Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Hey Walts, Yes you did make the better choice.

I got a replacement laptop which is good as I'm not secluded in the back room where we have the old desktop. However, this fucker has Vista which sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. At least I have my laptop back so I can be in the living room with everyone else.  :-/

dragonboy

It's not definite yet but there's a chance I might get to visit mainland USA this summer...I'm making plans to go to GRACELAND again!!!  :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

QuoteIt's not definite yet but there's a chance I might get to visit mainland USA this summer...I'm making plans to go to GRACELAND again!!!  :D
OK, you will have to keep us up to date on this plan.

TEO

QuoteIs that leslie Nielsen's picture on the box.     You may want to check the expiration date on that.  It looks like its about 15 years old.  Killer prize on the back of the box.

I gots a crazy inklin' that it might be Soupy Sales. I see Nielsen in the eyes, but that side jowl just says Soupy to me.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

LizKing531

QuoteHey Walts, Yes you did make the better choice.

I got a replacement laptop which is good as I'm not secluded in the back room where we have the old desktop. However, this fucker has Vista which sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. At least I have my laptop back so I can be in the living room with everyone else.  :-/

ehhh - I hated vista at first, but once you get used to it, its not really that bad.  I got Home Premium on my laptop at home & my work computer has Business Ultimate.  

Home - works great, not too distant from Xp
Business premium - complete horseshit - it has tons of bugs in it

LizKing531

Had a great interview with a company I have been talking to off & on for over a year!  The next interview is already in the works.  Man oh man I have been waiting for this - keeping the fingers crossed  

:)

mjkoehler

QuoteHey Walts, Yes you did make the better choice.

ehhh - I hated vista at first, but once you get used to it, its not really that bad.  I got Home Premium on my laptop at home & my work computer has Business Ultimate.  

Home - works great, not too distant from Xp
Business premium - complete horseshit - it has tons of bugs in it

Yeah, I'm slowly getting used to it. All the warnings that it wants to do something are kind of annoying.

TEO

QuoteHad a great interview with a company I have been talking to off & on for over a year!  The next interview is already in the works.  Man oh man I have been waiting for this - keeping the fingers crossed  

:)

NOW is your time Paul!

mjkoehler

Its tasty and refreshing and goes hella good with vodka

dragonboy

Shame I didn't see this in the US last month, looks good!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Shame I didn't see this in the US last month, looks good!!!
I actually had to have someone who's out of town buy it for me. When they say limited, they were not kidding.

pawpaw

Over the past week there's been up to 10 FEET of fresh snow that's dumped into the Sierra, and I've got free lift tickets to Northstar and a friends house to stay at in Truckee this weekend. It's been a couple of years since we've had these kind of conditions, and I am ready to ride.

And after a year and a half without a legitimate vacation, my wife and I are headed to Kauai in 3 and a half weeks! This one is well earned.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TEO

QuoteOver the past week there's been up to 10 FEET of fresh snow that's dumped into the Sierra, and I've got free lift tickets to Northstar and a friends house to stay at in Truckee this weekend. It's been a couple of years since we've had these kind of conditions, and I am ready to ride.

And after a year and a half without a legitimate vacation, my wife and I are headed to Kauai in 3 and a half weeks! This one is well earned.

Have a good time! Used to do quite a bit of skiing in Colorado myself. Actually learned how to ski through a P.E. class in college and I do miss it. I look at Breckenridge live cams a few times a week and it looks like they are having a good season as well.  :)

pawpaw

QuoteOver the past week there's been up to 10 FEET of fresh snow that's dumped into the Sierra, and I've got free lift tickets to Northstar and a friends house to stay at in Truckee this weekend. It's been a couple of years since we've had these kind of conditions, and I am ready to ride.

Have a good time! Used to do quite a bit of skiing in Colorado myself. Actually learned how to ski through a P.E. class in college and I do miss it. I look at Breckenridge live cams a few times a week and it looks like they are having a good season as well.  :)

Thanks TEO, I had a great time. I am wrecked today though. Legs, back, arms, all completely sore. The conditions were kind of chunky and icy under about 5 inches of fresh on anything that wasn't groomed, so it was a lot of work. Well worth it though. Always is.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

wasn't sure if i was going to get into the classes i needed to graduate (school started today)...got into em!! hopefully i'll be done this spring. i'm talking to my adviser on wednesday. hopefully, i'll be fillin' out some graduation forms!! i'm starting to see the light...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Feeling VERY happy about all of the people from here that will probably be able to make the RCMH show!

TEO

Found someone on the boards who is attending the same college that I did. NAU

Jenny

Just found out that my jazz group and i might be performing at a festival in april alongside archie shep and ornette coleman.
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, i arranged Leaf House for the class.  I didn't play on it, though I wish I had. if anyones interested in hearing, I'd love to see what you think!
www.myspace.com/creativehighschoolmusic
other tracks up there too from previous years.
word

dragonboy

QuoteJust found out that my jazz group and i might be performing at a festival in april alongside archie shep and ornette coleman.
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Archie Shep & Ornette Coleman?!! Wow! Fantastic news Face, keep us updated  :)

aMD

Two hour delay this morning!!!

This is the closest to a snow day I've had since I started teaching full-time.  I think I'll passed up the snow angels and snowmen and get some quality time with my couch!  Oh ya, that's the stuff!