Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

QuoteI made it up past the point of when I usually wake up.
[smiley=thumbup.gif]

happy new year!

TEO

My 80 year old father just told me he saw my band "My Morning Suit" on CNN last evening... ;) ;D :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

Just put a Breedlove Revival DR on layaway at my local guitar shop. The thing is absolutely incredible, one of those "The guitar finds you" moments last weekend and I knew I'd be a fool to let this one go. Absolutely beautiful instrument. Didn't know a finger-picked dreadnought could sound like this, but it's perfect. Solidly built, absolutely chimey in all the right ways without being too bright due to the Indian Rosewood back and sides. The top on this one has an incredible amount of depth of grain for a spruce top, too. Not to mention the electronics on it are top of the line LR Baggs, too. Really discretely placed, too, right inside the soundhole. Good Lord, I'm gushing.

I can't wait to get the other 3/4 of the price tag paid off and get it home and record it for you guys. It's a beautiful instrument and well worth its price tag.

Here's a page with a bunch of good pictures of one if anyone's interested, though my rosewood's grain is a bit different.

http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/3333/Breedlove_DR.htm
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

weeniebeenie

QuoteJust put a Breedlove Revival DR on layaway at my local guitar shop. The thing is absolutely incredible, one of those "The guitar finds you" moments last weekend and I knew I'd be a fool to let this one go. Absolutely beautiful instrument. Didn't know a finger-picked dreadnought could sound like this, but it's perfect. Solidly built, absolutely chimey in all the right ways without being too bright due to the Indian Rosewood back and sides. The top on this one has an incredible amount of depth of grain for a spruce top, too. Not to mention the electronics on it are top of the line LR Baggs, too. Really discretely placed, too, right inside the soundhole. Good Lord, I'm gushing.

I can't wait to get the other 3/4 of the price tag paid off and get it home and record it for you guys. It's a beautiful instrument and well worth its price tag.

Here's a page with a bunch of good pictures of one if anyone's interested, though my rosewood's grain is a bit different.

http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/3333/Breedlove_DR.htm
Nice one! That guitar sure is purrty.
How loud can silence get?

mjkoehler

Homemade Monkey Bread for a special day. I'm gonna have a smile on my face, and a full belly, all day from this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_bread

getinthevan

I made it to Nashville.  Currently no internet so I'm forced to go enjoy a bagel at Panera so I can hit the interwebs.  I'll probably have to keep up this routine for another month or two, depending on the work/school situation.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

mjkoehler

QuoteI made it to Nashville.  Currently no internet so I'm forced to go enjoy a bagel at Panera so I can hit the interwebs.  I'll probably have to keep up this routine for another month or two, depending on the work/school situation.
Look at the bright side, at least you get some tasty delicious baked goods to nosh on while surfin. Go for the Cobblestone, it's breathtaking.

tomEisenbraun

Also check out Fido in Hillsboro Village for some good free wifi. I do believe Qdoba has some free wifi along with their incredible burritos, as well.

getinthevan

QuoteI made it to Nashville.  Currently no internet so I'm forced to go enjoy a bagel at Panera so I can hit the interwebs.  I'll probably have to keep up this routine for another month or two, depending on the work/school situation.
Look at the bright side, at least you get some tasty delicious baked goods to nosh on while surfin. Go for the Cobblestone, it's breathtaking.

I'm currently enjoying chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl.  I dig it.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

bearass

gotta get the chicken ceaser sandwich and the potato soup mmmmmm

capt. scotty

QuoteAlso check out Fido in Hillsboro Village for some good free wifi. I do believe Qdoba has some free wifi along with their incredible burritos, as well.

Hard to beat their signature burritos....They always hit the spot. Chicken Queso burrito is my shiznit.

I thought the 1 burrito I got from a Moe's Southwest grill was pretty good too (not to mention even bigger, plus free tortilla chips), but the rice seemed a little old to me.

Qdoba is just as good as any legit mexican restaurant, at least as far as burritos go IMO
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bearass

qdoba is the shit but i think chipotle has them beat

capt. scotty

Quoteqdoba is the shit but i think chipotle has them beat

Heard good things about chipotle but never been there yet
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Quoteqdoba is the shit but i think chipotle has them beat

Heard good things about chipotle but never been there yet
I do greatly enjoy the shredded pork and rice bowl they have. I do enjoy Chipolte also. We used to have a local burrito place here in St Louis called Tomatillo's but closed and Chipoltle is the closest to it. Damn trixy liquer laws.

kydiddle

All this food talk is making me incredibly hungry. Knock it off.  :)

Oh, my current joy? This blog: http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/
Cow temperature.

tomEisenbraun

This is the best thing EVAR. Thank you so much.

kydiddle

This is the best thing EVAR. Thank you so much.

Hee hee. You're welcome!
Cow temperature.

ALady

My entire office thanks you, Ky.

"Platypus: the ultimate buzzkill."
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

The Orca killed me.  They were all hilarious, actually.  Thanks, Ky!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

TEO

The last two mornings I have walked into work and received gifts. Monday a co-worker gave me a magazine with an MMJ article in it and today a student gave me a plastic pyramid pencil holder with a scorpion in it from the state of Durango. Life is good... :)  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary