Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

QuoteI got the job!
Looks like NYC aint' done with me yet.
Congrats missy!

You da (wo)man Penny!  Congrats!

Thanks, I'm actually kind of nervous because it looks like my MMJ forum posting will be cut back. I'm not sure how I'll handle that. It takes up about 60% of my work time now. How do others cope?
It sounds like that lap dance will have to be later rather than sooner.
:-?   Penny are you handing out lapdances?   ;)  I think you should be GETTING lapdances now at your "new job" party!!!   :D

i can't dance at all so me giving a lapdances would just be about the most awkward thing imaginable..maybe ruckus can teach me since he moonlights ..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

QuoteI got the job!

Sweet.  As if they could possibly NOT give you the job.  ;)  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

QuoteAnd on top of the job news, I went on a little kayak cruise with the mom today.  What a good day.  

Awesome pic LD!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

My Jeebiss it's the most BEAUTIFUL evening.... I was off of work today, and it rained alllll day (which was awesome too, we've needed it so bad...) but now it's post-rain and the sunset is SO BRIGHT and the air is getting the crisp fall feeling, and the neighborhood is bathed in gold! The maple trees in my front yard have started changing color and I just read that bit of the JJ interview in Under the Radar and am just like overwhelmed with awesomeness and had to share  ;D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI got the job!
Congrats missy!

You da (wo)man Penny!  Congrats!

Thanks, I'm actually kind of nervous because it looks like my MMJ forum posting will be cut back. I'm not sure how I'll handle that. It takes up about 60% of my work time now. How do others cope?
It sounds like that lap dance will have to be later rather than sooner.
:-?   Penny are you handing out lapdances?   ;)  I think you should be GETTING lapdances now at your "new job" party!!!   :D

i can't dance at all so me giving a lapdances would just be about the most awkward thing imaginable..maybe ruckus can teach me since he moonlights ..

that's how it's done son, nice work.

.Walt

..maybe ruckus can teach me since he moonlights ..

Congrats everyone for getting a job!

Ruckus, you dancing with Thunder From Down Under? Not that I know anything about that.  ;)

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

joey_rogo

my subaru turns 1 year old today! man, time flies. it seems like just yesterday i drove it off the lot.

mjkoehler

4 day weekend, bitches!

Hawkeye

Bobby Bare Jr. tonight!!!  I've been posting about my excitement for that all over the place but I can't help it.  I'm pumped.  Then Hawkeyes/Penn State in a Saturday night game and a trip to Old Man's Cave on Sunday for some hiking!  Bears/Giants should be good too.  Should be a good weekend...
We could.

capt. scotty

i can't dance at all so me giving a lapdances would just be about the most awkward thing imaginable.

so are you gonna be looking like Elaine, thumbs and all, when youre cuttin some rug at the T5 shows??  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

i can't dance at all so me giving a lapdances would just be about the most awkward thing imaginable.

so are you gonna be looking like Elaine, thumbs and all, when youre cuttin some rug at the T5 shows??  ;D

I was trying to post the Elaine clip earlier.
But basically sheakes me look coordinated.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

jones

I was trying to post the Elaine clip earlier.
But basically sheakes me look coordinated.

iLikeBeer

QuoteBobby Bare Jr. tonight!!!  I've been posting about my excitement for that all over the place but I can't help it.  I'm pumped.  Then Hawkeyes/Penn State in a Saturday night game and a trip to Old Man's Cave on Sunday for some hiking!  Bears/Giants should be good too.  Should be a good weekend...

Hawkeye, whereabouts in Ohio are you hailing from?  Old Man's Cave is some beautiful country!  We get together annually with a group of friends and rent out a big cabin down in Hocking Hills and just love the hiking down there!

woodnymph

QuoteBobby Bare Jr. tonight!!!  I've been posting about my excitement for that all over the place but I can't help it.  I'm pumped.  Then Hawkeyes/Penn State in a Saturday night game and a trip to Old Man's Cave on Sunday for some hiking!  Bears/Giants should be good too.  Should be a good weekend...

Hawkeye, whereabouts in Ohio are you hailing from?  Old Man's Cave is some beautiful country!  We get together annually with a group of friends and rent out a big cabin down in Hocking Hills and just love the hiking down there!
Whoa whoa, did not see the Old Man's Cave part! BEAUTIFUL THERE!!  :o :o Have fun at the show and the HIKINGGGG!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Hawkeye

I'm living near Marietta, OH.  Right on the Ohio river on the WV border.  Old Man's cave is about an hour from here.  We go to Athens or the Athens area pretty often for live music/hiking/biking/what-have-you.  I really like that area!  I wish we were just a LITTLE closer, but an hour drive isn't bad.  Better than the 4 hr drive coming up tonight for BBJr.  But yeah, I haven't been to OMC yet but I keep hearing about it!  I'll make sure to get some pics.

