Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Quotei can't wait to try this out when fall gets here:
http://www.southernplate.com/2008/07/crock-pot-apple-butter.html

Okay, this sounds AMAZING.  I am trying it this fall!

I made garlic aioli for the first time this weekend...won't be the last!

And bbill, your kid is a cutie!  Great pic   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Soulshine

QuoteMy wife and I took our son up for his first "REAL" hike over the weekend, took the little guy up to just under 9,000 ft. We were expecting the worst, were completely prepared to turn around the car as soon as we got to the trailhead, but he LOVED IT! He was just really happy and curious all day, it was wonderful!

Wow bbill! Great photo! smiles, landscapes, new adventures!  :) What a cutie!
Because we're all in this together...

Jon T.

QuoteMy wife and I took our son up for his first "REAL" hike over the weekend, took the little guy up to just under 9,000 ft. We were expecting the worst, were completely prepared to turn around the car as soon as we got to the trailhead, but he LOVED IT! He was just really happy and curious all day, it was wonderful!

Awesome, bbill!

Soulshine

Two of my best friends got married this past weekend at a gorgeous vineyard in Southern Illinois. So IL is one of the most beautiful, wonderful, magical places! I'm a bit biased having spent my college years there.
All of us met down there almost 10 years ago and we are still the closest of friends. We are each others rocks. We've seen each other at our best and worst. No one judges, no negativity, put downs, etc...only love, support, encouragement, positivity. The group of friends I made in school is the type of friends everyone needs. There for you no matter what-even when they live across the country. Every outsider that comes into our group comments on how we are with each other. As the years have passed some of us have moved, married, procreated, but the "circle" remains and everyone works for it. This weekend was magic in that it brought us all back to the place where it all started to celebrate a real, deep, true, honest love that warms my heart and soul to think about.
My friends had some of the lyrics to It Beats 4 U on their invites and I'm Amazed on the CD they made for their guests. Everywhere the 3 of us (bride, groom, myself) went over the course of 4 days we were together we listened to MMJ or Yim. I DJ'd MMJ all the way from the Vineyard to the B&B where we all stayed after the reception.
It was a perfect weekend. I'm only missing my extended family now. I have so much gratitude for all the abundance in my life that sometimes I'm just not sure what to do with it all.  :-*
Because we're all in this together...

BH

QuoteTwo of my best friends got married this past weekend at a gorgeous vineyard in Southern Illinois. So IL is one of the most beautiful, wonderful, magical places! I'm a bit biased having spent my college years there.
All of us met down there almost 10 years ago and we are still the closest of friends. We are each others rocks. We've seen each other at our best and worst. No one judges, no negativity, put downs, etc...only love, support, encouragement, positivity. The group of friends I made in school is the type of friends everyone needs. There for you no matter what-even when they live across the country. Every outsider that comes into our group comments on how we are with each other. As the years have passed some of us have moved, married, procreated, but the "circle" remains and everyone works for it. This weekend was magic in that it brought us all back to the place where it all started to celebrate a real, deep, true, honest love that warms my heart and soul to think about.
My friends had some of the lyrics to It Beats 4 U on their invites and I'm Amazed on the CD they made for their guests. Everywhere the 3 of us (bride, groom, myself) went over the course of 4 days we were together we listened to MMJ or Yim. I DJ'd MMJ all the way from the Vineyard to the B&B where we all stayed after the reception.
It was a perfect weekend. I'm only missing my extended family now. I have so much gratitude for all the abundance in my life that sometimes I'm just not sure what to do with it all.  :-*

Awesome!  Great story.  You are lucky!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

weeniebeenie

QuoteTwo of my best friends got married this past weekend at a gorgeous vineyard in Southern Illinois. So IL is one of the most beautiful, wonderful, magical places! I'm a bit biased having spent my college years there.
That is so nice to hear Soulshine.
How loud can silence get?

mjkoehler

=(SUM(Day off + kids back in school) * (SUM(early AM long run + very comfy couch)))

This is the Excel equation to my happiness as I'm sleeping and drooling on this mothertrucker this morning.  ::)

BH

Quote=(SUM(Day off + kids back in school) * (SUM(early AM long run + very comfy couch)))

This is the Excel equation to my happiness as I'm sleeping and drooling on this mothertrucker this morning.  ::)

Nice!  Can you do a graph for me with time on one axis and drunkenness on the other axis?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Quote=(SUM(Day off + kids back in school) * (SUM(early AM long run + very comfy couch)))

Nice!  Can you do a graph for me with time on one axis and drunkenness on the other axis?

prediction: drunk by Judge Judy!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Drunk right now... on pie and ice cream (from the Blue Owl---Hermo will understand this).

