonna' be fun.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dragonboy

The house to myself for a couple of nights!!!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

Leaves ARE "peaking"! I LOVE Kentucky!   :)

primushead

Heeeeeey, I got that Biltmore job!  Woo!

Now all I have to do is take a drug test and a physical (shit...not the finger up the butt).

Things are looking up...

aMD

Congrats!! That's great!  I visited the Biltmore when I was younger, It's quite impressive.  Good luck!

I never got the finger up the butt, may be you should switch doctors. or maybe i should.    i always just got the turn your head and cough treatment :-/

SMc55

QuoteHeeeeeey, I got that Biltmore job!  Woo!

Now all I have to do is take a drug test and a physical (shit...not the finger up the butt).

Things are looking up...
Congratulations  :D

primushead

Thanks a bunch!

I'll let you know how it goes.  And, who knows?  Maybe I won't get the prostate check.  

Jenny

one of my most favorite bands of all times, the dirty projecotrs, might play at my high school because i messaged them on myspace! ahhhhh

i wrote him with all the information, explaining that our high school features artists with unique approaches to music and notation (capillary action, tyft, andrew d'angelo, gutbucket, and story of modern farming in the past) and was interested in seeing if they'd like to be our main event in the 2008 - 2009 school year.
i didn't know whether to expect a response back and if it was a stupid request but i put it out there anyway and i got a response within MINUTES!

Body:         hi jenny
not stupid at all, this sounds really rad actually.
the question is when we will be able to do it.
it is almost certainly impossible for 2007, as we will be on tour until about december 7th. but we are going to be doing some shows in january and again in april.
please be in touch with ryan@korkagency.com, he is my agent, and he will facilitate this thing.
thanks for your note
dave

AHHAHAHAHHAHA

so i emailed the booking agent and we talked about price and dates and times and blah blah blah. now i just have to talk to the higher-ups to see if this is going to work out or not. aghhhi really really really really hope so!  :)

BH

QuoteThanks a bunch!

I'll let you know how it goes.  And, who knows?  Maybe I won't get the prostate check.  

I hate to break this to you, but men your age don't need prostate exams.  Does your doctor ever wink at you, or make funny tapping noises with his foot?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

primushead

QuoteThanks a bunch!

I hate to break this to you, but men your age don't need prostate exams.  Does your doctor ever wink at you, or make funny tapping noises with his foot?

Nah, I was just kind of making assumptions.  I haven't really had a physical in a few years, so I really wasn't sure when that starts to take place.  You've delivered very good news BH.

dragonboy

Anticipating the arrival of my Tom Jones 4CD boxset!!!

The man is too cool for words!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

Camping and music in Eastern Kentucky was GREAT! Pitched camp on a ridge with a panoramic view of the hills completely ablaze with color. Met up with aMD, candyass, lizking, kyjed, and thatswhatshesaid for a roaring good time. Watched My Brother Benjamin give a rousing performance of "Phone Went West" on Saturday! People were friendly, food was good, and the music was AWESOME!  

LizKing531

QuoteCamping and music in Eastern Kentucky was GREAT! Pitched camp on a ridge with a panoramic view of the hills completely ablaze with color. Met up with aMD, candyass, lizking, kyjed, and thatswhatshesaid for a roaring good time. Watched My Brother Benjamin give a rousing performance of "Phone Went West" on Saturday! People were friendly, food was good, and the music was AWESOME!  

Man, It was great to get to hang out & play some music - that was such a beautiful farm - I didn't want to leave  

It was such a beautiful day for a drive on Sunday - the leaves were on fire all over the hills.  Its getting to be fall.

megisnotreal

wow, db. i don't know if you should have posted all those tom jones pics, as this thread can only handle so much sexy.

my current joys:

-i got to spend the weekend with my family in alabama. my nieces and nephews were great. we threw a surprise party for my grandmother (she's 70), and i spent most of saturday watching sec football with my granddad.

-i had to turn the heater on last night! there was actually a frost warning for my little town this morning.

-i am going to be in t-town this weekend for the "saban bowl"