Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Quote from: TEO on Jul 22, 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jul 22, 2011, 01:24 PM
I never thought an overcast day could bring so much joy. If you are enduring this looooong, maddening heatwave, then you know what I mean.

Congrats. on the New House J.!!! :)

Thanks! I don't recall posting that I bought a house, but this summer heat may be playing tricks on my mind.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jul 22, 2011, 06:17 PM
Quote from: TEO on Jul 22, 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jul 22, 2011, 01:24 PM
I never thought an overcast day could bring so much joy. If you are enduring this looooong, maddening heatwave, then you know what I mean.

Congrats. on the New House J.!!! :)

Thanks! I don't recall posting that I bought a house, but this summer heat may be playing tricks on my mind.

Enjoy the new homeplace!

Geto Boys - My Mind Playing Tricks On Me
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Every morning, at a few moments before 10:30 AM, a beautiful songbird serenades by my window (and often awakens me if I'm about to sleep in later than I wish!)

I actually woke up a little after 9 this morning but stayed busy in my room until just now, just to hear it  :)  Time to start the day!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

/start gush

Today has been spectacular!!  Highlights include:

-Reading more Fellowship O.T.R.
-A particularly good dinner
-Finally getting a good soaking rain, and sitting right in it and meditating under the bamboo trees for the better part of an hour
-Amazing sunset +

-Drive to Blue Ridge Parkway + more sunset goodness + FIREFLIES EVERYWHERE
--Finding random gravel road and driving it for several miles while winding down the mountain in a dark, foggy, kind of eerie type of way... playing CSNY "Guinnivere" for mood effect, feeling like I was in Lothlorien the entire time

/end gush

TheBigChicken

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 24, 2011, 10:33 AM
Every morning, at a few moments before 10:30 AM, a beautiful songbird serenades by my window (and often awakens me if I'm about to sleep in later than I wish!)

I actually woke up a little after 9 this morning but stayed busy in my room until just now, just to hear it  :)  Time to start the day!

BOB MARLEY THREE LITTLE BIRDS
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

woodnymph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jul 28, 2011, 07:21 AM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 24, 2011, 10:33 AM

BOB MARLEY THREE LITTLE BIRDS

PERFECT!!!! So perfect!!!!  :-D  :-D

e_wind

the heatwave in Louisville right now is terrible J!!! We have a heat index of over 110 degress F every day!  I haven't been outside, but I hope its overcast here too :thumbsup:
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

lil sis

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
the heatwave in Louisville right now is terrible J!!! We have a heat index of over 110 degress F every day!  I haven't been outside, but I hope its overcast here too :thumbsup:
Sounds miserable.  We had a bad heatwave in the NJ/NYC area last week.  Our central air decided to crap out right before then so it was pretty miserable here.  Finally cooled down a bit this week.  Hang in there!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

mjk73

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
It's been that hot here almsot everyday since the beginning of July. You'll feel right at home in this heat on Tuesday.

woodnymph

So...... my friend from herb school gave me his old turntable today.

HUZZAH!!  I now have my own turntable!!!  And I was so excited I had it up and running in like 30 minutes-- First the radio for starters, then a Grateful Dead cassette.... and finally, a Mamas and Papas album (as a trial run!)

Don't ask me why it's taken me this long to acquire one... well my mom and pop have one back home, so I'd usually just use that one, but it's super swell to have my very own!

She works like a champ!!  The speaker wiring is suuuuper sketchy, if I bump it in the slightest it fizzes and crackles a bit, but if I keep a good couple feet away from it, it's fine  8)  And it came with a replacement needle, and I changed it up to give it a new start!  SO EXCITING!!!   :D :D

headhunter

Congratulations Woody!  So great to see so many good people on this forum getting into vinyl.  Not only does vinyl sound so much better than cds and mp3s but it is SOOO much more fun.  Enjoy!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

Leaving this morning for a week at the beach! 
.....Back at the Model Home

lil sis

Hope you and your family have a wonderful week away, Twinny!  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

e_wind

I made 175$ in a 4 hour serving shift tonight. I'm gonna go spend a lot now tonight
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

YouAre_GivenToFly

I only have to go to work 6 more times before the Pittsburgh and Meriweather shows!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ALady

Quote from: ALady on Jul 14, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'm trying...   :)

Really working on not living my life constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

OH MY GOD OTHER SHOE WHERE ARE YOU??

Somebody tell me something good?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jaimoe

Today's a stat holiday, but only banks, gov't buildings and post offices are closed. I'm also headed to a backyard bbq and it's hot as blazes out. I get a day in lieu today too since I'm scheduled off from work.

But the bad news is the house/bbq is in the suburban hellhole of north Scarborough... and I'll probably have to drive home, so not too many IPAs today  >:( >:(

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Aug 01, 2011, 10:11 AM
I only have to go to work 6 more times before the Pittsburgh and Meriweather shows!

I'm trying to let this be a Current Joy too hahah!  I've got 5 days of work ahead of myself here, and then I'm homeward bound for the same shows!!  Godspeed!!!

Ruckus

So happy for MJK and his son going to the Pageant tonight :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 02, 2011, 10:46 PM
So happy for MJK and his son going to the Pageant tonight :thumbsup:
Thanks bud. I've never seen him so happy in his 13 year life. I'm totally in the doghouse for keepin his ass out until 2Am but it's the fucking Jacket!!