Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

That's awesome Meg!

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

primushead

TYLER IS COMING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!  

easy jim

QuoteHeading back to the Pitt River this weekend for the first time this year...

Beautimous picture there bbill!

I love it!  I look forward to little more than getting out on the water this year.  That's what I'll do to reward myself for a semester well done.

we don't quite have streams like that around here but I still can't get enough...now all's I need is a new fly rod 'cause I slammed mine in an SUV hatch a year ago.  What an idiot.

Thanks EJ. Between daydreaming about fishing and wasting time on this forum, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting very little work done today.

Yeah, the Pitt River is pretty special...we are quite spoiled as fishermen (and women) out here. My goal this summer is to backpack into some high Sierra lakes and catch Golden Trout, never have caught one.

Yeah dude, get a new rod, get out fishing! 'Tis the season! Where do you live/fish?

I live in Nashville for now so it's pretty much smallies in streams and rivers.  This is my first summer in Nashville so i'll definitely be hitting up the Cumberland for some rainbows.  

I made it out to Oregon once and had the (first) time of my life.  I've learned to not get picky and just enjoy the water.  Good luck with the Golden, I've heard many a legend!
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Jenny

:)

i haven't been to school in over a month and a half, have only done makeup work for particular classes (biology, english, spanish). today, i learned that i got a b+ in math despite only being there for 10 days of the quarter and not doing any extra work.
what's going on????????  

The DARK

You're just that smart.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jenny

Well I don't know about that! :)
The ironic part is that it's a higher grade than i got last quarter, when I was at school and trying.

Also, I've been teaching myself the piano. Haven't taken lessons for about 10 years.
This is my first project, I've almost nailed it:
Wim Mertens - Struggle for Pleasure
www.jennyjoyal.muxtape.com

word.

pawpaw

QuoteHeading back to the Pitt River this weekend for the first time this year...

Beautimous picture there bbill!

I love it!  I look forward to little more than getting out on the water this year.  That's what I'll do to reward myself for a semester well done.

we don't quite have streams like that around here but I still can't get enough...now all's I need is a new fly rod 'cause I slammed mine in an SUV hatch a year ago.  What an idiot.

Thanks EJ. Between daydreaming about fishing and wasting time on this forum, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting very little work done today.

Yeah, the Pitt River is pretty special...we are quite spoiled as fishermen (and women) out here. My goal this summer is to backpack into some high Sierra lakes and catch Golden Trout, never have caught one.

Yeah dude, get a new rod, get out fishing! 'Tis the season! Where do you live/fish?

I live in Nashville for now so it's pretty much smallies in streams and rivers.  This is my first summer in Nashville so i'll definitely be hitting up the Cumberland for some rainbows.  

I made it out to Oregon once and had the (first) time of my life.  I've learned to not get picky and just enjoy the water.  Good luck with the Golden, I've heard many a legend!

You're right - it's not so much the size of the stream or fish, but being out on running water, away from everything else.

I'm looking at the posts above and realizing I misspelled Pit River - I guess college basketball is still sitting heavy on my mind...

We had an awesome time, caught a lot of nice fish, and the weather was perfect. The Pit is one of my favorite places in the world...always such a recharge to get up there and fish.

Have fun fishing this summer!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

megalicious

i am going "home" to alabama tomorrow to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary.

i can't wait to see all of my family!

and 50 years? way to go, granny and paw-paw!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

TEO

Quotei am going "home" to alabama tomorrow to celebrate my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary.

i can't wait to see all of my family!

and 50 years? way to go, granny and paw-paw!

Have a GREAT time Meg!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Turned a 48 year old newbie friend from school on to a 9 song mix from AD, ISM, and Z in preparation for his first Bonnaroo. I told him he would come back with some good stories.......

BH

QuoteTurned a 48 year old newbie friend from school on to a 9 song mix from AD, ISM, and Z in preparation for his first Bonnaroo. I told him he would come back with some good stories.......

Nice, I gotta ask, which 9 did you choose?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

QuoteTurned a 48 year old newbie friend from school on to a 9 song mix from AD, ISM, and Z in preparation for his first Bonnaroo. I told him he would come back with some good stories.......

Nice, I gotta ask, which 9 did you choose?

OBH
Lowdown
Steam
Way He Sings
WC
Don
Run Thru
Will Sing You Songs
Gideon

Tried to kinda' go heavy/light in a way. Of course have been debating with myself what else should have been added since I had more time on the CD. Golden is the first song that comes to mind.

TheBigChicken

My garden is LOADED with tomatoes,beans,and squash....Tomato plants are 7 ft tall :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

I've been married for 10 years. It hasn't been the easiet 10 years and there are times were the both of us just look at each other and thought "arrrgh". The greatest feeling in the world is when you first realize you love someone and that overwhelming feeling of just wanting to be with them and your day turns to crap if you do not see or talk to them. I love the feeling that chest is going to rip open from an overload of joy.

After 10 years, we do not get that feeling very much it seems between work, kids, bills, fights/arguments, life in general. We do not have days like this nearly enough (and for your info, enough for me would be every freakin day every minute). Today is one of those days. I almost played hooky from work just so we could be with each other today. I may still just blow this place off. It's only petfood and work will be there Monday.  I want to be home with my wife and best friend. I'm sitting here at work almost on the verge of tears I miss her terribly and I've only been here for an hour and a half.

Sorry to get sappy and emotional. I just love feeling like this and wish I could feel like this more often, like when we first started dating.

mjkoehler

QuoteMy garden is LOADED with tomatoes,beans,and squash....Tomato plants are 7 ft tall :o
That's awesome.

We planted our stuff 2 weeks ago and so far so good. We planted beens and within 2 days already had sprouts coming up. We are going to have a major bummper crop of tasty delicious green beans. I'm hoping the tomotoes follow the beans lead.

TheBigChicken

We've been eating beans for about 2 weeks now. I wish I was smart enough to post a pic :-/

Jon T.

QuoteI've been married for 10 years. It hasn't been the easiet 10 years and there are times were the both of us just look at each other and thought "arrrgh". The greatest feeling in the world is when you first realize you love someone and that overwhelming feeling of just wanting to be with them and your day turns to crap if you do not see or talk to them. I love the feeling that chest is going to rip open from an overload of joy.

After 10 years, we do not get that feeling very much it seems between work, kids, bills, fights/arguments, life in general. We do not have days like this nearly enough (and for your info, enough for me would be every freakin day every minute). Today is one of those days. I almost played hooky from work just so we could be with each other today. I may still just blow this place off. It's only petfood and work will be there Monday.  I want to be home with my wife and best friend. I'm sitting here at work almost on the verge of tears I miss her terribly and I've only been here for an hour and a half.

Sorry to get sappy and emotional. I just love feeling like this and wish I could feel like this more often, like when we first started dating.

Dude, what are you waiting for?  Scram!

TheBigChicken

QuoteI've been married for 10 years. It hasn't been the easiet 10 years and there are times were the both of us just look at each other and thought "arrrgh". The greatest feeling in the world is when you first realize you love someone and that overwhelming feeling of just wanting to be with them and your day turns to crap if you do not see or talk to them. I love the feeling that chest is going to rip open from an overload of joy.

Dude,go home and play in the garden......THAT IS A DIRECT ORDER!!!!!!!

Jon T.

Dude,go home and play in the garden......THAT IS A DIRECT ORDER!!!!!!!

"Play in the garden"   ;D ;D ;D