Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteWho are the Cubs?

Exactly! Go CARDS. I will be loving life shortly. I work 2 blocks from Busch Stadium. The smell of grilled meats, BEER, the sound of screaming fans, free tickets that are always floating around at work. GOD I LOVE BASEBALL SEASON!!!

just reading that makes me wanna grill, crack a beer, and listen to the ball game on the radio. and play bean bags with the boys.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

QuoteWe all know it's the year of the Blue Jay.

NO it's not.  It's the year of the blue gay.

oh sweet Christ I just spit coffee everywhere!!! Thanks for reminding me why that is the greatest TV show ever.

"Tobias: Michael, you are quite the cupid. You can stick an arrow in my buttocks any time. "

Taterbug

White sox fan.  Not a Cubs fan.  I can't hate on the cubs, But I dislike Michael Barrett.
He is a cry baby. He can't even handle a collision at the plate from A.J. .

What does a cardinals fan and a homo have in common ?

they both like Pujols.

I would really like to get into fantasy baseball but I  don't have the time.  It requires alot more attention than fantasy football.  you gotta check that shit every day.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

rugbird

The Cards will finish around 4th place this year.  Same with the smelly White Sock.

BH

QuoteThe Cards will finish around 4th place this year.  Same with the smelly White Sock.

In the division?  Would you like to put your money where your mouth is?

The Cubs may have spent $300,000,000 this year on free agents but one of them was Ex-Cardinall Jason Marquis who had a 6.02 ERA last year!  Good luck with him.  And $136 million for Soriano who struck out 160 times last year, failed to reach 100 rbi and is a mediocre fielder.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rugbird

Sure, 10 bucks say the Cubs beat the Cards head to head, just like last year.

Not crazy bout the Marquis signing, if he sucks hell be relegated.

And Soriano is Soriano, hell wreck some havoc on everyone, for sure.

And fagmouth Edmonds and dogface Rolen are both beat!

BH

Sure, 10 bucks say the Cubs beat the Cards head to head, just like last year.

It's funny that you say that, becuase we always joke about how the Cubs get fired up to play the Cardinals, but suck against the rest of the League.  Do you feel good about finishing ahead of the Cardinals head to head but watching from the sideline in October.  I guess our goals are just different.  I would rather bet on who finishes higher in the division but if you want to do head to head, I'm up for that.

Are Kerry Wood and Mark Prior healthy this year? ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Go Sox!  Jermaine Dye is one BMF, IMHO...the A.L. central is going to be wild this season.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

rugbird

QuoteAre Kerry Wood and Mark Prior healthy this year?

Nobody knows.

Do hot tub injuries count? :)

Ill go back to betting on finishing higher in the division.  We could make an avatar bet.

For the record I have the utmost respect for the Cards and their fans.  Though the internet brings out the baddies.  (not you). Just havin some fun.  Cubs will be fun to watch hit anyway.  Pitching and d are big question marks, but nobody's staff is that scary.

ManNamedTruth

Baseball is boring but occasionally I'll watch the Pirates. They pretty much suck every year though. Got to represent Pittsburgh cause I see all the Cards, Brewers and Cubs fans in this thread.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

BH

but nobody's staff is that scary.

You got that right.  I don't know what we are going to get.  We have one great pitcher and 4 question marks.   Avatar change for one month on who's team finishes higher in the NL central.  Deal?

rugbird

QuoteAvatar change for one month on who's team finishes higher in the NL central.  Deal?

You got it, avatar of the winners choice for the loser.

.Walt

take that white sox
take that tigers
take that indians
take that royals

red

I love drinking cold beer on a hot day and watching my Jays.  This year's gonna rule.

.Walt

fucking right. every year i take everything off. school not going. work calling in sick. you'll find me with a case of beer and two tv on sitting on the couch.

.Walt

tator, i have a feeling we're going to have words this baseball season.  ;)
i'm at home to eat dinner with the parents, and my dad has a white sox world champs sweatshirt on.  >:(

red

There best not be any Yankees or Red Sox fans here.  If so, prepare to be hated by me (in this thread).

.Walt

my roommate is a big yankee fan. which its alright, if thats your team. but then he went out and bought a twins hat. that didn't fly with me. if you're a padres fan, you can wear a twins hat.  if you're a red sox, yankees, tigers, white sox, indians.  you can't wear the TC. my other roommate bought a tigers hat. what the fuck :-?

the royals fan can wear a twins hat.

Taterbug

My old man lives up in your neck  of the woods, on the east side of the Twin cities, he is a huge Sox fan also.  That makes 2 sox fans , theres plenty more room on the bandwagon,  Your more than welcome to jump on.  Do they still give away Twins tickets in  Mc donalds happy meals.  ;D
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe