mjk73

<------This. It truly it is glorious

TheBigChicken

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
<------This. It truly it is glorious

straight out of the MJK hand book ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Jon T.

About 24 hours from now, I should have another little jacket fan in the family!  I don't know if it's because we didn't find out the sex with this one, but I don't remember being this nervous with our other one.  I can't freakin' wait to find out what it is!

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
About 24 hours from now, I should have another little jacket fan in the family!  I don't know if it's because we didn't find out the sex with this one, but I don't remember being this nervous with our other one.  I can't freakin' wait to find out what it is!
Aww man!  Best to you and your wife either way Jon! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TheBigChicken

Congrats !
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

johnnYYac

We look forward to the outcome.  Congrats!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bowl of soup

You need me to make your streak for the cash picks for ya?  Congrats, bushwacker with a 151 floater time.  I'm betting girl.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just purchased and booked all necessary tickets and accomodations for my 2 summer trips. No concert plans as of yet, but this should do for now...

5 days in New Hampshire in July

And in September, 1.5 days in Chicago (including game @ Wrigley), 3 days in Glacier National Park in Montana, 1.5 days in Seattle (including game @ Safeco)

:D
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Jon T.

Thanks a bunch guys!  Soup, I'll still manage to squeeze a few picks in here and there.  Everyone except my wife and myself think it's a girl.  We'll see...  Some friends of ours did a money board for it.  I drew "boy 8-8.5lbs" and "girl "8.5-9lbs".  Our doctor estimated 8lbs 10oz, so I may be all over it if it's a girl.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
Just purchased and booked all necessary tickets and accomodations for my 2 summer trips. No concert plans as of yet, but this should do for now...

And in September, 1.5 days in Chicago (including game @ Wrigley), 3 days in Glacier National Park in Montana, 1.5 days in Seattle (including game @ Safeco)

What brings you to the Granite State? 

Is your passport in order?  July 12 is the Montreal MMJ show- all GA- a 4 hour drive from my neck of the NH woods. 

Let me know if you need some insider info.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2011, 11:51 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 11:16 AM

What brings you to the Granite State? 

Is your passport in order?  July 12 is the Montreal MMJ show- all GA- a 4 hour drive from my neck of the NH woods. 

Let me know if you need some insider info.

I'll be in NH from July 16-20. Family tradition going back to the mid-70s... the whole gang goes up to the lake and rents a bunch of houses. I haven't been up in a few years, and my parents invited me, so who am I to turn down a free vacation?
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

mjk73

Congrats Jon! Hoping for 10 fingers 10 toes and the great new baby smell. Yes, new baby smell is one of my favorite things.

MMJ_fanatic

Almond butter--on just about anything 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

woodnymph

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Apr 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
Almod butter--on jusat about anything 8)
Excuse my French, but no. fucking. way did you just post this!!

I was JUST ABOUT TO GO ON CURRENT COMPLAINTS and spew a small bit about my almond butter addiction that has taken over my life.

Then I was like "ehhhhhh no one will really understand........"

That just freaked me the f out that you posted that hahah I shoulda known the MMJ vortex would prevail  8)  The current complaint has become a current joy, HUZZAH ALMOND BUTTER!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 21, 2011, 09:38 PM

I was JUST ABOUT TO GO ON CURRENT COMPLAINTS and spew a small bit about my almond butter addiction that has taken over my life.

That just freaked me the f out that you posted that hahah I shoulda known the MMJ vortex would prevail  8)  The current complaint has become a current joy, HUZZAH ALMOND BUTTER!!!
Alright, you guys convinced me.  I've never had almond butter alone on anything.  It's now on my May bucket list.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 09:42 PM

Alright, you guys convinced me.  I've never had almond butter alone on anything.  It's now on my May bucket list.
Careful, careful..... it might could suck you right in!  It's like nature's perfect snackfood. Protein, good fat, goes good on nearly everything, and can be added to dips/sauces too...  can be an expensive venture, but I've not come across an almond butter I don't like.  Raw is my faaaavorite, roasted is nice too.  Try it on a cracker with a raw macadamia nut or two on top, and it takes everything in your power not to eat them until they're gone.

