Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Oh, more current joys:

I got my bicycle and golf clubs out today!  It's gonna be a great summer.

dragonboy

QuoteThis picture:

Friends of yours?!!
Dude, we need to hang out away from the 'anyone else drinking thread'  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

QuoteFriends of yours?!!
Dude, we need to hang out away from the 'anyone else drinking thread'  ;)
Oh god, I wish.  Although I have talked to them both, if that counts for anything!

That's Feist on the left and Emily Haines on the right (who's from Metric, they suck, but she's really great with Broken Social Scene).  

I thought I was going to get kicked out of the Feist concert because I couldn't take my eyes off her.  Great times.  She was dressed in all white.  Yeah, great night.

.Walt

i'm going to get a newer car!! now i can actually listen to a cd!!
i've been wearing headphones while driving for a month now. :-[ which is pretty white trashy and illegal.  but the only radio station that would come in was country. that only lasted a month, which took a lot for me.
i don't know what the first cd i'm going to play, but i know i'm going to piss some old people off.   8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Mr. T.

QuoteNolan

a healthy bouncy sleepy baby boy (and future jacket fanatic)

3-12-07   8:44 pm

:)

Congrats to the mother and the father! And congrats to Nolan too
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Jon T.

Congratulations!!

My wife is due any second now and it is exhausting sitting around waiting.  I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is on her.

Emotionally exhausting that is.  I just realized how dumb it sounded to say it was exhausting sitting around...

TEO

QuoteNolan

Welcome to the world Nolan! I am sure your father will care for you and love you with all of his heart. Hopefully Mom is doing well, and a GREAT BIG congrats goes out to BH.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

colleen

QuoteNolan

I am so happy for you all. What a lovely name. Here's a link to a free birth chart if you are interested.
http://www.alabe.com/freechart
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

dragonboy

QuoteNolan

I completely missed this yesterday, congratulations BH (& Mrs. BH!)  :) :) :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

Thanks everyone! I am pretty busy as you can imagine but I still have to check in on ya'll ya know? :)    Mom is doing good and sleeping as I type.  Shhhhhh!

Thats cool that it was your birthday vc!  I won't ever forget your birthday now! ;)

Hang in there Jon.  It will be over before you know it.

Thanks for the link colleen.   A small bit:

Shy, dreamy, romantic in nature, you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world.  :)

Aaaaannnnnd bottle time......
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

QuoteNolan

congrats!! you know who else has a birthday in march....thats right, this guy! cool month, for cool people....some people are just born into it. congrats again!!

dragonboy

When's your Birthday Capt?
Happy late Birthday if we missed it, Happy Birthday in advance if it's not happened yet!

.Walt

QuoteWhen's your Birthday Capt?
Happy late Birthday if we missed it, Happy Birthday in advance if it's not happened yet!

thanks, but it isn't for a little while. its on the 30th. but trust me, i'll remind everyone. (look for the anybody else drinking post)

bethofftherecord

I quit my job.  I have no real plan.  I just quit, although I did give the proper notice.  I am sick of hating my job and not wanting to get up in the morning.  SO, I made a decision.  Other people may not agree, but it is a JOY!!!  I feel so relieved.  So free.  I will figure it out and get a job that doesn't suck my will to live.  
nothing can be changed except ourselves

Angry Ewok

My current joy is that when my job becomes stressful, I just think about my someone special...

Daydreaming > stressing.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

SMc55

QuoteI quit my job.  I have no real plan.  I just quit, although I did give the proper notice.  I am sick of hating my job and not wanting to get up in the morning.  SO, I made a decision.  Other people may not agree, but it is a JOY!!!  I feel so relieved.  So free.  I will figure it out and get a job that doesn't suck my will to live.  
Good for you!!!

Some people spend years moaning about their job and not doing anything about it.

I know some people are very limited in their options but if you can change what you don't like I think you should.

Good on yer!

SMc55

QuoteNolan

Oh how wonderful!
Congratulations to you all  :D

Angry Ewok

QuoteI quit my job.  I have no real plan.  I just quit....  

"Yeaaahhh... We're gonna need you to... ah... go ahead and clock-in tomorrow an hour early. Yeah."
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The DARK

QuoteNolan

Oh how wonderful!
Congrats!

They say listening to Mozart makes your baby smarter...what about My Morning Jacket?
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMD

QuoteNolan

Oh how wonderful!
Congrats!

They say listening to Mozart makes your baby smarter...what about My Morning Jacket?

Actually that's an urban myth. The guy who wrote the report that the myth is based on said so himself.  There is no research to support that, but yet people still believe.  that's the power of bullshit, folks.