Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

QuoteMy friend Wally just texted me a picture of an ultrasound with the caption "You're an aunt".

:D :D :D  ;D

I'm so incredibly happy.

Congrats!!  Aunthood...?  Auntdom..?  Whichever is awesome!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

got chinese for lunch.  fortune cookie reads:

"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month".  

I wonder what I want to succeed in this month?  better make it good.  

today is friday and friday's are awesome.

TEO

Working up a sweat cutting down trees in my backyard with my Son... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

jones

Headed out for vacation tomorrow. I will try to leave work behind (as much as possible), but with smart phones and wifi it's hard to do.  I wonder if my iPhone would skip across the ocean very well...

DiscoStu65

I've got a marathon month of music coming up staring tonight.

I've evaluated a lot of crap in my life lately and made the appropriate cuts where I needed too.  Amazing how eliminating a few negative factors from you life can really make an immediate difference.  

Pretty damn happy these days.  Waiting to hear back on a huge job opportunity, making about $20K more than I make now.  Yall keep your fingers crossed for me on that one if yall don't mind.  Would be a life changer.
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

TEO

Just booked 4 nights in a cabin and 3 days on a pet-friendly boat with my 2 favorite gurls at Patoka nevertheless... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Hawkeye

Heading to Boston for the 4th.  Should be fun.  Never been.  Sam Adams Brewery, here I come!  Boston Pops too  8-)
We could.

MarkW

It's my birthday tomorrow.  Golf, World Cup football, drinks, eats and good times are planned.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

BH

QuoteIt's my birthday tomorrow.  Golf, World Cup football, drinks, eats and good times are planned.

Nice, happy B-Day Mark!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

weeniebeenie

QuoteIt's my birthday tomorrow.  Golf, World Cup football, drinks, eats and good times are planned.

Nice, happy B-Day Mark!!!
Happy Birthday!! :)
How loud can silence get?

.Walt

Went through the Subway drive thru, and I got a free sub. Sure the one I got for free wasn't meant for me, but what the hell.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteWent through the Subway drive thru, and I got a free sub. Sure the one I got for free wasn't meant for me, but what the hell.

Subway drive thrus are the shit, but I love them just because in high school me and a couple friends went on a burn run and we just decided to take random roads that we had no idea where they went. We probably drove like a half hour out of the way and end up in this town called Leetsdale, that apparently just consisted of a strip mall, bank, and Subway - except we thought we were higher than possible because the Subway had a drive thru and we had never seen one before. To this day, Im not sure Ive even seen another Subway with a drive thru.

One of the roads around there that we went on also had a sign that was shaped like a stop sign but said WHOA.

Unbelievable
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

DiscoStu65

I got the IBM job!   Instantly almost doubled my salary.  Gonna be a life changer for me.   Last Friday could have very well been on of the best day's of my life.  I was eating some hangover aiding bbq on the way to Charlotte to see Phish.  My buddy goes to the bathroom so I decide to check my email and, there it is "Offer Letter from IBM Sent".  I lost it.  Had to get up and run out of the restaurant and call my Dad.  He retired in 2003 after working 30 years with IBM.  Needless to say, he's pretty proud.   I'm still pretty beside myself about it.  I've been miserable at my current job for well over a year.  This is exactly what I needed.  Gotta call big blue here in a little while and find out when I can start.  I've got about 2 weeks of vacation left here so I'm gonna have a nice little rest and relaxation period before the new gig starts.  
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

Penny Lane

QuoteI got the IBM job!   Instantly almost doubled my salary.  Gonna be a life changer for me.   Last Friday could have very well been on of the best day's of my life.  I was eating some hangover aiding bbq on the way to Charlotte to see Phish.  My buddy goes to the bathroom so I decide to check my email and, there it is "Offer Letter from IBM Sent".  I lost it.  Had to get up and run out of the restaurant and call my Dad.  He retired in 2003 after working 30 years with IBM.  Needless to say, he's pretty proud.   I'm still pretty beside myself about it.  I've been miserable at my current job for well over a year.  This is exactly what I needed.  Gotta call big blue here in a little while and find out when I can start.  I've got about 2 weeks of vacation left here so I'm gonna have a nice little rest and relaxation period before the new gig starts.  

congrats, Stu! that IS a life-changer...your dad's gotta be so proud.

added: i like everything except that they are called 'big blue'...EW.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Awesome, Stu!

Can i get a kickdown laptop???
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

DiscoStu65

QuoteAwesome, Stu!

Can i get a kickdown laptop???

I'm hoping to get one of those myself.  Even though IBM sold off their personal computer company to Lenovo, Lenovo still recognizes the IBM employee discount.  

BH

QuoteI got the IBM job!   Instantly almost doubled my salary.  Gonna be a life changer for me.   Last Friday could have very well been on of the best day's of my life.  I was eating some hangover aiding bbq on the way to Charlotte to see Phish.  My buddy goes to the bathroom so I decide to check my email and, there it is "Offer Letter from IBM Sent".  I lost it.  Had to get up and run out of the restaurant and call my Dad.  He retired in 2003 after working 30 years with IBM.  Needless to say, he's pretty proud.   I'm still pretty beside myself about it.  I've been miserable at my current job for well over a year.  This is exactly what I needed.  Gotta call big blue here in a little while and find out when I can start.  I've got about 2 weeks of vacation left here so I'm gonna have a nice little rest and relaxation period before the new gig starts.  

Awesome.  Congratulations!  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Wow.  Congrats, DiscoStu!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

do you think you can hook me up with a slave robot?

jones

Disco [smiley=thumbsup.gif]