Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 12, 2011, 12:49 AM
Fiiiinally met my niece Evie last weekend!!!

She fell asleep in my arms gripping onto my finger & hair  :P  One of the more surreal moments in life.........

just noticed the pillow behind me says "Blessings" on it too  :)

adorable -- both of you!
.....Back at the Model Home

Jon T.

She fell asleep in my arms gripping onto my finger & hair  :P  One of the more surreal moments in life.........

Awwww.  Good for you!

ManNamedTruth

Awesome! I'm gonna be a Great Uncle soon in a few months and I'm only 29 (my oldest sister's oldest son and his wife are expecting), crazy shit.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

kydiddle

Adorables!!!

Nice to see you woodnymph! *waves*
Cow temperature.

ALady

Dawwww!  Cute pic.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof7

Wow on this day of all days I got a job offer from a local hospital which is a substantial pay increase from my current job and am 1 of 3 people (my competish - 2 people with way less experience as reported by an inside source) being interviewed for a federal job tomorrow which would be an even more substantial pay increase and potential career-making position! To top it off this Day of Days I will go home and dance with my soon to be wife to Circuital and try and plan out my life. Cheers to all! :beer:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

touchingmept2

Cheers Mr Wolof! Good luck sir.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

woodnymph

Thank you guys for the sweet sweet replies!!  Holy cow is she amazing.......  so excited to be her auntie!!!

Ky what's good with the new jobbaroo!!!  That sounds PERFECT!!!  Did you start already???
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

Wow!  This is awesome!  Great pic Woody :)  I get to see my niece and nehew in June for the 1st time in 3 years and can't wait.

Congratulations Wolof.  That is great news. :thumbsup:  now you can road trip for some shows outside of New England right?

I'm super grateful to have been able to chill with both Ghosts and Penny in my hood over the last three days. :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

lil sis

Congrats, Jen!  I'm going to be an aunt for this first time this July and I can't freaking wait.  Great pic!  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Quote from: lil sis on Apr 13, 2011, 12:15 PM
Congrats, Jen!  I'm going to be an aunt for this first time this July and I can't freaking wait.  Great pic!  :)

WHOA CONGRATS LADY!!!!  Boy or a girl??? (if you know!)  This is totally my first time being an aunt, and man oh man is it somethin'!!  Congrats, and here's to being an aunt!    :beer:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And thanks Ruckus! I'm stoked to hear you'll be seeing your lil' crew in June!!   :thumbsup:  3 years is some time!!    How old are they??

And Truth, a GREAT UNCLE!  Whew! That's wild!  :o  Quite a title you'll have, Unc!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Paulie_Walnuts

My current joy is from reading this morning's paper. I'm mightily relieved to know that Catherine Zeta-Jones has been successfully treated for her bipolar 2 two disorder. After spending five days in a top clinic it would appear she has been cured and is all better now.

That's really good, because as her publicist says, she can now focus on the two new films she is about to start shooting.

I can sleep easy tonight........
Paulie W

Ruckus

Quote from: Paulie_Walnuts on Apr 14, 2011, 08:00 AM
My current joy is from reading this morning's paper. I'm mightily relieved to know that Catherine Zeta-Jones has been successfully treated for her bipolar 2 two disorder. After spending five days in a top clinic it would appear she has been cured and is all better now.

That's really good, because as her publicist says, she can now focus on the two new films she is about to start shooting.

And my pulse just returned to normal after seeing that Kenya has made Prince William and Kate Middleton's Top 3 honeymoon destinations.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

MarkW

It's good to know they can now treat bipolar disorder in five days.  There was me thinking it was a serious mental condition that could blight the lives of sufferers for decades...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

tdb810

Quote from: MarkW on Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 AM

It's good to know they can now treat bipolar disorder in five days.  There was me thinking it was a serious mental condition that could blight the lives of sufferers for decades...

lol -- though, bipolar 2 is much less intense than bipolar 1....
.....Back at the Model Home

wolof7

Quote from: tdb810 on Apr 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
Quote from: MarkW on Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 AM

lol -- though, bipolar 2 is much less intense than bipolar 1....

That is true....Bipolar remains the diagnosis du jour. Not to be insensitive to her "condition" but bipolar is an extremely serious but treatable mood disorder which can be permanently disabling, but the term bipolar is thrown around pretty loosely these days. Generally if someone suffers a true manc or depressive episode it takes a lot longer than 5 days in a hospital to be ok enough to return to a film shoot or any kind of arduous work.

Not to say this is or is not the case, but we all have mood cycles, swings and personal stressors we deal with, I find oftentimes people like to explain their mood through this diagnosis without knowing full well the parameters to actually diagnose it.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

lil sis

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Apr 13, 2011, 12:15 PM

WHOA CONGRATS LADY!!!!  Boy or a girl??? (if you know!)  This is totally my first time being an aunt, and man oh man is it somethin'!!  Congrats, and here's to being an aunt!    :beer:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And thanks Ruckus! I'm stoked to hear you'll be seeing your lil' crew in June!!   :thumbsup:  3 years is some time!!    How old are they??

And Truth, a GREAT UNCLE!  Whew! That's wild!  :o  Quite a title you'll have, Unc!!
Thanks!  We have no idea what the sex is.  My sister and brother-in-law want to be surprised.  It is making it very difficulty for my sister to shop/decorate, but I'm kinda happy they are holding out.  Love the suspense.  I'll be happy with whatever, but I'm secretly hoping for a boy because there are too many females in this family as is.  ;)  Either way, he/she is totally going to get spoiled.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

ALady

I get to see ms. yvon tonight   :) :) :)   :beer:

I am really, really pleased about that.  Definite highlight of a weird week.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

capt. scotty

Great pic my fellow yinzer, you look like a mama in that pic, and high five for your news as well Wolof since few things supercede good job news...

-Just listened to Octoplasm for the first time  :bath:

-Bought a laptop today because I think the forum withdrawal, related to school, manifested by the new album craziness got to me

-Got a 93% on my test today, after getting a 73% on the first exam. Huge relief.

-Did my tax return today finally and didnt expect to get near as much CREAM back as is coming this way. Dolla Dolla Bills yall!

-Roll Call is pretty sweet and Im sure the Jacket will make some decent $ while also finally giving all us diehards an outlet to get preemo tix before the scalpers

Probably forgetting a couple things but thatll work..mmmm...Octoplasm
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

I got to catch up with an old friend from high school days (the Reverend Kerry Keefe I posted about in "other music") who was bandmates of Mike Gordon of Phish back in th day.  He's into traditional bluesy gospel music now and I went to catch his current group at a Baptist church over in Worcester MA.  Lots of great music and fellowship and it was great to catch up with Kerry.  Plus I found out he lives a couple towns away from my town of Oxford so I am hoping we can hang out regularly again.  Excellent weekend overall!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.