Where are you living again, Beer?  And you, 'Nymph?  Anywhere near me?
We could.

mjkoehler

Fantastic lunch of Bi Cuon (Vietnamese summer rolls), Pho Thai Chin (rice noodle soup with beef brisket and round eye), and Cafe Sua Nong (hot coffee w/Condensed milk - THE greatest coffee beverage know to mankind). Topped it off with a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of dark Mexican chocolate gelatos. Seriously, I thought I was going to have to change my pants from the happiness my body was umm permeating. Doesn't hurt that I was with my 2 (female) BFF's whom I love dearly.

Fucking great start to the weekend.

wharf rat

I'm living near Marietta, OH.  Right on the Ohio river on the WV border.  Old Man's cave is about an hour from here.  We go to Athens or the Athens area pretty often for live music/hiking/biking/what-have-you.  I really like that area!  I wish we were just a LITTLE closer, but an hour drive isn't bad.  Better than the 4 hr drive coming up tonight for BBJr.  But yeah, I haven't been to OMC yet but I keep hearing about it!  I'll make sure to get some pics.

Hey Hawkeye, have a good time up in Cleveland tonight, and definitely enjoy the beauty of the Hocking Hills area.  Old Man's Cave can draw some pretty large crowds, especially this time of year.  It is one of the most scenic places in southern Ohio.  If you find the crowds aren't to your liking at Old Man's, you might want to check out the Rim Trail at Conkle's Hollow, or head over to Rock House, or Cantwell Cliffs.  They are all part of the Hocking Hills region and are all within 30 minutes of each other.  
Are you in Marietta for school?  We've been in Athens since '92, aside from 3 years down in Wilmington, NC in the late '90's.  Athens definitely has some good music moving thru town.  I saw the Avett Bros. for the first time back in 2002 or '03, playing at Casa Cantina in front of about 150 people.  Good times indeed!  We should meet up sometime and catch a show.  I'm heading uptown tonight for The Buffalo Killers, they've played here a couple times but I've missed them both times.  Looking forward to it.  Enjoy the hiking this weekend!

jones

QuoteFantastic lunch of Bi Cuon (Vietnamese summer rolls), Pho Thai Chin (rice noodle soup with beef brisket and round eye), and Cafe Sua Nong (hot coffee w/Condensed milk - THE greatest coffee beverage know to mankind). Topped it off with a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of dark Mexican chocolate gelatos. Seriously, I thought I was going to have to change my pants from the happiness my body was umm permeating. Doesn't hurt that I was with my 2 (female) BFF's whom I love dearly.

That sounds great and all, but I'm having a really hard time reading all the way through your posts these days.  Everytime I start reading a new sentence there is a red object moving to the left of the text that distracts me.  Then I forget what I already read and I have to start all over again.

mjkoehler

QuoteFantastic lunch of Bi Cuon (Vietnamese summer rolls), Pho Thai Chin (rice noodle soup with beef brisket and round eye), and Cafe Sua Nong (hot coffee w/Condensed milk - THE greatest coffee beverage know to mankind). Topped it off with a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of dark Mexican chocolate gelatos. Seriously, I thought I was going to have to change my pants from the happiness my body was umm permeating. Doesn't hurt that I was with my 2 (female) BFF's whom I love dearly.

That sounds great and all, but I'm having a really hard time reading all the way through your posts these days.  Everytime I start reading a new sentence there is a red object moving to the left of the text that distracts me.  Then I forget what I already read and I have to start all over again.
;D You say something? I was staring off onto Mount Ginger Booty

Hawkeye

Hey Hawkeye, have a good time up in Cleveland tonight, and definitely enjoy the beauty of the Hocking Hills area.  Old Man's Cave can draw some pretty large crowds, especially this time of year.  It is one of the most scenic places in southern Ohio.  If you find the crowds aren't to your liking at Old Man's, you might want to check out the Rim Trail at Conkle's Hollow, or head over to Rock House, or Cantwell Cliffs.  They are all part of the Hocking Hills region and are all within 30 minutes of each other.  
Are you in Marietta for school?  We've been in Athens since '92, aside from 3 years down in Wilmington, NC in the late '90's.  Athens definitely has some good music moving thru town.  I saw the Avett Bros. for the first time back in 2002 or '03, playing at Casa Cantina in front of about 150 people.  Good times indeed!  We should meet up sometime and catch a show.  I'm heading uptown tonight for The Buffalo Killers, they've played here a couple times but I've missed them both times.  Looking forward to it.  Enjoy the hiking this weekend!

I'm missing the Buffalo Killers tonight?!?  Dammit!  I love those guys!  Saw them once in Dubuque, IA.  They were supposed to come through another time but had to cancel for some reason.  They played somewhere around there this past spring too, but I was out of town.  Just keep missing them.  If I weren't going to Bobby Bare Jr. tonight I'd DEFINITELY be seeing you at that show.  Yeah, please let me know if you know of any good shows/events going on around the Athens area.  We might be doing that train wine tour thing put on by Stuart's Opera House in Nelsonville?  Probably going to Junior Brown there as well.

I saw Duke Jr and the Smoky Boots and JP Harris and the Tough Choices at Casa Cantina...probably 6 weeks ago or so.  Good show!

Cheers!
We could.