I'll work on the graph. Pie, Bar, scatter point, doughnut, bubble, take your pick!

Penny Lane

Drunk right now... on pie and ice cream (from the Blue Owl---Hermo will understand this).

I'll work on the graph. Pie, Bar, scatter point, doughnut, bubble, take your pick!

MJK     ;D :-X

1. how did you swing this day off on a TUESDAY?! and furthermore...
2. pie and ice cream are not gonna help your training!!

mjkoehler

1. I was pretty much forced to take today off since I have to work every 3rd Sunday now (yet ANOTHER thing to blame a southern based mega mart store chain for) so we are given comp time. I'm not one to ever take time off, except when I'm forced to.
2. Ice Cream is key to the whole thing! It's frozen milk which is an absorbable liquid protein source that's high in glycogen. Right? Plus, I've dropped almost 20 lbs since April. Maybe the strawberry rhubarb pie and gooey butter cake cookies were just a touch much.

BH

Gooey Butter Cake Cookies are the FUCKING BOMB!   Seriously.  Evil as hell.   I yell at my wife when she makes them because they just sit there and call out to me, "Daaaave, I seeeeee you, you know you want me.  Don't deny your love for me.  You CAN eat all of us, just try."  

OK, that got a little weird.

mjkoehler

Fuck, you hear THAT too!?!?!? Damn evil cookies.

Penny Lane

1. I was pretty much forced to take today off since I have to work every 3rd Sunday now (yet ANOTHER thing to blame a southern based mega mart store chain for) so we are given comp time. I'm not one to ever take time off, except when I'm forced to.
2. Ice Cream is key to the whole thing! It's frozen milk which is an absorbable liquid protein source that's high in glycogen. Right? Plus, I've dropped almost 20 lbs since April. Maybe the strawberry rhubarb pie and gooey butter cake cookies were just a touch much.

i was just kidding. i added cookie dough ice cream to my protein shake last night, also when visiting L Dawg this past weekend, i was guilty of hitting the cinnamon rolls and some kind of mint julip/bourbon ice cream..to my defense, they don't SELL stuff like that up here! i was a tourist, whattayagonnado?  ;) i have no idea what gooey butter cake cookies are, thank goodness.

Penny Lane

QuoteGooey Butter Cake Cookies are the FUCKING BOMB!   Seriously.  Evil as hell.   I yell at my wife when she makes them because they just sit there and call out to me, "Daaaave, I seeeeee you, you know you want me.  Don't deny your love for me.  You CAN eat all of us, just try."  

;D

aMillionDreams

QuoteGooey Butter Cake Cookies are the FUCKING BOMB!   Seriously.  Evil as hell.   I yell at my wife when she makes them because they just sit there and call out to me, "Daaaave, I seeeeee you, you know you want me.  Don't deny your love for me.  You CAN eat all of us, just try."  

;D

They are evil in a oh so good way.  Are you eating the pumpkin variety? those are the best.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

Quotei have no idea what gooey butter cake cookies are, thank goodness.
Oh you sooo need to come to St Louis for Gooey Butter Cake and Gooey Butter Cake Cookies. If you do not know what a GB cake is, foreshame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gooey_Butter_Cake

Oh and I'm totally trying to rationalize the obscene amount of ice cream I've eaten this summer. I've eaten more this year then probably the last 5 years combined.

D- Did you just say Pumpkin GB? oh shit....

mjkoehler

I present to you, the Gooey Butter Cake Cookie Sensation.

BH

;D

They are evil in a oh so good way.  Are you eating the pumpkin variety? those are the best.

Damn you Dylan!  I have not heard of this so called pumpkin variety.  Now I'm on a mission.