Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteHere you go K!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Just thought of another joy...I saw a raccoon a couple of days ago, that was pretty magical!!!

Thanks for the book link. That will be used.

Oh and if you want a raccoon, there's enough of those filthy beggers in my area.  You can have one! BEWARE of animals with opposable thumbs. Little bastards know how to open trash bins.  ;D

dragonboy

Tom Waits and raccoons?!!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

We've it all here in the 'Lou. BBQ, 'coons, Tom Waits shows, and the Busch brewery.

QuoteMJ, that's so awesome.  
Thanks

pawpaw

mj, THAT IS GREAT NEWS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've seen raccoons crawling in and out of storm drains in parts of San Francisco, early in the morning...pesky little fuckers, but also VERY adaptable! We (humans) developed their habitat into residential neighborhoods, so they took their shit underground!

And I've got my own current joy...we found an apartment to rent in Sacramento...twice as big for half the price! Really cool place, a full floor of this 1920s house-converted-apartment. Lots of dark wood, detailed custom millwork and built-in cabinetry, gorgeous decco light fixtures, fire place, basement, awesome front porch. It's supposed to be a temporary place while we look for a house to buy, but I have a feeling we'll be in no hurry to leave! I already am thinking about building a bar for the dining room! Plus, we can both walk to work!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

That's awesome Bill.

bethofftherecord

I can't contain myself!

I am moving to Portland, OR this summer.  
My husband is graduating with his PhD at the end of the week.
I quit my job and my last day is wednesday.  
My husband doesn't start his new job till Aug. 1st!
No job for me till at least Sept!

and last but not least....
MMJ new album and shows!!!

I am so happy.  I have a permagrin. [smiley=grin2.gif]
nothing can be changed except ourselves

dragonboy

Sounds great Beth!  :)

I just bought tickets for Fleet Foxes in SF & Mike Ness (Social Distortion) in Las Vegas!!!  :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

going to do some mushroom hunting today...

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

getinthevan

I've had to had cavities filled both yesterday and today and both times while I was stuck in the chair with all sorts of crap in my mouth, all I could think about was Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

pawpaw

QuoteSounds great Beth!  :)

I just bought tickets for Fleet Foxes in SF & Mike Ness (Social Distortion) in Las Vegas!!!  :D

COOL! I'm glad you found a show to go to while you're here! Bottom Of The Hill is a GREAT CLUB - small, good sound, outdoor patio. It's also about 4 or 5 blocks from the Anchor Steam brewery, which you can tour (and drink at). The brewery tour and drinking does require a reservation, but it's really worth it, and you'll drink muchas cervezas.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jenny

my best friends coming home TONIGHT after four long long long months! now i just have to wait.....

The DARK

The good vibes have returned to the forum!  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

bethofftherecord

I got MMJ tics for Portland.  

I'm moving to Portland, OR.

So it was exciting to buy tickets to a band I love in a place I am sure to love!!!

Also, my husband graduated w/ his PhD yesterday.  

My last day of work for the whole summer was last week.

It's getting better all the time!!!! :D
nothing can be changed except ourselves

dragonboy

Walter posted that he graduated but I guess it got lost in the move. Congratulations Capt!!! Have you decided what you're going to do next?

getinthevan

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

sweatboard

I haven't smoked in 6 days.  I was really productive outside today, yard work, washed car, had lunch on the back-patio with my wife (mashed potatoes w/hot sauce and chicken legs).  The weather was beautiful and I just enjoyed breathing, and the sky, and music, and still being alive.

I can really tell I quit smoking when I first wake up and take that very first conscious breath, it feels better every day.
There's Still Time.........

mjkoehler

Good deal B.  [smiley=beer.gif]

OZs Frozen Castle

Listening to my favorite album (astral weeks) drinking a beer and my favorite baseball team (cincinnati reds, go redlegs) are getting ready to take the field. The best part is nobody else is around. Life does not suck.

ycartrob

QuoteI haven't smoked in 6 days.  I was really productive outside today, yard work, washed car, had lunch on the back-patio with my wife (mashed potatoes w/hot sauce and chicken legs).  The weather was beautiful and I just enjoyed breathing, and the sky, and music, and still being alive.

I can really tell I quit smoking when I first wake up and take that very first conscious breath, it feels better every day.

and so each day you don't smoke moves you closer to the days which you don't miss smoking; and when I say don't miss smoking, I mean the days you don't have to remind yourself not to smoke. (now what smiley do I use here?)   hhmmmmmmmmmm     [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

.Walt

QuoteWalter posted that he graduated but I guess it got lost in the move. Congratulations Capt!!! Have you decided what you're going to do next?

ha, all my posts from that night are gone. (i did drink those two beers) i wasn't going to say anything about it, but thanks for remembering. i did graduate, and i  don't have a clue what i'm going to do. the only plan is i'm going to work two jobs this summer, save money, and move. not much of a plan.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction