Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI got a really good review of my work by a visiting critic yesterday. That means I will graduate sooner rather than later and can move away!  Now the question is where.  Maybe Philadelphia? Recommendations are welcome. Thanks for the good vibes when I complained about my prospects as they seemed darker last week.

St Louis area is a good choice regardless of what some misleading report on crime says. Great Baseball, there is a football and hocky team here too. TONS of great eating and drinking establishments. St Louis is a huge melting pot of various cusine types. Usually the good acts tour through here. Forest Park!! Cost of living in the midwest is better the left/right coast. Several very large school districts in the area (just do not try StL Public Schools as it's under state take over). Decent train/subway system. Lots of areas with lots of old house some in need of repair others already done. The Arch. We are only 5ish hours from Chicago or Memphis.

TEO

Toubab Krewe treating my wife and I like royalty.

*got in for free

*dedicated a song to us

*gave us merch.

*got the setlist from the stage

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megisnotreal

i work a half-day today, and when i get home, my other will be there waiting for me.

:)

The DARK

School is off today!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

amybee

QuoteToubab Krewe treating my wife and I like royalty.

*got in for free

*dedicated a song to us

*gave us merch.

At the madison?  I saw them there lastnight.  I like 'em!

bethofftherecord

NO MORE SHITTY JOB!!!!!  I am done!  YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

New opportunities are coming around!  Bunch o interviews.  maybe won't have to drive to work!

Having drinks with the girls tonight!

My future is looking bright. ;)
nothing can be changed except ourselves

MarkW

Just changed my car.  The new one's got a pro-logic sound system.  First track I put on when I picked it up was OBH.  Made my day.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

Less than one hour of work left then it's get-down time!

TEO

QuoteToubab Krewe treating my wife and I like royalty.

*got in for free

*dedicated a song to us

*gave us merch.

At the madison?  I saw them there lastnight.  I like 'em!

No, the Bluebird show. Show #5 for me, how 'bout you?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bethofftherecord

Spent most of the day outside, IN MARCH, IN WISCONSIN!!!!  

IT IS 80 DEGREES!!!  

This has to be a record high temp!

Yeah for no more ice on the lakes!
nothing can be changed except ourselves

The DARK

Spring is out to lunch, we're going straight to SUMMER!

89 in Charleston. No explanation for that in March, even here.

megisnotreal

explanation for heat: global warming

my current joy: i heart the forum

colleen

Quotemy current joy: i heart the forum

and the forum hearts you (not that I am the forum spokesperson but I have a feeling this is very true).

I am joyful about gearing up for my summer garden. This is the first summer I will have been home for the whole 3 months since 1999, so I am eager to dig in the dirt. Got the veggie seeds, indoor seeding supplies, been reading about new growing strategies, etc. Very excited to get my seedlings growing so they will be robust and ready to go outside as soon as the ground is ready.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

mjkoehler

I am joyful about gearing up for my summer garden. This is the first summer I will have been home for the whole 3 months since 1999, so I am eager to dig in the dirt. Got the veggie seeds, indoor seeding supplies, been reading about new growing strategies, etc. Very excited to get my seedlings growing so they will be robust and ready to go outside as soon as the ground is ready.

Did loads of this over the weekend. Arms, neck, face burnt to hell. I feel like I went 10 rounds with Clubber Lang, and I have absolutley no energy right now. I WOULD HAVE IT NO OTHER WAY. Man I love spring/summer. Gardening, landscaping, enjoying the fresh air and the sun. Started about 100 chilis in pods last week and almost all have already sprouted. Starting the tomotoes soon. Flowers and bushes planted.

.Walt

just watched okonokos.... again. something about watching them, always makes me feel good, and makes me want to see them soon.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

NoVa_NoLa

I started to post this in the complaints thread, but in the end it's a joy so...

I had to call to make an appointment to euthanize my dog.  Great dog.  Had him since I was 18, I'm now pushing 40 (well I got a few years to go).  Been crying in my office since the call and finallyhave gottenmyself together, but sad none-the-less.

Then Magheeta comes on - instant smile that song.  It is joyous and Max (my dog) would love it.  He has always shared my taste in music,  ;)

So, amidst sorrow there is joy and that joy is Magheeta (and the Jacket).  I wonder which of my office neighbors will be the first to complain about hearing it from now until I leave for the day?  :)

lasvegas

QuoteI started to post this in the complaints thread, but in the end it's a joy so...

I had to call to make an appointment to euthanize my dog.  Great dog.  Had him since I was 18, I'm now pushing 40 (well I got a few years to go).  Been crying in my office since the call and finallyhave gottenmyself together, but sad none-the-less.

Then Magheeta comes on - instant smile that song.  It is joyous and Max (my dog) would love it.  He has always shared my taste in music,  ;)

So, amidst sorrow there is joy and that joy is Magheeta (and the Jacket).  I wonder which of my office neighbors will be the first to complain about hearing it from now until I leave for the day?  :)

I feel for you more than you know...I had to put down my lab that I got back when I was in college recently, and it was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to go through.  He was by far the best friend I've ever had. And he was my heart.

But you are right, Max is enjoying the Jacket as you should be, and you are doing it together. Music is the medicine for a broken heart and bruised soul. And there is no better music than that wonderful music set to the beauty that is Jim James voice.

Just know the pain will slowly go away but the memories never will. You AND Max are lucky for having each other and the time you were able to spend together. For these times will never leave your mind.

Keep smiling and keep groovin' because after all, thats what Max is doin'!!
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

The DARK

Spring Break in 3 days!!!

The Big Come Up

QuoteSpring Break in 3 days!!!
4 days for me, but still this break is gonna be sweet

The Big Come Up

I usually complain a lot about having to get up real early for my job, but not today. I work at a golf course, so on the weekends im there round 7 before the sun starts to come out. Also, im outside pretty much the whole time, and when there arent to many people around, I keep my ipod in. When I started to work around l flipped through and came upon "At Dawn", and figured it be good to listen too in the morning. Just as Jim starts singing "At Dawn", the sun came up from behind the tress and shone all around. It was great, and the album never sounded so good. Actually listen to "At Dawn" at dawn, and you'll know what im talking about.  :)