OK... that's all.  Can't
Talk
About it

Anymore

darkglow

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 09:42 PM

I'm gonna buy some on the way home from work tomorrow along with a case of beer.. TGIF.. any tips for what it's good to put this almond butter on??

congrats on the lil guy Jon T... if you can battle harden him up in 30 days you can throw him on your shoulders and bring him to the Hangout Fest... start 'em young I say

capt. scotty

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 11:16 AM5 days in New Hampshire in July

Thats some pretty nice spots! Have you ever been to Glacier before?!? Im guessing yes since youre spending 3 days there, but that is the most beautiful, jaw dropping pieces of nature Ive ever seen. I really only got to see it for a day as far as the park, but the next time Im out there I plan on spending much more time. Couldnt believe I was still in the USA
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Quote from: darkglow on Apr 21, 2011, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna buy some on the way home from work tomorrow along with a case of beer.. TGIF.. any tips for what it's good to put this almond butter on??

congrats on the lil guy Jon T... if you can battle harden him up in 30 days you can throw him on your shoulders and bring him to the Hangout Fest... start 'em young I say

Almond butter on crackers with banana slices orrrr macadamia nuts = crime. You don't really need flavored crackers, the almond butter (and potential toppings) do all the work for flavor, as a snack....

Otherwise...... almond butter & jelly/jam sammich, english muffin with almond butterrrr.... pretzels... notice-I'm-avoiding-the-subject-of-chocolate-with-almond-butter..........ahem..... hell, put a little on a chocolate chip cookie and you're golden! You can do a Chex mix kinda thing with it...it's amaaaazing on apple slices..... figure anything you'd use peanut butter for, an almond butter pudding surprise?  ???

So that's just some vegetarian-esque ideas on my behalf... you can get into adding it into dips and sauces, but they don't necessarily harness the flavor as much, it just mixes in well in place of like an almond paste, or ground almonds...

Word to the Wise:  Don't buy* almond butter that has other junk oil in the ingredients, like canola oil or such.  Look for the purest kind with either ONLY GROUND ALMONDS or almonds & almond oil.  A little sunflower seed oil wouldn't be the end of the world either, if other types are hard to find. And definitely don't get any with crap preservatives.

My favorite when I can't afford organic^^

darkglow

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 21, 2011, 11:10 PM
Quote from: darkglow on Apr 21, 2011, 09:55 PM

Almond butter on crackers with banana slices orrrr macadamia nuts = crime. You don't really need flavored crackers, the almond butter (and potential toppings) do all the work for flavor, as a snack....

Otherwise...... almond butter & jelly/jam sammich, english muffin with almond butterrrr.... pretzels... notice-I'm-avoiding-the-subject-of-chocolate-with-almond-butter..........ahem..... hell, put a little on a chocolate chip cookie and you're golden! You can do a Chex mix kinda thing with it...it's amaaaazing on apple slices..... figure anything you'd use peanut butter for, an almond butter pudding surprise?  ???

So that's just some vegetarian-esque ideas on my behalf... you can get into adding it into dips and sauces, but they don't necessarily harness the flavor as much, it just mixes in well in place of like an almond paste, or ground almonds...

Word to the Wise:  Don't buy* almond butter that has other junk oil in the ingredients, like canola oil or such.  Look for the purest kind with either ONLY GROUND ALMONDS or almonds & almond oil.  A little sunflower seed oil wouldn't be the end of the world either, if other types are hard to find. And definitely don't get any with crap preservatives.

My favorite when I can't afford organic^^

i smoke and drink and party on the weekends and stay up all hours of the night during the week but i exercise regularly and like to eat healthy (rarely eat junk food anymore)

does this make me a good person?