Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoStu65

Thanks guys.  Really does mean a lot.  I've mentioned it on here before, but I am absolutely miserable at my current job.  Real thankful to have a job, but it's terrible.  I was lucky enough to survive the Wachovia/Wells Fargo merger.  Worked for Wachovia for 4 years prior to the merger.  Wells came in and "repurposed" those of us that didn't get laid off.  I went from having a semi important job with Wachovia, to having a job that a elementary school kid could do.   Right now my only job responsibility is to look at printed loan modifications and make sure the numbers match those on the computer.  I can literally do my job in 15-30 min a day.  Absolutely no challenge at all.  

The new gig is going to push me hard, but it's lined with all sorts of pay incentives to work hard.  Basically, it will be up to me to make as much or as little non base salary cash as I want.   Wells wants us to do just one piece of the puzzle and move it along like an assembly line.  With IBM, I'll be able to take ownership of the entire process and see it through.  

Found out yesterday I start training for the new job on 9/7.  Making it 2 more months at this job may prove to be the most difficult thing I've ever done.   ;D
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

.Walt

My buddy that owns his own Got Junk removal type service told me has a organ for me. I haven't played in a couple years, but the keys keep keying.

At least this time I didn't have to drive to Chicago to get it.  ::)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteMy buddy that owns his own Got Junk removal type service told me has a organ for me. I haven't played in a couple years, but the keys keep keying.

At least this time I didn't have to drive to Chicago to get it.  ::)

When I first read this I thought he decided to be an organ donor and give you a kidney or something
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Soulshine

Meeting CrispYY  :)
Because we're all in this together...

Crispy

QuoteMeeting CrispYY  :)
Awww, you.

I met Soulshine!  :D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

QuoteMeeting CrispYY  :)
Awww, you.

I met Soulshine!  :D

Get a room!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jones

DiscoStu65

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

jones

QuoteWeen Radio

http://www.weenradio.com/

awesome!
I tried to listen to it a while back and it wasn't working.  I tried it today and have been provided with instantaneously streaming boognish.

woodnymph

WOW I forGOT about this gem!!! Thanks!!!! Catchin the boys in Columbus July 31, can't wait!!!

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Crispy

QuoteWeen Radio

Oh my, yes...just what I need today!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

jones

QuoteWeen Radio

Oh my, yes...just what I need today!

It has made my day a little smoother!  You have to be quick on the volume when a customer walks in, though...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Purple Pine Tree
White Berry
White Widow.

.Walt

QuotePurple Pine Tree
White Berry
White Widow.

I was hoping you didn't smoke junk.  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

jones

I had two mountain bike races in approximately 102 degree heat index conditions this past weekend and managed 2nd place (of 4) in the time trial on Saturday and 4th place (of 13) in the cross country on Sunday.  To say that it was hot is definitely an understatement.  

It was difficult during the races not to think about the fact that I could be drinking ice cold beer in an air conditioned room somewhere, but, in some twisted way, it was still fun.

Penny Lane

QuoteI had two mountain bike races in approximately 102 degree heat index conditions this past weekend and managed 2nd place (of 4) in the time trial on Saturday and 4th place (of 13) in the cross country on Sunday.  To say that it was hot is definitely an understatement.  

It was difficult during the races not to think about the fact that I could be drinking ice cold beer in an air conditioned room somewhere, but, in some twisted way, it was still fun.

congrats Flyguy, be careful in this heat  :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

jones

QuoteI had two mountain bike races in approximately 102 degree heat index conditions this past weekend and managed 2nd place (of 4) in the time trial on Saturday and 4th place (of 13) in the cross country on Sunday.  To say that it was hot is definitely an understatement.  

For real.  I learned my lesson after my DNF at my race in May.  I only rode the XC on Sunday at about 85% due to the conditions and still came away with 4th place.  I basically rode as if it were a training ride.  I had a good time and I didn't have to be hauled off the trail and, well,  that's a good thing.

Penny Lane

For real.  I learned my lesson after my DNF at my race in May.  I only rode the XC on Sunday at about 85% due to the conditions and still came away with 4th place.  I basically rode as if it were a training ride.  I had a good time and I didn't have to be hauled off the trail and, well,  that's a good thing.

For the last few weeks I've been playing ultimate frisbee on Saturdays and I've spent the rest of the weekend w/a killer headache. I hydrate before and after, but the humidity has really been kicking my a**. I can't take it like I used to.

jones

For the last few weeks I've been playing ultimate frisbee on Saturdays and I've spent the rest of the weekend w/a killer headache. I hydrate before and after, but the humidity has really been kicking my a**. I can't take it like I used to.

I used to play ultimate frisbee like it was my job.  It is a lot of fun, but I don't know if I could hang anymore.  I wear a Camelbak when I ride, but I don't think that it would work so well for ultimate, what with 60 ounces of Gatorade/water mix sloshing around on your back.  Do you think that hydration (or lack thereof) is causing the headache?  Have you ever tried any during activity fuels like gels, shot blocks, etc?

Oops. I think that we are supposed to be in the fitness thread right now.

Penny Lane

I used to play ultimate frisbee like it was my job.  It is a lot of fun, but I don't know if I could hang anymore.  I wear a Camelbak when I ride, but I don't think that it would work so well for ultimate, what with 60 ounces of Gatorade/water mix sloshing around on your back.  Do you think that hydration (or lack thereof) is causing the headache?  Have you ever tried any during activity fuels like gels, shot blocks, etc?

Oops. I think that we are supposed to be in the fitness thread right now.

i've taken gel tabs during the marathons but never during training runs or ultimate. I've never had this happen before..i might pick up a gel tab, maybe you're right, i don't think it's a lack of potassium because I'm not cramping up.